• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Ace Combat 7 to be announced at PSX2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
I played Ace Combat 1 and 2 [especially 2] a freaking lot with friends back in the day. Amazing game, but I never got around playing sequels.

Hopefully AC7 will be great, but I think I will only be attracted to it if it has PSVR support.

liquidtmd

Banned
* Sees title

giphy.gif

DieH@rd

Banned
Interesting that it was Xbox exclusive. Was there a reason why?

MS invested a lot of $$$ into making a genuine push on Japanese market. Exclusive RPGs, exclusive japan-made games, and taking few exclusives from playstation and making them multiplatform [FF13]. It quickly backfired.

This time, there is zero of that push. After year+ in the Japan, Xbone has still not sold more than X360 managed on Day1.

Zok310

Banned
Please, please, make it like Ace Combat 5 or Zero. Theres things the 3ds game made good, so you could also add that to the mix.
Strangereal, epic and fun story, great characters, varied missions, different paths...

That or a proper remake of Ace Combat 3.

After beating the 3 ps2 games some months ago, I have to say no. Ace Combat 4 is super bland and has very little variety in missions, and the story is a mess (all is short and badly explained, you dont even know who the fuck are you palying as until nearly the end of the game) and super low quality (the still screens were good for the time, not so good now). The meat and potatoes was 5. Is the pinnacle of the whole series.
And dont get me wrong, Ace Combat 4 is still good fun (and excellent for being the first ps2 installment that layed the road map for futre games), but you need to play it before 5.

4 was the highest rated/scoring AC ever, followed by 5 then 2.
If they want to get their base attention this gen they need to focus on what made 4-5 so good, recapture that goodness and sell that shit. Core fans of AC hated the 7th gen direction the series took.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Interesting that it was Xbox exclusive. Was there a reason why?

Ace Combat isnt the biggest series around but a known PlayStation centric series, that's where the fanbase has always been because that's the only line of platforms they came out on. Microsoft bought exclusivity of Ace Combat 6 likely for that reason, one of many series that were big PS brands that they tried to get some exclusivity from and to help get into the Japanese market, it was likely cheap too. The fanbase didn't really follow though, and the game just didn't do that well, which of course publishers being publishers meant gamers wanted something different which is how Assault Horizon happened.

Zok310

Banned
Ace Combat isnt the biggest series around but a known PlayStation centric series, that's where the fanbase has always been because that's the only line of platforms they came out on. Microsoft bought exclusivity of Ace Combat 6 likely for that reason, one of many series that were big PS brands that they tried to get some exclusivity from, it was likely cheap too. The fanbase didn't really follow though, and the game just didn't do that well, which of course publishers being publishers meant gamers wanted something different which is how Assault Horizon happened.

Pretty much this, they dug a hole and when the game flopped they deemed it nessecry to dig an even deeper hole.
Lotta good that did them they damn nearly killed the series. Let's see if PlayStation can resurrect this once great air combat series.

Meneses

Day one for me if it's a proper Ace Combat game.

Infinity was alright, but I stopped playing a long time ago when I got rid of my PS3. I was actually expecting it to come to the PS4, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it's a proper mainline game instead.

A 4/5/0 remaster would be great too.

Ace Combat isnt the biggest series around but a known PlayStation centric series, that's where the fanbase has always been because that's the only line of platforms they came out on. Microsoft bought exclusivity of Ace Combat 6 likely for that reason, one of many series that were big PS brands that they tried to get some exclusivity from and to help get into the Japanese market, it was likely cheap too. The fanbase didn't really follow though, and the game just didn't do that well, which of course publishers being publishers meant gamers wanted something different which is how Assault Horizon happened.

Thanks.... Microsoft... well done.

ED Cantu

Oh please, please be real, a proper Ace Combat set in strangereal with a good story like 5 or zero would be amazing.

I played infinity for some time but it will never be like a real AC game, so I'm really hoping this is true.

MrT-Tar

So, whether or not this is true, what is the best to get into this series? I've always known of this series, just never tried it.

I currently have access to my PS3, PSP, all Nintendo platforms, and a decent (but not great) PC.

desmax

So, whether or not this is true, what is the best to get into this series? I've always known of this series, just never tried it.

I currently have access to my PS3, PSP, all Nintendo platforms, and a decent (but not great) PC.

Might just try the Joint Assault games on PSP.

Go Shiina composed for those

Eolz

The 3DS game and Infinity (PS3). If your PC can do PS2 emulation, try Zero and 5.
You can easily skip some games really, it's not problematic on a story point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom