• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP - Batman Arkham Origins

This is the only Arkham game with a story worth a damn imo

It'd be even better if the Rocksteady trilogy didn't jam The Joker down your throat at every turn. The open world is a little rough, but I don't think it's much worse than City was. I still consider it the second best Arkham game after Asylum.

It's a shame so many people just blindly trash it because it's not the Rocksteady one

Sojgat

It's the best Arkham game quite handily.

- Best story
- Best Batman
- Best art design
- Best voice acting
- Best music
- Best combat
- Best enemy variety
- Best boss fights
- Best interior environments
- Best crime scenes (introduced rewind mechanic)
- Best challenge mode
- Best DLC

It's worth noting only 1/3 of the map was reused and none of the interior environments were recycled.

Knight was a huge disappointment after this game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The moment where
Alfred calls you to wish you a merry Christmas
is one of my absolute favourite touches in games. Such a nice little moment that really adds to the characters involved.

Origins might not have been quite as good as Asylum, City or Knight overall, thanks to the slight changes made to the combat. Its weird really because the combat is still good but at the same time, it feels slightly off compared to the Rocksteady games.

Origins is still a solid game though, with a decent story too. All 4 of the Batman games are really great tbh, Origins certainly isn't a bad game and doesn't deserve any real hate.

Fliesen

it wasn't anything groundbreaking, but i did enjoy it quite a lot

The fact that WB took quite a while (iirc) to have them fix the game breaking glitch (where you couldn't grapple out of a certain vent anymore) was kinda shitty.

i liked the christmas setting, the detective mode sequences were top notch and some of the villains were really compelling.

The
Joker & Harley
backstory is really neat, too.

Origins grows on me with each playthrough. Plus, it's the quintessential comfy winter game.

I'd play the fuck out of a sequel, that's for sure.

Too bad this game had to be "open world" solely to have it on the checklist, because the overworld is terribe. Eveything else is on par or better than certain Rocksteady games. It has the best character designs, the least terrible story, enhanced detective sections before Rocksteady followed in Knight, the best boss fights and the level design of the actual stages isn't behind other Arkham games. Unfortunately, it's too heavy on the ingame hints though. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but I think I had button commands displayed on screen until the very end.

Top Bottom