• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Andy Griffith (1926-2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

judhudson

MV5BMjAxMzY5OTI4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTY4OTI2._V1._SX450_SY379_.jpg

Update: http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/SHERIFF__EMS_Called_To_Andy_Griffiths_Home_161201175.html

Former UNC President Bill Friday says Andy Griffith died this morning in Dare County. Friday, who is a close friend of the actor, confirmed that to WITN News.

MANTEO, N.C. (WAVY) - Emergency medical crews responded to the North Carolina home of beloved television star Andy Griffith Tuesday morning, according to Dare County Sheriff J.D. "Doug" Doughtie.

Griffith's home is located along Highway 64 in Roanoke Island.

Several WAVY News 10 viewers in the Dare County area said the call went out shortly after 7 a.m. Officials have not released the nature of that call.

Andy Griffith, 86, is well known for his starring role on the television hit named after him, "The Andy Griffith Show", which first aired in 1960. Griffith portrayed a small-town sheriff and the show was one of the most popular series in television history.

http://www.wdtn.com/dpps/entertainm...o-andy-griffiths-nc-home_4226631#.T_L2kvngcgc

My friend who has media contacts recieved a phone call and was notified of Andy's passing long before this article hit. The media has yet to update on his condition, but he was told Andy did indeed pass away. :(

Awww man, I use to watch the Andy Griffith show all the time during our work break. He shall be missed.

AlexMogil

My dad is going to be very sad. I just watched some Andy Griffith Show the other day. What a nice, peaceful wholesome tv show that was.

He seemed like everybody's buddy. :(

Vesmir

Banned
Damn, just remembering watching the Andy Griffith show coming home from school, as it was on right before FoxKids. Good memories. RIP

bjork

Last thing I saw him in was some country music video, and his character was kind of waiting to die while sitting on a bench. :(

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

Downhome

He is/was one of the greatest legends of film and television, not only for the Andy Griffith Show and Matlock, but also for his film roles like A Face in the Crowd and No Time For Sergeants and even recent roles in films such as Waitress. He may not have done too much work the last three years, but he will be sorely missed. He's one of my favorite celebrity personalities of all time and I continue to be a massive fan of The Andy Griffith Show. Having been born and raised in small town South Carolina, and continue to live in the area, the show hits home with me even though it was off the air before I was even born. The values and life lessons presented on that show are more than valid to this day. I love how kids can still get into the show. To me, it is universal.

Being pretty much from the South (Ohio Valley), I saw a lot of his tv show. It was basically the perfect American city. Everybody knew and liked everybody, and small business was vibrant and flourishing. So, the old timers loved to watch it. Me? I thought it was booooooooring.

RIP Andy

thefro

I'll wait for official word (nobody reporting anything outside of GAF that he's actually passed). Too bad if true, although he's had a good long life.

Aesius

WTF!!! I was just watching Andy Griffith last night and commented to my gf how it was amazing that he's still alive.

Yeah, well my friend who has infinty media contacts says otherwise.

Really hope this isn't true, will wait for an offical statement or TMZ to report it.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Damn that sucks. I used to watch a lot of episodes of the Andy Griffith Show with my dad or grandmother when I visited her. They love that show.

RIP Andy Griffith.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I wouldn't be surprised if we flew the state flag half mast. He's easily the most famous ambassador for NC, well maybe Michael Jordan, but he's a dickhole.

EDIT: My dad always loved his "They called it football" skit. Might explain why NC is known as a basketball state.

Damnnnn...used to watch his show all the time with my dad as a kid. In fact the whistle theme is the ringtone I have for my dad whenever he calls so I know it's him right away. =/

RIP buddy.

andy-griffith.gif

AAequal

Banned
RIP.

I only knew him as Matlock. Such legendary character and show, used to watch it with my folks when I was a kid. Angela Lansbury is the last murder mystery solver left since Peter Falk has passed too :(

edit. he was also in that awful Spy Hard movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom