• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Did PS5 Physical Game Cases Get a Stealth Change From Blue to Black?

tillbot8

Banned
Why is this a deal for anyone? Even if it was electric pink or florescent yellow why would anyone care? Im not having a go would just like to know what is it that actually bothers you?

reptilex

Banned
Bland and crappy design. This is why I can't stand buying any game that doesn't have a steelbook.

Why is this a deal for anyone? Even if it was electric pink or florescent yellow why would anyone care? Im not having a go would just like to know what is it that actually bothers you?

Ok no style guy

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I'd actually prefer them to go back to the square PSOne cases but much slimmer, I mainly buy digital anyway but yeah I think they would be better. There are no manuals any more and there's no need to have them the size of a blu ray

Agree, transprent is clearly the winner on that colour scheme

first-ps3-game-case-shots-20061103110111559-001.jpg

Real reason is that colouring plastic costs money, easier to just keep producing the same boxes and cheaper. Why manufacture different boxes per generation.

These are still the best they've made. I want these back!

DavJay

Shame if it’s the same as ps4. Each generation should use different boxes. Even Xbox to 360 to one were all different even though they all use green.

Banned
PS2 games also had different colored cases, maybe they will let publishers decide?

PS2 games were black and dark blue at first, then later a lighter blue version, and there were a bunch of white cases, a bunch of transparent cases and some special colours like red, yellow and orange

Neutral color cases are so much more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Nothing worse than having boxart with a color pallette that doesn't match the blue cases and highlights. Also bring back the black discs from the ps1 era.

Top Bottom