• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question for all Sonic Advance 1 (USA) owners - Please help!!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Hi guys,

Well, I've had the game for a while now but I didn't try to play it until yesterday. I bought it used w/ box and instructions from Gamestop over a year ago. Anyway... I think I might have a bootleg or the Japanese version. Let me explain.

1. The paper for the instruction booklet feels a little off (a tiny bit thin compared to most other GBA instruction booklets)

2. There is Japanese writing on the title screen and when a level starts.

Does this sound right? Does the US version have some Japanese text?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Look at the inside of the cartrdige from the bottom. Is there a Nintendo logo on the chip? If not, bootleg

Legit cartridge:

orig_hardware.jpg

More info:

http://www.advance-power.de/guides.php?content=piratery

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
There is. It reads "Nintendo AGB-E02-20".

Can anyone with a US version take a pic of their cart?

Here is a pic of the title screen that I found from a r0mz website. Mine looks just like this.

1.png

Nikashi

Banned
JC10001 said:
There is. It reads "Nintendo AGB-E02-20".

Can anyone with a US version take a pic of their cart?

Here is a pic of the title screen that I found from a r0mz website. Mine looks just like this.

1.png

Nope, the american version looks like that, I just checked on my own copy (That I got new from EB)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think you have a legitimate copy of the Japanese version. I think there's another way to tell if it's a pirate if you check the back of the cartridge. If it doesn't say Pat. Pending made in.... etc, then it's probably a pirate

ok so it's the English version

Gattsu25 said:
No, the game sucks in all versions.

Oh...wait--

haha

Top Bottom