• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR Launch - Sales and Availability Annecdotal Evidence

black070

Argos stores in and around Glasgow, UK. It's been like this all day long. This is just the HMD.

Screenshot_20161013_201736.png

Robroyston is VR territory.

Unknown?

I'm interested to see how the sales pan out. When I stood in line to try it last week, everyone was around my age, 35, or slightly younger. Kids don't seem to really know what VR is and probably won't appreciate it as much as the older people who grew up on a dream of having VR one day. I think Sony is really going to have to do some major marketing around the holidays to get the much younger crowd interested. My nephews who are 13 and 10 have no clue what VR is
They could have been getting it for their children.. Younger people probably won't get it because they don't make the money for it in general.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mine arrived this morning seconds after I left for work. I imagine it will get stolen during the day.

RSP

Heaps of 'em over here in Leeuwarden (NL). Mediamarkt of course. Nobody was buying them either (except me)

emb

Well, I gave it a shot trying to find one.

Best Buy had at least two headsets on display. No bundles, even when I asked about 'em. Target had nothing; they told me that they got 3 bundles, and they sold out at 8:45 this morning. Walmart had nothing. One Gamestop in my city had a headset or two, but all the others in the immediate area were cleaned out of bundles. The person I talked to at ToysRus didn't seem to know, but I figured they were probably out anyway.

And by the time I got off work, tried to shop and all, Amazon no longer has any, until October 17. =(

demigod

I just picked up 3 games at Best Buy. There was no psvr at the gaming section BUT they did have 2 core and 2 launch bundles at the store pickup section. Why they put it there when its not for people reserved is beyond me.

Top Bottom