• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 sold over 40 million units worldwide

Unknown?

I very much doubt that.

SE will have exclusive marketing for Sony or no exclusive marketing at all. They aren't even porting future games to XO. Star Ocean 5, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, etc aren't coming to Xbox only the games that were in production before this gen started.

psylah

Neo is coming. It's slightly faster! TO THE MAAAAAX!

112988.gif

Shin-Ra

Seriously though, have we ever gotten an idea of middle east sales numbers?

And I'm not talking about the cheeky imported yellow-dot game sales.

Unknown?

News to counter the power of Scorpio, no doubt.

Congrats though, Sony!

Unlikely, they most likely were aware of Scorpio before these rumors if it indeed is true. If fall 2017 is true then they have plenty of time to react. They can delay Neo if they feel necessary.

Bloodborne
Uncharted 5
Ratchet and Clank
Littlebigplanet 3
The Witcher 3
Rocket League

Almost checks out.

The majority:
NBA 2K from the previous year.
NBA 2K from the current year.
Madden from the previous year.
Madden from the current year.
FIFA from the previous year.
FIFA from the current year.
Call of Duty from the previous year.
Call of Duty from the current year.
GTA V.

Sharpeye

Seriously though, have we ever gotten an idea of middle east sales numbers?

And I'm not talking about the cheeky imported yellow-dot game sales.

There was a report that a million PS4s were sold in the ME and that its a growing market for Playstation. That figure is like a year old though, no doubt its much higher now. Should be an old thread on it too if you search it.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
The majority:
NBA 2K from the previous year.
NBA 2K from the current year.
Madden from the previous year.
Madden from the current year.
FIFA from the previous year.
FIFA from the current year.
Call of Duty from the previous year.
Call of Duty from the current year.
GTA V.

What?
More like-

GTAV
GTAV
GTAV
GTAV
GTAV
Knack

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Around 1,141,000 as of April 2016.

Around 13,565,000 as of April 2016.

Considering how these are sales up to April, while the sell-through announcement is up to May 22nd, 2016, this means that US account for, at least, 27.83% of worldwide YTD sales and at least 33.91%

The NPD number, LTD and YTD, and the 4.1 Million consoles they sold worldwide since early Janauary's 35.9 announcement tells me Japan is not that dead of a market although it is smaller than it once was certainly.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
why? Sony is selling like they always do. its the fourth gen running with approx. 100 million sales what does MS have to do with it?

I do not like that attitude either. It smells like a negative or bleak view of Sony's actions which is unjustified in this case: it is essentially implying that the winner of three of the last of four console generation (second place last gen) owes its success to the bad actions pre-launch by their competitors rather than a well planned and executed strategy.

Varg

Banned
40 million sold and they don't have the damn decency to remaster a damn socom game for the fans. A damn shame.

Top Bottom