• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 previews are dropping

can we all just take a moment to appreciate the fur and hair in this game.

god the details are fantastic, i'm worried they are gonna get lost in motion when playing.

Last edited:

Skyr

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Should we be concerned that there is no actual gameplay videos released from the game so far? I'm hesitant to put much trust into a scripted gameplay session for journalists only lasting 2 hours when we can't even see the gameplay recordings. Why were they not allowed to record gameplay?
Rockstar/Take 2 have been doing this for years. You will only start seeing lots of videos when people can actually buy the game. And even then Take 2 will probably delete videos from youtube for several days like they did with previous games.

When does the embargo lift? Can only fit one more new release in my budget this year and I'm undecided between this or Hitman 2. Could really use actual gameplay videos before deciding.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
No lie, 20+ years of gaming, have NEVER been pumped about a game like this....hundreds of games played and beat.

The game looks beautiful, but I am still weary. I really didn't much care for the first game, even after a recent replay of it. I had to force myself to finish it due to its rather poor pacing in its story. Its world also felt a tad janky and unpolished. Though I blame the poor controls that GTA IV had at the time.

Though the more I see of it, the more I want to buy the 100 dollar steelbook edition. I am a sucker for steelbooks.

Halabane

I am so glad to see people so hyped. Sadly I don't see it, much like the first one, which I couldn't get myself to finish it. Its a western and no matter how much lipstick they put on that genre its just can't get me interested. But I really hope its what you all seem to be hoping for.

SonGoku

Sony pays to get the RDR2 advertising while the Xbox One X users get the best availble version of the game, love it!
I love how we are just gonna pretend console refreshes arent more than a small niche userbase when in reality the base consoles make the majority of the user base

Last edited:

meirl

Banned
I love how we are just gonna pretend console refreshes arent more than a small niche userbase when in reality the base consoles make the majority of the user base

Well, anyone who really cares about performance and graphics will get the Xbox one x, because this platform will always be the best console to play those games

SonGoku

Well, anyone who really cares about performance and graphics will get the Xbox one x, because this platform will always be the best console to play those games
Sure but that wasn't the premise of the post i replied to
Anyone who cares about performance and graphics will play on pc correct?

I´m expecting a quality product but I´ll wait to hear opinions on the narrative before I pick it up since a big part of what annoyed me in the first game was how often it forces you to perform mundane tasks for NPCs without giving you a "maybe go fuck yourself" option. This might be kind of a stupid opinion but honestly I can´t imagine ever playing RDR1 again just because of that snake oil motherfucker. That guy might be my least favorite game character ever and not in a "con-men are supposed to be annoying" kind of way, but in a "this guy has almost gotten me killed 25 times just shoot the bitch and take the god damn wagon jesus christ" kind of way.

This is the wild west, your character is an outlaw. Not putting up with people´s shit/stealing their loot should be par for the course. If this game is gonna make me sit through 30 more instances of "this is the LAST time..." then its gonna be a no buy for me.

Looks pretty spiffy though from a gameplay standpoint.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Sure but that wasn't the premise of the post i replied to
Anyone who cares about performance and graphics will play on pc correct?

But you can't play RDR on PC.

Trying my dam hardest to finish FH4 before this comes out. 3 exhibitions to go, couple stunts, couple roads.

Last edited:

Horns

Sounds like the turning off your mini map may not actually be true. They're now saying it was a misunderstanding.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Who cares which system has the better graphics? Lets focus on talking about a (possibly) awesome new game that we will be able to experience in a few weeks. The games are what is important - not the system you play it on.

Last edited:

SonGoku

But you can't play RDR on PC.
Sure, but the post i replied to was referring to games in general not one in particular
No, not correct. Any console gamer who cares about performance and graphics will play on the X. You pay me $$$ I wouldn't go anywhere near Peecee for gaming.
Thats fine, but the poster i replied to was talking about gamers not any type in particular: "anyone who really cares about performance and graphics"

Got em' like there's no tomorrow.
Not really , i don't mind the contribution but its irrelevant to my post for reasons stated above

Last edited:

Skyr

Shipment of my game is being prepared. Should hold it in my hands in about 25 hours. So excited :)

Can we turn off hud elements? Especially quest markers or "talk to this person" markers.

Another cool thing I saw in a preview video is the NPC quests don't distinguish between random encounters and main story line quests. So playing it should feel less gamey. There should be a lot more consequences too. So if you want to go around blasting people, you won't know if someone is important later in the game.

So let me get this right. The first DLC leaked. So it's finished before the main game is done but we will still have to pay for it. :/Yay.

BONDO

When does the embargo lift? Can only fit one more new release in my budget this year and I'm undecided between this or Hitman 2. Could really use actual gameplay videos before deciding.

Perhaps im biased....but RDR is really the only answer here. That being said....there are some or were some leaked videos on YouTube last night.
If you played the original you should have an idea of what its like I guess

xviper

i was planning on postponing my playthrough until i'm done with my college exams, but fuck it, i can't resist, i have to play, friday can't come soon enough

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
Looking at all those reviews makes me feel like a kid trying to slightly tear open a side of wrapping paper on a present during Christmas to look at it.

Resisting all urges to read any of it while I tap my feet for Friday.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Only give me Random Funny events and weapons, i know Red dead redemption 2 Will be funny and amazing game.

Dont need to read what IGN say

Top Bottom