• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League cross-network play (PS4/Xbox) ready, only needs Sony approval

Wereroku

On Xbox you can tell who's on PC because they don't have a picture.

One question I have, is that PC is still cross-play with PS4, and the X1. How the hell does it separate between both and not have cross-over?

You only can communicate through quick chat.

"Nice Shot!"
"Thanks."

In matchmaking if it selects an XBO user then it sorts the others out. If it selects a PS4 it sorts the others out. So apparently it depends on which hits your party first.

bidguy

Banned
Having xbox players on my PS4 will probably be a hostile experience, no need too mix the two imo. And the PS4 doesnt need more players because the player base is still growing. And keep your insults for yourself.

so keeping the purity of ps4 intact got it

I play Rocket League on Xbox. A few months ago there was definitely a need to allow crossplay, at least between xbox and PC. The xbox pop was pretty low, only a few thousand for the popular play lists and a few hundred for stuff like snow day. It has gotten much better now that we can play against PC users. Crossplay between PC, PS4 and xbox would be fun but its not a need for xbox anymore. Sony really should ok this though, all we are really getting from it is a bigger matchmaking pool and the opportunity to sarcastic quick chat the other console users. What a save!.

It's not that it's neccesary or not. Wouldn't you want to have more options?

This is what I'm saying.

Leave all your opinions on why it's NOT need out of this. The best option is MORE OPTIONS.

It's best to have all 3 versions compatible with each other. That's the best case scenario PERIOD. There's no ifs ands or buts about it. If they can get cross play done, DO IT.

This is more than just rocket league. This is about setting precedence for future titles to allow cross platform play.

Synth

To be perfectly honest. I'm not fond of crossplay between different ecosystems if the population doesn't require it. I quite like the consistency of knowing that I can invite, friend, chat to, etc every person I'm playing with or against. It's one of the things that initially caused me to prefer playing on Xbox Live (even at a cost back in 2002), to the experience I was getting on PC games at the time.

I still think Sjefen is being ridiculous about all this though as he's happy with the experience of crossplatform play, but just doesn't want the Xbox group being added..

creatchee

PC players don't have a gamer pic or whatever. The only difference between PC and console players in terms of the cross platform experience is that PC players are more likely to type garbage into the chat because keyboards. Ps4/Xbox players would be no different from each other in that regard.

Ummm we most definitely have "gamer pics" on PC - the game uses our Steam profile picture, just like Xbox has their gamertag avatar and PlayStation has its whatever Sony calls your avatar. We don't see pictures not on our platform though - it just says PSYNET.

KingBroly

Banned
If/when this gets approved, it's going to open the floodgates for other games to do it as well.

- Indie Games with MP
- Fighting Games
- Racing Games
- Sports Games

The only genre that will probably stay console specific is Shooters

Top Bottom