• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

River City Tokyo Rumble (3DS) finally available on Amazon! But...

Regiruler

Is the gameplay actually good? I was interested when I saw it was a beat em up but the fact that it's an RPG made me lose some interest.

Regiruler

Have you not played Scott Pilgrim? It's a pretty good rip-off.

Scott pilgrim is a linear BMU to my knowledge.

I'm more concerned about the gameplay flow. If this is supposed to be an RPG that contrasts with how BMUs usually flow.

bronk

Banned
Never heard of this but if you look at my avatar, my love for Kunio is strong. Bought blindly.

Ugh at clickbait title

1313828.gif

Never heard of this but if you look at my avatar, my love for Kunio is strong. Bought blindly.

The idea was that it was gonna be digital only until folks complained. Natsume said they are doing a limited physical print through certain channels.

I'm a big Kunio/Renegade/RCR etc fan, too, as is my family (why we bought so many copies). However, it kinda pisses me off that they are using a semi-loophole so I can't save $25

EDIT - sorry: double post

bronk

Banned
The idea was that it was gonna be digital only until folks complained. Natsume said they are doing a limited physical print through certain channels.

I'm a big Kunio/Renegade/RCR etc fan, too, as is my family (why we bought so many copies). However, it kinda pisses me off that they are using a semi-loophole so I can't save $25

EDIT - sorry: double post
Yea that is kind of annoying. I have prime as well. The physical thing is great for me though as I try to get most of my games physical if I can.
Thank you very much for the heads up I appreciate it.

CamHostage

Out of stock.

Damn it! I even set a Calendar reminder to let me know to check the store tomorrow (the Amazon page is supposed to be up the 27th, though I don't remember the unlock time, maybe they meant East Coast?) I'm going to be ticked if this is already sold out, I've been wanting these River City games to come across for so, so long now...

Sakujou

Banned
i think i played the gba game back then but i didnt like it. will i be able to like this game? loved scott pilgrim, but thats another story...?

Dylan

Is the gameplay actually good? I was interested when I saw it was a beat em up but the fact that it's an RPG made me lose some interest.

Have you not played Scott Pilgrim? It's a pretty good rip-off.

^ posts that make me feel old.

River City Ransom is one of my favourite games of all time, and arguably one of the most fun co-op games ever made.

bronk

Banned
^ posts that make me feel old.

River City Ransom is one of my favourite games of all time, and arguably one of the most fun co-op games ever made.
Throwing my lil bro in holes and hitting him with trash cans led to many fights when I was young. Good times.

Dylan

Throwing my lil bro in holes and hitting him with trash cans led to many fights when I was young. Good times.

Me and my cousin played it all the way through dozens of times, he would always get Stone Hands and I would always get Dragon Feet. It was an unspoken agreement.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Seems like it originally went up about 8 or so hours ago.
I got really lucky seeing this thread. Don't know how I missed this news.

Aw fuck, I was able to click on the "Add to cart" button, but then it got stuck and just took me to my cart w/o anything added to it, now it's showing as unavailable :/

CamHostage

Wow its sold out? I must have been extremely lucky randomly catching this thread.

Barely even two and a half hours of availability, zero promotion, and they're all gone already. Was there something wrong with letting us preorder this so we could tell you how much quantity was appropriate?

(Apparently Amazon 3rd Party stores don't allow pre-orders, but still, not a great system.)

I even had this on my Amazon Wishlist, in the very short period that the order site was up, and the site never had a chance to email me about its availability. Just ridiculously fast.

I'll be holding back on buying digitally until I can be sure a boxed copy is impossible to get ... that's not a plus for Natsume's plan if others follow suit.

Barely even two and a half hours of availability, zero promotion, and they're all gone already. Was there something wrong with letting us preorder this so we could tell you how much quantity was appropriate?

(Apparently Amazon 3rd Party stores don't allow pre-orders, but still, not a great system.)

I even had this on my Amazon Wishlist, in the very short period that the order site was up, and the site never had a chance to email me about its availability. Just ridiculously fast.

I'll be holding back on buying digitally until I can be sure a boxed copy is impossible to get ... that's not a plus for Natsume's plan if others follow suit.

Play-Asia still has it, minus keychain. Can't imagine they will last though

Well don't I feel dumb. Saw thread and added the game to my wishlist not realizing it was a super limited thing when they were in stock.

dgco86

I regret not buying when the thread went up as well. I should've just shipped to someone in the US.

Same. Had to order from PA.

I hope there is some way to distinguish PA/VGP copies from the Amazon ones since I will probably need to get the keychain version from eBay.

Teknoman

Also, they have a coupon code "Censored" that knocks a few bucks off

Either im dumb or i cant figure out where to input coupon codes at PlayAsia anymore.

EDIT: lol wow its a little banner button you have to click, and that brings a drop down menu for store credit and coupons. Well I guess i'll still have that 10 bucks floating around.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Same. Had to order from PA.

I hope there is some way to distinguish PA/VGP copies from the Amazon ones since I will probably need to get the keychain version from eBay.

I don't think there's a difference aside from the Amazon ones coming with an external bonus.

dgco86

I don't think there's a difference aside from the Amazon ones coming with an external bonus.

I thought so too at first but the Amazon product description states that the keychain is in the case.

Limited Edition River City: Tokyo Rumble Kunio keychain. 2" height and 2" length, made from Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC). The keychain will be inside the game case.

Letep

Real bummer about the Amazon listing going live so early. Natsume had said over the last few weeks that the link would be active midday, which is what I was waiting for.

Cool about eBay.

Videogamesplus.ca has it in stock. Ordered a copy this morning.

Real bummer about the Amazon listing going live so early. Natsume had said over the last few weeks that the link would be active midday, which is what I was waiting for.

Cool about eBay.

Videogamesplus.ca has it in stock. Ordered a copy this morning.

Where are you getting updates from Natsume? I need to make sure this doesnt happen with Wild Guns o.o

Top Bottom