• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to PC Early 2016. PS4 Holiday 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purest 78

Well, yea. I can accept the possibility of that.. but then I could accept such a possibility for numerous other studio/publisher combos that make games along the lines of Street Fighter without issue. You're stating it as a fact however, which is completely different. Hedging your bets with an offer that cushions development costs isn't the same as not being able or willing to develop the game otherwise. Sega will happily take up an offer from Nintendo for Sonic games... but in the absence of that offer, they'd likely make... Sonic games.

So if you're going to state that SFV would not have happened without being turned into an exclusive, I want you to provide evidence of that. If there isn't any, then simply stop stating it like a fact.

I'm Just going by the evidence we have at hand. Capcom having real financial problems and Ono literally said they didn't have money to make it.

David___

Banned
People aren't actually taking the words of Ono though.. Ono never said that Street Fighter V wouldn't happen. That's all being extrapolated from a tweet that basically just said that Street Fighter V wasn't already happening.

People aren't making up their minds from one tweet.

Capcom producer Tomoaki Ayano said in a VG247 interview that it will take the company until the year 2018 for Street Fighter V. "Game development is a long and arduous process. If you look at the history of the series, it took six years to go from Street Fighter II to Street Fighter III, and nine years to go from Street Fighter III to Street Fighter IV," he said.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-street-fighter-v-until-2018-capcom-producer/1100-6412556/

Also the fact that Capcom just doesnt want to fund AAA games by themselves at this point. So far the only thing they did themselves was Revelations 2 and the remasters of DmC, DMC4 and REmake so far this gen. DR3 was funded by MS, USFIV port to PS4 was done because of Sony's TPP, Deep Down/ Panta Rhei is being made with Sony Japan while DDO is the same deal as SF5. Add to the fact that remasters are going to be their "key business activities" and you can see why people find it possible that Sony did in fact kickstart the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom