• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error gameplay videos amidst controversy

Chukhopops

Once you reach 2:00 in the first video it’ll become clear why they needed the free marketing.

03oN9TH.jpg

Last edited:

StueyDuck

it's so weird when indie devs get involved in console wars.

I remember the moon studios guy making up fud with the pro back in the day. then there was that idiot publisher I think of descenders or something that just complained non stop on social media (he wasn't even the dev)

Any respect I have for you instantly goes out the window the second you throw out professionalism for childish internet feuds

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I see nothing here that would demand a any special hardware (which was a extremely sus claim in the first place). The gameplay videos looks hilariously bad.

Edit: What's with the excessive use of fake film grain in the promo shots above.

Edit 2: Fuck, I'm slow.. I get it now. This game would quickly drown in obscurity without attention. So the developer embarked on a calculated controversial journey towards PR, and to gain loyalty from dumb Playstation fans. It makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

the_master

I wanted to ask why did they add a 3rd person mode. I think it does not bring anything to the game. I could try it out though.
But then I read that is made by 4 people only? If that is true, impressive. You should not hate an amateur group but encourage it.

HL3.exe

I'm aware game dev is incredibly hard, to fund, to build a team, coherent vision and all of that. But why does this game look like a PS360 game from a pure game-logic standpoint.

I was hoping UE5 would open new avenue's for games. More detailed animation blending and collisions, more reactive environments, etc. At least something I haven't played the last 16 years?

Mr.Phoenix

I think you'll need to just relax.

I get that this game looks generic af, but that's where it ends. The studio simply said that they have loading screens on Xbox and none on PS5 and all of a sudden you all are up in arms accusing them of console warring? YOu guys are just showing a lot of insecurity.

wtf? They are not the only dev to make a game on this current gen that has longer loading times on the Xbox.:messenger_unamused:

Not very knowledgeable about all the "console warring," but I think this looks pretty cool. A lot of good ideas. I wish it had better funding to be more fleshed out and not look so generic.

skit_data

They tagged the tweet with #cosmichorror
If that's indeed what they're aiming for this might be more interesting than I thought at first

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
it's so weird when indie devs get involved in console wars.

I remember the moon studios guy making up fud with the pro back in the day. then there was that idiot publisher I think of descenders or something that just complained non stop on social media (he wasn't even the dev)

Any respect I have for you instantly goes out the window the second you throw out professionalism for childish internet feuds
They don't want your respect they want sales, and puffing up one bunch of internet warriors and riling up another gives you a lot of free advertising.

Kiraly

THIS game was said to absolutely need to the PS5 SSD??? 😂😂😂

I think you'll need to just relax.

I get that this game looks generic af, but that's where it ends. The studio simply said that they have loading screens on Xbox and none on PS5 and all of a sudden you all are up in arms accusing them of console warring? YOu guys are just showing a lot of insecurity.

wtf? They are not the only dev to make a game on this current gen that has longer loading times on the Xbox.:messenger_unamused:

Take a look at their twitter account and what posts were retweeted and then come back here saying people are showing "insecurity" lol.

Ozriel

M$FT

And now you’re being disingenuous. Absolutely nobody has any issue with games loading longer on Xbox Series. The PS5 has a faster SSD, afterall.

Honestly this game looks better than Redfall and Redfall couldnt run well on Series S. Couldn't even do 60fps.

The ‘honestly’ in your post 🤣

Spider-Man Face GIF

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Indie devs are getting seriously talented. Hard to tell this apart from the best stuff AAA devs are putting out such as Doom 3.
Unreal is getting more robust you mean.
You can buy asset packs and basic set up is easy for anyone off the street.

SJRB

Gold Member
well, they succeed. console warz prove useful.

Now a bunch of people are going to champion this game until the inevitable 6/10 on Meta.

brilliant strategy from the studio.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills or I'm just out of the loop on some memes. What is there to champion?

Those videos look as mid as they come. I like the HUD design but the rest is just okay-ish at best.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills or I'm just out of the loop on some memes. What is there to champion?

Those videos look as mid as they come. I like the HUD design but the rest is just okay-ish at best.
Play Station's SSD. the devs said it was so fast that they would have to change the xbox version and the PS5 is the definitive way to play the game

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This is so generic looking...and downright bad.

One way to get marketing I guess.

Are these 60fps videos or is it just my phone that's making it look sub 30.

StueyDuck

They don't want your respect they want sales, and puffing up one bunch of internet warriors and riling up another gives you a lot of free advertising.
Well at the end of the day people buy games because they want to play them, not because of console wars (forspoken would have topped the charts if that was true).

I would potentially buy an indie game to support a Dev I have lots of respect for however. I've done so in the past

Top Bottom