• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Q2 Rapup 2015: Putting Up The Good Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Didn't know you were feeling the Doppel EP like that. I'm really liking the evolution in their sound.
I didn't know they had new material out (I'm a horrible person) before I checked this thread; listened to it last night. With each release I'm floored by how lush their production is, it never fails to feel really fucking dense and since Peace Kehd they've managed to broaden their sound into something that balances the boom bap and old-timey samples with I wanna say trappy hi-hats. It's a great tape.

e: and Jim Jones just comes out of fucking nowhere
06 is one of the best albums of the past few years.
I totally agree. It weaves the gangsta gangsta with the bon mot words of wisdom better than anything I've heard in years.

Fjordson

Really enjoying the Lucki Eck$ tape. It's so heavy. The atmosphere and the production just feels like a hundred pounds on your chest. Good stuff.

PlayDat

A little surprised you like higher. While I thought it was kind of boring I have to admit I'd be interested in hearing more from Banks.

Rodman from Q1 still gets plenty of spins. Really grew on me in the past few weeks.

Nice write up as always! Just realized I've only listened to one retail rap album so far this year. Gonna remedy that pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom