• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rodea the Sky Soldier |OT| NiGHTS & Punishment~The last good Wii game is in captivity

flohen95

they would have needed two disc cases for europe, plus a slipcase or something for both of them, and then they'd have to be manufactured at different quantities. they probably saved a lot more than the cost of the disc case.

didn't know that wii u disc cases in europe were different though.

Yeah, I suppose so. What I meant is that they would have had to request a 2 disc EU style box with the manufacturer (Nintendo, I guess), since there's no precedent for that. Makes sense though that the more logical choice would have been to go with the 2 box solution (or with a US box, like they did in the end).

And yeah, Nintendo's boxes are almost always different in Europe compared to the rest of the world. The most common difference in all of them (DS, Wii, 3DS and Wii U, don't know about Gamecube) is the width, with EU boxes always being a bit wider than their US or JP counterparts. I always thought that it had something to do with being able to accomodate a full multilanguage manual (those spanned >100 pages in the early DS days), and I suppose that could still be that case, though full manuals (multilanguage even more so) have been rare on both 3DS and Wii U since the very beginning. I guess we'll see when the next system rolls around.

Ugh, October? Early October I think. I'll check it later, but if you ordered way earlier, you'll be able to tell already.

Yeah, I ordered way earlier, in late May. It's weird though, since they sell the game right now and claim they'll have it shipped to you by Monday if you order now. Surprising that they would say that if they haven't even fulfilled all preorders. You might wanna contact their customer service.

TheMoon

And yeah, Nintendo's boxes are almost always different in Europe compared to the rest of the world. The most common difference in all of them (DS, Wii, 3DS and Wii U, don't know about Gamecube) is the width, with EU boxes always being a bit wider than their US or JP counterparts. I always thought that it had something to do with being able to accomodate a full multilanguage manual (those spanned >100 pages in the early DS days), and I suppose that could still be that case, though full manuals (multilanguage even more so) have been rare on both 3DS and Wii U since the very beginning. I guess we'll see when the next system rolls around.

Manuals don't exist anymore essentially. At best you get a quick start guide. Wii and Wii U cases are the exact same size, just the handheld ones are different which really is only due to the old multilingual manuals. You see this in Australia, which belongs to the PAL region but uses the same slimmer cases as NA and Japan for DS and 3DS.

flohen95

Manuals don't exist anymore essentially. At best you get a quick start guide. Wii and Wii U cases are the exact same size, just the handheld ones are different which really is only due to the old multilingual manuals. You see this in Australia, which belongs to the PAL region but uses the same slimmer cases as NA and Japan for DS and 3DS.

Really? They definitely look just a tiny bit slimmer when I look at them standing in my collection next to the European cases. Guess my eyes might be playing tricks on me.
Makes it even weirder that we have different boxes if the size is the same.

TheMoon

Really? They definitely look just a tiny bit slimmer when I look at them standing in my collection next to the European cases. Guess my eyes might be playing tricks on me.
Makes it even weirder that we have different boxes if the size is the same.

Just lay them flat next to each other. Rodea is the only one I have so that's what I'm basing this off of. Manuals were already being phased out by the time the Wii U launched. Nintendo Land is basically the only Nintendo game with a noteworthy manual instead of a simple foldout quick start guide.

Got my copy today, not opened it yet and honestly may keep it back for Christmas just as a treat for myself since I have a big selection of games I'm playing already at the moment... Game seems very much like the kind of game I'd enjoy playing on Christmas anyway.

AniHawk

thought i'd wrap up my thoughts on the wii u version now that i've beaten it completely (well... not completely, but i've seen the credits at least - there are still more secrets and the like).

rodea the sky soldier for wii u is probably the worst-reviewed game i've ever legitimately enjoyed. it used to be stuff like sonic and the secret rings which i actually thought was more flawed but was able to forgive it for its experimental nature and sega trying something new. i think here kadokawa also tries something new, but mechanically it all tends to work out fairly well.

controlling rodea was an issue for me for about 10 minutes, and then i understood what i was supposed to be doing. i understood that the a button doesn't make you go any faster if you push it again (the b button eventually does that). i got that you can't actually move rodea in the sky with the control stick (something i think would have been a nightmare), and that generally the game is slower-paced and built more around exploration. this allows for bigger levels that tease you with more goodies and secrets perhaps just out of reach and encourages upgrading and replaying levels. more on that later.

but the controls never bothered me. it was easy to point to where i wanted to go and then select where i wanted to go. if i ever needed to change direction, i could just move the left stick and push 'a' again and hold 'b' to go faster. eventually, i got in the habit of pushing the a button and immediately following it up with the b button, which made chaining attacks and moving through the level a lot more fun. and instead of double-tapping the a button, i eventually used the y button's 'fast rise' move, which made it easier to survey the level and determine where i would fly next. running around on the ground, which is not encouraged for progression, isn't difficult, with the left stick controlling rodea and the a button allowing him to jump. the gunplay, if it can be called that, is the weakest part of the controls, with the gun and later the visor attached to the x button, which was never as important or useful as the dash boost, except against certain enemies. eventually though, i could play the game with ease and felt like i understood subtle movements to the stick to move the cursor were necessary. sometimes the camera could be wonky, but the right stick allowed for easy camera control at least, and the game gives you the option to center the camera behind rodea by swiping on the touch screen.

the level design was generally pretty solid and this is where the game actually shines. kadokawa obviously owes a lot to yuji naka here - even the first actual level is sort of classic game design in how it teaches the player how to move around obstacles, with strategically placed structures and no enemies to kill the player. objectives vary per level, but they don't seem out of place. it never gets to that point where it was like sonic lost world and it felt like i was playing several levels within the same level. there are some occasional problems with some levels - occasionally there will be one where wind pushes you around, which is frustrating and comes across as unfair. you might also have to complete a certain amount of enemies before proceeding in an area. this isn't hard to do, but i've never been a big fan of it. fortunately, these elements are kept to a minimum, and most of the objectives involve simply from getting from point a to point b, in classic platformer fashion. the game mixes up locales to keep things interesting, and introduce some new enemies. occasionally there will be more than one way to a certain destination, and depending on what you have equipped, you can try out the fast way or a longer more risky path.

the game mechanics revolve around being able to stay airborne. one of the neat things in this version of the game is that if it's a solid object, you can fly towards it. as stated before, the game teases you with far-off places. these house special enemies that reward the player with legacy medals or gear parts. there are 5 bronze, 3 silver, and 1 gold legacy medal in 23 of the game's 25 stages, and collecting them unlocks extra skins, new music, first-person mode, and other goodies. collecting gear parts upgrades rodea himself and the ion wave, a ship main female protagonist pilots (however these changes to the ion wave seem purely cosmetic and only affect the inside of the ion wave). upgrading rodea is extremely helpful. in normal gameplay, he has a flight meter and a health bar, as well as different equipment and moves. you can increase the damage he deals to enemies, how fast he moves through the sky, the rate of fire and amount of ammo his gun has, the amount he can lock onto at once with his visor, and more using these gear parts. this further helps in exploration by allowing rodea to get to those far-off places more easily than before. for those who enjoy speedrunning, it can also help with a better time at the end of a level, as each level tracks the stats and ranks your play time, amount of combos, graviton chains, and gravitons collected with a rating as low as a 'c' and as high as an 's'.

as aforementioned, rodea has a flight meter which determines how long he can stay in the air. this flight meter is refilled in a couple of ways. the easiest is to simply land on the ground. in fact, touching any sort of solid geometry that isn't an enemy will refill his flight meter. you can also collect gravitons. gravitons refill rodea's flight meter in air, encouraging the player to stay in the air as long as possible by finding the next chain forward, otherwise they will be forced to land, fall to the ground, or fall to their death (if they're not above the ground). collecting 50 gravitons allows rodea to enter a special attack mode that targets all enemies in a nearby area. collection 100 gravitons grants rodea an extra life. and no matter what, your graviton count is a reserve flight meter. once you run out of your standard one, they fuel rodea for an extra amount of time. if you have 200 of them, that's about 5 more seconds of flight time that you didn't have otherwise, giving you an extra boost to reach that next platform or kick off some landmass to refill your meter more fully.

it's a forgiving system in that jumping off a landmass doesn't mean instant death. falling into air is quickly corrected by finding something to fly towards, or pushing the y button to fast rise. there are also checkpoints spread out rather generously throughout the levels, and the game auto-saves after every level. the only way you would have to replay a level from scratch is if you had a game over or if you started it again yourself.

on the downside, i noticed a couple of glitches. the most annoying and prevalent one would be locking onto an enemy and holding 'b' to boost into them, but rodea would occasionally circle around them until his flight meter would run out. the visor attack was even worse. you can at least let go of the boost, but with the visor attack, you are locked into your target until rodea runs out of flight time and has to fall if he doesn't reach it. this is especially annoying when he can't quite reach the target and instead rolls around in circles around it. another weird glitch was late in the game where i was inexplicably sent back to a previous part of the level, and shot forward in a blue tube. when i would try to land, i would start back at the blue tube, entering into a neverending loop that made no sense. thankfully, this only occurred once in my several playthroughs of that level.

also, the presentation is lacking. this is pretty obvious from the fact that it's a 3ds game ported to the wii u. kadokawa tried correcting this by putting a sort of valkyria chronicles-esque filter on everything, but the colors are still pretty washed out. what the wii u version really needed was a saturation boost, as i think even the 3ds version looks more vibrant than the wii u version. the standout in the presentation department is the music, which is nothing terrific, but gets the job done and can be catchy at times. the story is pretty weird and clunky though, and i wasn't a fan of any cutscene in particular except for one that looked like it was drawn with crayon. this part makes the whole plot of the game worth it in how sudden and severe the switch is, coupled with perfect voice acting for the flighty sonia and the overdramatic rylus. consistently the best part of the story is the banter between ion and rodea though, which happens during gameplay and can be fun and charming, which harkens back to 2012's waking nightmare, kid icarus: uprising (where banter in-game was also a highlight). ion is the real star of the show, who is fun and goofy, but good at what she does and helpful as well. after some weird sonic the hedgehog games, i'm glad that there is no love story in this game whatsoever (or at least anything that isn't platonic).

in the end i really liked rodea the sky soldier for wii u. it's not an amazing game, but i enjoyed my time with it and then some, to the point where i was replaying levels after i'd beaten the game to level rodea up more, find more legacy pieces, and keep exploring what was out there.

Nice review man. Reading between the lines it's going to be one of those hidden cult gems that I think will be sought after in the years to come. Everything about it just screams classic SEGA to me which even SEGA themselves don't provide anymore. It's just so cool we're getting a Dreamcast game released this year (even if it is on another platform). It's a shame that most Wii U owners only seem to care about just a certain RPG released this part of the year and not the other cool games like this and Fatal Frame/Project Zero V.

I wonder how the Wii game will stack up for you.

zroid

Banned
I was going to trade in the Wii U version at Best Buy tomorrow without even playing it, but I decided to give it a try first after reading AniHawk's thoughts.

Amalthea

Banned
I kinda regret not getting the LE now that at least the Wii version exceeded my expectations. Maybe I should order the 3DS one...

Anyway, I found out that you can reach some really remote places in the game wich seem not to serve any purpose at all. In one level there is even a whole background island that is completely empty. But somehow exploring them intrigues me greatly. lol

zroid

Banned
not bad eh?

XUWvBwT.jpg

Wii cover is a photocopy

I'm finding the Wii version very strange. I think the point is to not hold on to everything you fly at, but I'm finding it difficult not to. It doesn't feel like there's much time to plan where to fly to next. Camera isn't great either. Wii version is so far a major disappointment.

epmode

I bought this after all. Playing the Wii version.

Once I realized that I can control the direction of the arc my character chooses, the game got a lot more enjoyable. I really love the flying mechanic and it's just a blast to play.

Best part: The consecutive coin boost. Unless I'm missing something, you can only get that boost if you approach a string of coins from the proper angle. If you hit it perpendicularly, for example, you'll fly right by. Adds a nice element of skill/positioning.

Stuff I'll bitch about, just because:

English voices are... Not great. I'll probably switch to Japanese just because it's harder for me to tell if it's lousy.

Camera control is tough. Maybe it's just my setup but the Wii pointer goes completely offscreen very easily so the area in which the camera moves fastest is very small. I could really use a button to snap the camera behind the player. If only the Wii had some kind of peripheral that had a button right next to an analog stick!

Technically, the game is kind of a mess. The framerate is erratic as hell. Makes me wish the Wii U version was a simple remaster with the same controls. A stable framerate and higher resolution would do wonders.

zroid

Banned
Well I took a crack at the Wii U version for about half an hour this morning. It's interesting, controls not as bad as I was led to believe, but still seems a bit cumbersome. Sometimes it can be really disorienting when you lose your trajectory.

I'll probably play a couple more stages today and then trade it in tomorrow. Best Buy's trade value is $30 which isn't too bad. Like getting the Wii version for $30.

edit: actually starting to enjoy the Wii U version quite a bit surprisingly!

Samemind

I started playing the game just a while ago (wii u version), played the prologue plus the first two levels. I think when I got to the area directly preceding the first boss battle is when everything started clicking with me. The freedom of flight is great and when you figure out how to quickly chain together a series of actions, it's exhilirating. If only there was just a few more movement options available, namely dashing backwards and stopping in mid-air to make slight adjustments. Like, other than when taking flight from a grounded jump.

Lijik

played through chapter 2 in the wii version and chapter 1 in the wii u version. I prefer the arcadey experience on the wii, but it was a lot of fun taking a more relaxed run through chapter 1 on the wii u version. The controls on wii u are a lot better than i expected too, though i wish the recoil was softer when rodea is attacking from the ground. Also didnt have too much of an issue with the wii u's flight limit but maybe thatll become an issue later on

i think im gonna stick with the wii version for now and then play through the wii u version afterwards. The wii version is like going on a ride at disneyland while the wii u version is like being able to freely explore every nook and cranny of that ride.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I put together a comparison video for the Wii U version versus the Wii version, if anyone in this thread doesn't have the game and is interested in that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZd5CGZJRdU
That's an awesome video! Great comparison.

It's a shame the Wii original wasn't at least triple buffered. Seems to bounce between 30 and 60fps, which is jarring. It still looks like a much better game, though.

AniHawk

Why is this game reviewing so poorly?

I'm huge Nights fan. One of my top games.

people are having a tough time adjusting to the controls of the wii u and 3ds version. i would concede there's a learning curve, but the reviews have been savage to the point where some don't make sense. i read one where one guy lamented the lives system was 'flawed to the max' because you restart at checkpoints within levels if you die, but if you lose all lives you get a game over and have to restart the level entirely. i've also read several that rest the blame on yuji naka and, despite me enjoying the wii u version, think it's unfair and bad form to do so. kind of a lack of research.

the wii version in particular has been the standout. it's also the one that hasn't been reviewed pretty much anywhere. the game is different on the system from its visuals to its controls and mechanics, level design, and game progression. the wii version realizes the nights x sonic feel of the game a lot more. i would say it's definitely closer to sonic than nights though (except with a lot more focus on the core concept than a lot of 3d sonic games).

zroid

Banned
Well in the end I'm glad I tried the Wii U version, I had some fun with it in the 90 mins or so I played. Still going to trade it in today since I can't justify keeping the lesser version when I can get $30 back for it.

i read one where one guy lamented the lives system was 'flawed to the max' because you restart at checkpoints within levels if you die, but if you lose all lives you get a game over and have to restart the level entirely.

:lol

I put together a comparison video for the Wii U version versus the Wii version, if anyone in this thread doesn't have the game and is interested in that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZd5CGZJRdU

great video. cheers, man.

TheMoon

Cool thanks. So, it's basically like a mix between NiGHTS and Sin and Punishment?

No, a mix between Nights and Sonic with some S&P sprinkled in. Has been discussed in various posts by AniHawk here.

Also, yyou cannot buy the game without the Wii version, like I said. They don't do multiple print runs of a niche in a single week.

No, a mix between Nights and Sonic with some S&P sprinkled in. Has been discussed in various posts by AniHawk here.

Also, yyou cannot buy the game without the Wii version, like I said. They don't do multiple print runs of a niche in a single week.

Cheers. Just catching up with the thread.

JimboJones

Played a bit of both versions, holy crap the Wii version is so much better lol. Although I was under the impression it used the nunchuck was surprised it only uses the Wiimote.

AniHawk

i'm at the final boss and still haven't beaten it but ah fuck it i'll talk about the wii version anyway (there aren't any changes except for a lack of checkpoints).

pointer controls are pretty much the one thing about the wii that i thought were obviously made games better. it kind of sucked when nintendo started to move away with that for gyro controls, but yuji naka at least stuck with it. rodea the sky soldier represents the last of his wii games, and it's a callback to the traditional games of his past. while fishing resort was more low-key and relaxing, ivy the kiwi? was kind of a niche 2d platformer, and let's tap was a weirdly experimental title, rodea the sky soldier is yuji naka returning to and celebrating his roots.

yuji naka's rodea the sky soldier feels to me like he took air nights, a game that was in development for the dreamcast that was a sequel to nights into dreams... and meant to be used with a motion controller, and simply finished it up under a different name. it's a surprisingly polished experience for such a small studio that manages to be entertaining to the end. as with the wii u version, the most immediately difficult thing to handle in this game is rodea himself. controlled only by the wii remote, rodea is made to walk using the d-pad or by pointing at the screen. flying is similar in that you point rodea at where you need to fly towards and then hold down the other button to zoom towards it (the game gives you the option to decide if you want either the 'a' or 'b' button to function as the flight or boost). in the wii version, there is no fast rise, no dodge, no fast dive, no standard jumping, and the camera is only controlled by moving the cursor to the right of the screen. the camera here is the most difficult thing to get used to, especially if you feel like heading backwards, but it is by no means a dealbreaker, and for the most part, the player will be moving forward. like sonic the hedgehog, there's a reward in patience and finding the right path. like the new sonic games, there's also serious speedrun potential. i was surprised to be beating my times in levels compared to the wii u version, but only accomplishing a 'b' rating at best when this was an 's' ranking there.

this simple adjustment of limiting the game down to just the wii remote and focusing intensely on making that mechanic work does wonders for the game's pacing. level design in the wii u version was changed (much to my surprise upon first playing the wii version) so that everything was more spread out and wider. this is probably due to that version's roots on the 3ds, which wouldn't be able to render everything as fast as the wii could. but there are other benefits outside of tighter levels. for one, i feel like the music complements the faster play style far better. i was actually really enjoying the soundtrack that was more just background noise on the slower 3ds and wii u games. the story also had more of an impact - not really the cutscenes and bust-ups, but the banter between ion and rodea. with the levels being generally shorter than the 3ds and wii u counterparts (and basically quicker to complete), the little story beats between ion and rodea that happens in-game felt more natural and fun.

in the wii version of rodea, there is no flight meter, upgrade system, or health bar. i have some mixed feelings about this. regarding the flight meter, you can essentially fly as long as you have locked onto a target. the danger here is if you are too far away from a target, you can fall into an abyss. on the other hand, i racked up about 30 lives and haven't seen a game over screen (which i saw in the wii u version plenty). death in this fashion was actually pretty rare. the upgrade system was a nice incentive to go after enemies, and unlocking secrets using medals was an even better incentive to collect those (as it stands, you do get something for collecting everything the game has to offer, but it's not as robust as the amount of things in the wii u and 3ds versions). i'm okay with the lack of a health bar though. the mario-style power ups that make rodea into a super saiyan and deal twice the damage are scattered around levels fairly generously and even reappear, something which was annoying in some places in the wii u version with its health system. for the most part, boss battles are more fast-pace and entertaining as a result of this too, with bosses lacking health bars as well (aside from one).

there are other, smaller changes. rodea no longer has moves permanently added to his inventory and can be chosen by the player. instead, these are powerups around each level that are usually a precursor to the challenge that lies ahead. it works, but i felt like the game was shifting into a new mode rather than giving me the freedom to decide how to take things down. then again, the game might have become even easier if i was simply visor-boosting through the game or shooting everything in sight down. some puzzles changed between versions too - including a pirhanna plant on some sort of elastic cord that shoots far out when you hit it. in the wii u version, this is done to activate buttons that are hidden behind an electric grid. in the wii version, it's done to create a platform far off in the distance. another part with an electric grid in the wii u version has floating blocks sliding back and forth in an electric grid, allowing the player a small window to jump through. in the wii version, the player has to create this window themselves by knocking the blocks into the grid.

gravitons are treated differently as well. while in the wii u version they have far more utility, in the wii version, they are mostly there for one-ups, and the ranking system. however there are also doors in which rodea can access in both the wii and wii u versions. in the wii u version, this door leads to a game of chance where rodea has to choose between one of three paths, one leading to nothing, another leading to a graviton chain, and a third leading to an enemy fight or a rare gear part. this replaces the wii version's graviton door, where you could only enter if you had the right amount of gravitons. these rooms would instead be 2d puzzles in which the exit was at the end of some sort of easy maze, but if you had the super saiyan power up, you could access a harder part of the maze that rewarded you with a coin. i greatly prefer this version, as each level has at least one, and encourages staying alive far better than the wii u version (in both you lose all the gravitons you had if you die).

the wii game also has multiplayer, and up to four players. i played this with a friend and i thought it was fun. it's basically the same idea as sonic 2's racing levels. there are five levels to unlock, the final one unlocking after completing chapter 20. you can also play as different characters (there are several robots you fight in-game and this allows you to play as them). these skins unlock automatically after defeating an enemy r-unit in the game's story, something that was changed to trading in medals for in the wii u version.

probably most surprising of all, but there was no weird wonkiness or glitches that happened throughout my playthrough. i expected a few hiccups, since it's a small team. instead it's a very smooth experience. this, with really no major flaws outside of probably the wind in a few levels (i didn't like this in the wii u version either, but sometimes wind will blow rodea one way or another and you have to fight against it), makes it a surprisingly solid game. there's really a ton that could have gone wrong with this project, so i was really happy that it got so much right. it might not really be 'the last wii game', but it's definitely a high note to go out on, mixing experimental with traditional in a way that few accomplished.

I started up the Wii U version today. Very obvious that the controls were designed to be played with a wiimote--using the analog feels so sluggish. Disappointed to learn pointer controls were unavailable in this version. It was a rough start, but now that I am more familiar with the controls, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Camera has a habit of tweaking out, and frame rate gets choppy from time to time. I hope that isn't a huge issue later on.

Going to go through this game at a leisurely pace with Off-TV play. I'll get around to the Wii version eventually. Looking forward to comparing the two.

MilkBeard

I'm finding the Wii version very strange. I think the point is to not hold on to everything you fly at, but I'm finding it difficult not to. It doesn't feel like there's much time to plan where to fly to next. Camera isn't great either. Wii version is so far a major disappointment.
The trick is to not hold on most of the time, but to use objects to 'bounce' you further in flight. So you will be constantly bouncing off if things while staying in the air. If you get the hang of this, the controls really start to make sense. You start to understand also that flight angle is important for good accuracy.
What you will find is that after you bounce, rodea floats slowly down, so there is time to find the next object. Ive literally never fallen to my death becauae there is ample time to get back on coarse.

MilkBeard

Why is this game reviewing so poorly?

I'm huge Nights fan. One of my top games.
Hilariously enough, i still remember EGM's review score for NiGHTS into Dreams on Saturn. It was a 7.5. I suppose that isnt terrible, but unique games tend to not review well if the reviewer doesnt have the interest or patience to understand it. NiGHTS is one of my most replayed games ever.
Because there is a learning curve for both versions, it was bound to be reviewed poorly. However, with Naka's addictive replay style game play intact, I can say that it is all about whether you are having fun. If you are, it will be fun to replay.

I have yet to try the WiiU version though, so we will see. Ive only played the Wii version.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Finally picked up my preorder once my $50 in gift cards came in from Swagbucks today. Already repurposed an old Wii box ...

tmp_20317_1447723933566_248917876.jpg

Velcro Fly

Got the 3DS LE

Played for about an hour

The camera was so janky sometimes I thought I was getting sick.

I landed in a corner a couple times and the way the camera rapidly moves around like it can't decide which way to face was awful.

The game itself to me isn't that great. I thought it was going to be something a little different. I really wanted to cancel but couldn't because I foolishly ordered this as a guest on the NISA webstore so I couldn't.

Not sure about trying to play the game again. The controls didn't feel too bad but getting stuck underneath things a few times was frustrating. Not moving fast enough and taking damage when you try to kill an enemy is also frustrating.

I'm just disappointed all around.

AniHawk

Not sure about trying to play the game again. The controls didn't feel too bad but getting stuck underneath things a few times was frustrating. Not moving fast enough and taking damage when you try to kill an enemy is also frustrating.

are you holding the b button after targeting using the a button? there should be four triangles pointing towards an enemy once you've targeted on, or a location in general. you can refill the flight meter by collecting gravitons or kicking off geometry. you can also adjust the camera by using the l and r buttons, and center it behind rodea by swiping down on the touch screen. unfortunately there are no right stick controls for the camera on the 3ds.

Shizuka

Where could I find that Cover Art? Really wanna do what you did and make my own physical Wii box for the game, it's special enough to where it needs it's own special box :D

I think he just made a copy of the reverse art cover that comes with the Wii U version.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so, amazon just informed me that my preordered copy didn't ship as expected and now they are foreseeing the game coming around December 17.
I wonder if mine will not be a first print edition, so I'll miss the Wii game, despite having preordered it before release.
Who should I blame? Amazon, Nisa...whatever...I'd just want to say f**k you to someone.

TheMoon

so, amazon just informed me that my preordered copy didn't ship as expected and now they are foreseeing the game coming around December 17.
I wonder if mine will not be a first print edition, so I'll miss the Wii game, despite having preordered it before release.
Who should I blame? Amazon, Nisa...whatever...I'd just want to say f**k you to someone.

order from a different country's amazon where they still have it in stock?

Shizuka

I want to like this game, but the controls are so unresponsive, the character flies so slow and the goals are so weird, it's just getting harder and harder. I'm sure the Wii version is a lot better, it's like they completely butchered the developer's vision for the 3DS/Wii U version.

Top Bottom