• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 randomly turning off or losing power on standby, becoming more frequent

rbanke

I've had it happen a few times also. The ps4 in standby seems to be very sensitive to power dips. I get then from time to time where the ups on my pc will click. That's been enough to trigger the ps4 to turn off but not enough to reset the clock in my oven & microwave. I'll be putting a ups on my ps4 though. Maybe this is similar to your situation.

Jigolo

Errr, how can you get a product replaced if it has no problems?

They would just send it back to you telling you (correctly) that it's just fine.

This is a perfect example. You say it turns off randomly. You can't recreate the situation, it just happens. Sony can't prove you're wrong.

Update on my situation, it did turn out that the power had briefly terminated and thus shut off the PS4. False alarm.

Sorry to hear about those who do actually have legitimate issues.

Ape

Banned
Is it losing power as you're playing your PS3 with the DS4? You might be turning it off by accident.

McBryBry

I just got mine a week ago, and I'm having issues with (I believe) the HDMI. Sometimes when I power on, it doesn't display unless I turn it off and back on. Is there a solution to this?

shandy706

I just got mine a week ago, and I'm having issues with (I believe) the HDMI. Sometimes when I power on, it doesn't display unless I turn it off and back on. Is there a solution to this?

Return it I believe. Some others may have a few suggestions before you do so.

The HDMI issue was/is pretty wide spread. I had more than one friend have to return theirs due to the HDMI isssue.

I really wonder why people who experience such an issue spend their time posting on GAF about it instead of phoning Sony for a replacement.
Because of the thousands of users on here someone may have a solution that doesnt require contacting sony & sending it away?

Mine shut off while on standby. I was in the room when it happened - we heard the beep but didn't know what it was. Got the warning when rebooting. If it keeps doing it, I guess I'll return it.

We live in the south though - power is always a problem. Nothing else shut off, but if it's sensitive to dirty power or minor fluctuations, that could be it. I have a UPS upstairs I can use if I need to.

lemmykoopa

Mine turned off yesterday while I was streaming music from Music Unlimited. Turned it back on, no warning message, booted normally. First time this has happened. :-(

Top Bottom