• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pulling the trigger on a Scorpio Ready TV Early

oneils

Make sure your TV is not subject to a recall. I had a similar issue with an older samsung tv. I thought I was going to have to replace it but my girlfriend, at the time, did some research and found that the tv was subject to a recall and that samsung would pay for repairs (even if it was outside of warranty period - I think).

Samsung paid for a local repair shop to come to my house and repair it. I didn't have to ship it anywhere.

Gowans

I wouldn't buy a cheap $200 TV or whatever, you'll get a piece of shit and you still want to use it for at LEAST six months, right? Why not get the ks8000, save 1000 pounds for now, the next big feature rich TVs will be intro'd at CES 2018 next january and then you can decide then what an upgrade path is and how long you will wait. If you hunt around you SHOULD be able to find a KS8000 for even cheaper, since its discontinued now I think?
Yeah my thoughts exactly

ss_lemonade

55B6 from a deal on eBay for $1150, compared to the $1300 the 55" KS8000 was going for at that point. I was trying to wait for the KS8000 at sub-$1000, but then that B6 deal fell into my lap.
Sounded like a great deal then! I already had a 55in tv (w900a) so I couldn't get myself to get another at that size to upgrade to. Ended up with a 65in ks9000 instead with EPP pricing

Best part of this is, 6 months from now and OP doesn't think the tv was worth the purchase for the Scorpio, we'll get a thread about how 'Microsoft cost me a grand!!!!'.
Never purchase something for an unreleased product.
Wait for Scorpio.
Wait for a tv deal.
Just wait.

statham

Best part of this is, 6 months from now and OP doesn't think the tv was worth the purchase for the Scorpio, we'll get a thread about how 'Microsoft cost me a grand!!!!'.
Never purchase something for an unreleased product.
Wait for Scorpio.
Wait for a tv deal.
Just wait.

Wait for HDMI 2.1 there's nothing available currently that's ready. Or you can't wait. Find a better deal for the KS8000 as a temporary solution, sell and upgrade later.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I pulled the trigger on KS8000 65" in December. Love it, waiting for scorpio now.

n0razi

B6 OLED, nothing else comes close... coming from someone who upgraded from a KS8000

I dont see a point in getting the top of the line Scorpio and skimping on the TV

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Whatever you do, get it from John Lewis or Richer Sounds this time.

3.5 years...

Save the money and get a regular X1 then

Because 4k HDR, higher framerates etc. aren't worth it without an OLED? I'm pretty happy with my $700 55" KS8000. I know an OLED is significantly better. But considering what's on the horizon for TV features, it might actually make sense to "Skimp" as you say.

No way to know. Both the new Sony sets and LG sets can do 1080p@120hz. With 2.1 we could see 4k 120hz.

Hopefully. That's be pretty neat. I asked because for me variable refresh rates have been amazing above 60hz. Maybe my monitor is broken caus below 60 and above 45 gsync is kind of all over the place for me and not as smooth as I was lead to believe. I don't mean to derail the thread, just thought from personal experience, if capped at 60 not sure how good variable refresh rate tvs will be but 120hz would be great

Would kill for Wipeout at 120hz

Top Bottom