• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racist Black History Month essay shocks school

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if she was hanging on to the side of a cliff and I was the only one around to hand her a helping hand, I can keep it pushing. I'll tell some one, if I were to be asked about it.

She would have to much fear, to ask for help from me anyway.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You have no idea where she picked this up from. It could've been her parents, or it could've been her friends. It could've been her neighbors. It could've been the Internet (hello alt-right/Gamergate). Ultimately, she is not a bug in the system; she's the logical conclusion of it. Putting this kind of blatant racism off on nothing but "bad parenting" when no one actually knows for certain where this came from does nothing but kick the can down the road in terms of addressing the real problem, which is that this is a societal and cultural illness.
being raised in texas i have a pretty good idea. Regardless of where she picked it up from doesnt change the fact that it is a societal problem and it does society no good to A) ignore this and B) punish people forever for something.

I'll be honest and say I have no interest in acting like society depends upon the way we treat this one girl.
yes, but in aggregate its bad for society. Its the attitude of punishing everyone forever for something they said or did.

Lol, there it is:

tQM1jDA.png

#AllHistroriesMatter basically

When will be people stop pulling this shit. Concern trolling and whatnot.
there are classes pretty much dedicated to white history. its called American History. White history is, by no metric, under-taught or under-recognized

also, there is already a Hispanic American Heritage month and a Asian Pacific American Heritage month, just cause his ignorant don't know...Fronting like he actually gives a shit about equality.

I know im preaching to the choir with this post but lol

Nepenthe

being raised in texas i have a pretty good idea. Regardless of where she picked it up from doesnt change the fact that it is a societal problem and it does society no good to A) ignore this and B) punish people forever for something.

The fact is this will be ignored, and she will go on through life likely with her racial biases intact to some degree, because we live in a society where people are just as outraged over black anger for shit like this as they are the actual racism.

yes, but in aggregate its bad for society. Its the attitude of punishing everyone forever for something they said or did.

I'm not asking for aggregate punishment of the majority of white Americans tho'.

The fact is this will be ignored, and she will go on through life likely with her racial biases intact to some degree, because we live in a society where people are just as outraged over black anger for shit like this as they are the actual racism.

She'll get tut tutted for like, 2 more weeks then nobody will ever remember this, her parents will move her to a new school, and she'll grow up and fuck people of color over in whatever nice job she gets.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Am I the only person who kept reading this shit in a really redneck southern accent (in my head) and kept picturing her as the Cash Me Outside girl?

I mean holy shit, this is some vile, vile writing here. This girl is deeply fucked in the head. She's definitely overheard some awful shit from her parents and family to be picking this up and putting it out there to a classroom. Goddamn.

cordy

Banned
Just because you say you're not racist doesn't mean you're not. This girl, wow.

I don't even know what to say to this.

“I’m not fully racist but I hate almost every black person,”
Not even like "Woah, don't call me racist."

Instead it's almost like she's using it to say "I'm really racist, but I think I can do more."

Horrible, horrible writing in every sense of the word.

Racism is dead bruh.

Everyone involved in this has failed the kid. The parents, the teachers, the board, even the fucking kid himself.

watershed

Banned
Please note that she hates almost all black people. HATES them. Including those she will never meet. But she HATES them. But she's not fully racist. Not fully.

I spent the long weekend watching old CBS documentaries on race from the mid 60s and let me tell you "what about White people?" and "the White Christian male is forgotten about" was a thing even in fucking segregation era.
Might be the least surprising thing I've heard all day.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Pretty amazing how ignorance work.
The kid probably calls the people who actually look like the apostles "Terrorists" or something.

I think this exceeds racist, and is just down right ignorance on the utmost level.

The funniest part (because it's so ridiculous) is the notion that since she feels unsafe, they should have all remained slaves.

Supast4r

What? This makes no sense.

And also how does she know they're white, did she read a picture Book Bible?

This is a bad fucking essay, in almost every way possible. Goddamn I'm disgusted.

Jesus (whose real name is Yesua ben Yosef) WAS ASIAN not white. Plus since the dude wandered through desserts for the last years of his life his skin completion would have been dark as fuck.

PaulloDEC

“I’m not fully racist but I hate almost every black person”

If she thinks taking this stance doesn't make her "fully racist", I can only imagine what she thinks being "fully racist" means. I think it'd be quite eye-opening to see what her parents are like.

Speevy

Banned
If she thinks taking this stance doesn't make her "fully racist", I can only imagine what she thinks being "fully racist" means. I think it'd be quite eye-opening to see what her parents are like.

I think it's like being "fully Targaryen". Both your parents have to be siblings.

Spladam

After re-reading the essay, I have to assume this student is a special education student, or has a mental disability. The grammar alone, for a high school student, says learning disability or some such.

Koomaster

If I ever needed to vomit; I would read that essay again.

Putting aside the overt FULLY racist content, its barely coherent; yet somehow was written by a high school student. I think we need to start holding back kids who aren't making at least C averages because I can't even fathom how we let people into high school who write this poorly.

As for how she chose to write about the subject, its absolute trash. What else can be said about it that hasn't already been written? As I mentioned, it's vomit inducing, as well as a failure of our society that we make racists and similar bottom feeders feel comfortable enough to come out of hiding to spew their malodorous garbage. This girl should be ashamed to even have such thoughts, not emboldened to write them down as an assignment. I hope she is forever shunned by her no doubt countless 'black friends' as well as her friends of other various colors.

Speevy

Banned
After re-reading the essay, I have to assume this student is a special education student, or has a mental disability. The grammar alone, for a high school student, says learning disability or some such.

After reading this post, I have to assume you don't understand disabilities or special education.

My special education students with learning disabilities have the best grammar in the class.

I disagree with assuming a mental disability because of the grammar. At least at my old highschool there was a huge gap when It came to writing. Half the class had perfect writing(Relatively speaking) the other half was worst than hers and it's not because of mental disabilities but instead just apathy when it comes to their education.

She sounds like she's listening more to her parents than her teachers cause she's dumb and ignorant as shit.

I don't wish anything bad like death or harm on her, but if I were her teacher, she'd be writing me a very, very long essay on Black History Month, viewing a couple of documentaries, and a book report on Roots.

HotHamBoy

You guys.

I've said this before.

Everything that's wrong with this high schooler's essay can be explained with one word: Louisiana

Why people think jesus is white not a middle eastren ?

Because every depiction of Jesus that they have ever seen has been of a white man.

Why people think jesus is white not a middle eastren ?
It partially has to do with Art starting from the middle ages. I'm not going to diss Byzantine art because often they did portray Jesus as darker toned with more distictly middle eastern features but that wasnt the case in the rest of Europe. In the middle ages the past was thought of differently,many tales were heavily edited and changed around from the Roman and Greek periods often made Christian and contemporary. This contemporariness in the middle ages is a big reason why Jesus is white as almost all historical figures were drawn like they were from the period and area of the artist. Now that in itself wasn't a problem as the artist didn't know any better but such a practce especially making Jesus white continued on past the middle ages even though by than artist knew better and had a more developed sense of their place in history.

MechaX

Yikes, yikes, yikes. This student tried to start with some Diet Racism bullshit, but then Ascended to a Level Even Further Beyond Massive Racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom