• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redbox Video Game Sale 9/2 to 9/11

Ugh I was gonna go pick up a copy of UC4. That's a great price considering GameStop is still over $50, but $29 for a piece of paper is a lot different than a $3 rental. Now I'm having second thoughts.

For what it's worth that was about 6 months ago, and customer service did refund my money right away when I called them on the spot from the kiosk. They were well aware of the problem so hopefully they have figured out something to prevent that from happening by now.

Great sale

I picked up uncharted collection , halo 5, batman arkham knight and mortal kombat X for under $30
Games were pretty minty too :)

Until dawn for under $10 is an amazing price, get it if you haven't played, such a tense X funny X fun X shook game

bebop242

Thanks for the heads up, picked up Batman and Transformers. Nice haul for 15ish bucks.

Mad max for 9 bucks is a no brainer btw.

For what it's worth that was about 6 months ago, and customer service did refund my money right away when I called them on the spot from the kiosk. They were well aware of the problem so hopefully they have figured out something to prevent that from happening by now.

Is it literally just a call and they'll refund? I've been fortunate in that in past sales I've managed to get by without receiving a duped game (actually just picked up MKX and Transformers), but something about plunging $30 on Uncharted 4 is making me a bit hesitant.

daveo42

Banned
Time to go see if I can snag a Nathan Drake Collection or Until Dawn. Sucks it is disc only, but there's always custom cover art and cheap boxes if you want to show them off.

I've done this before, but it is extremely YMMV: Since GameStop has generic cases they can use, they sometimes will let you take a case for a game if they have it, free of charge. I've asked at 3 of the ones around me, and 2 of them had no problem giving me the cases to a couple of games. At the other one, the guy just seemed kind of confused and said he didn't think he could do that

Never even thought of that. I have a large supply of empty Blu-Ray boxes. With that an a high quality image you could get a pretty great custom box cover. I know the thread on here is a great place too to look for images and advice.

Time to go see if I can snag a Nathan Drake Collection or Until Dawn. Sucks it is disc only, but there's always custom cover art and cheap boxes if you want to show them off.

I've done this before, but it is extremely YMMV: Since GameStop has generic cases they can use, they sometimes will let you take a case for a game if they have it, free of charge. I've asked at 3 of the ones around me, and 2 of them had no problem giving me the cases to a couple of games. At the other one, the guy just seemed kind of confused and said he didn't think he could do that

Dereck

I asked them for an empty Xbox One case and they said they couldn't give them out.

They didn't say I couldn't buy a used copy of NBA 2K14 for $4 using in store credit from a year ago though.

daveo42

Banned
1/2 so far.

Got Until Dawn with zero issue at one Red Box. Another had Nathan Drake Collection, but someone decided to remove the stick and return the case, so I paid for a plastic case and nothing else. Already called Red Box and have a refund coming and that case flagged, but it really bummed me out the only copy left in the machine was stolen by some dickface.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm tempted by that Halo 5 deal, but it doesn't have local co-op anymore right? Probably not gonna get it then.

Top Bottom