• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: DMC 5 & SCVI to be announced at PSX

Jermare

Neo Member
The thought of Bandi Namco developing Prime 4 makes me want to vomit.
If this rumor is true, I doubt Nintendo is going to give the game to Namco to make. They'd probably just take a group of Namco's developers to co-develop the game like they did with Smash Bros. 4.

Namco has some of the most talented guys out there. I'm excited if true.

I could name drop developers like Naughty Dog or Platinum Games, and say they some of the most talented developers out there, and that would be true. That doesn't mean they'd make a good fit for Metroid Prime, and the same goes for Namco. They ARE a talented developer, but noting points to them being able to make a good Metroid Prime game other than wishful thinking.

Neff

I could name drop developers like Naughty Dog or Platinum Games, and say they some of the most talented developers out there, and that would be true. That doesn't mean they'd make a good fit for Metroid Prime, and the same goes for Namco. They ARE a talented developer, but noting points to them being able to make a good Metroid Prime game other than wishful thinking.

Would you have said Retro née Iguana was a good fit for Metroid prior to Prime?

There's really no such thing as a 'good fit' when it comes to teams and projects based on specific prior work. Developers switch gears all the time regarding genres and franchises, with fantastic results.

Namco possessing many experienced developers and having a strong, fruitful relationship with Nintendo is what makes them a good fit.

Meesh

Holy Fekkin snapple cakes!!! New SC... Sigh... beautiful, beautiful SC and on Switch too no less. Well I'm more than excite to pick it up!
Wouldn't bother me if they included some Nintendo in game bonuses and amiibo functionality either.

Would love to see DMC5, but just how tf do companies keep big projects under wrap? Wouldn't someone somehow see something at Capcom related to what they're currently working on sooner or later and leak it? I understand contracts and stuff, but still.
Good job companies that can keep the secret until the reveal

But ya'll already have her apprentice Natsu
raw

😒 Please do not compare our goddess demon slayer to that thing. Natsu will never be able to replace the perfection that is Taki.

Would you have said Retro née Iguana was a good fit for Metroid prior to Prime?

There's really no such thing as a 'good fit' when it comes to teams and projects based on specific prior work. Developers switch gears all the time regarding genres and franchises, with fantastic results.

Namco possessing many experienced developers and having a strong, fruitful relationship with Nintendo is what makes them a good fit.

After being whittled down from 250ish to around 40ish employees for the final Prime 1 team, I believe Pacini was the only one from Iguana (Acclaim Austin). I'm not really sure where the majority of the original Prime team was before making Prime. But the whole story behind the development of Prime is stuff of legend anyway. I'll play the hell out of Prime 4 regardless of who ends up developing it. I'd imagine Retro is at least there to lend tech/advice, which is comforting. But Namco is way, way down on my list of developers I would want touching Prime.

I'll only be hyped for DMC5 if it plays like DMC3 (Best in the series).

Nero was decent fun to play as in DMC4 but Dante was fucking awful, especially after spending over a thousand hours on DMC3. Like seriously, how do you fuck up the Stinger? I'll never forgive that. Ever.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
I'll only be hyped for DMC5 if it plays like DMC3 (Best in the series).

Nero was decent fun to play as in DMC4 but Dante was fucking awful, especially after spending over a thousand hours on DMC3. Like seriously, how do you fuck up the Stinger? I'll never forgive that. Ever.

what?

Dante in DMC 4 is widely considered the deepest combat system in gaming

Astral Dog

Maybe its FROM ;)

They have the qualifications , the B/Dark Souls 2 team

BlindMan94

Neo Member
They both would be really great announcements.
With DMC5 I hope for a sequel that can capture the atmosphere and charisma of the original which is still unmatched in the series while expanding on the great gameplay of DMC3. No backtracking bullshit like DMC4 and obviously no DMC2.
About Soul Calibur VI they need to go back to what made SC2 great because all the sequels felt a bit off to me. Introducing changes for the sake of changing is never a winning strategy, also don't be light on contents just because the focus nowadays is on online gameplay.

I quite enjoyed SC4, but SC5 took out a lot of its appeal, so I'm hoping that SC6 is an improvement.

Karsha

Tbh at the time I thought Nero was cool but he is totally forgettable...I don;t remember at all what he was supposed to be, some Dante clone or smth? The hand and his fuel powered sword were cool though

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Tbh at the time I thought Nero was cool but he is totally forgettable...I don;t remember at all what he was supposed to be, some Dante clone or smth? The hand and his fuel powered sword were cool though

It was never explained who he is but all signs point to something to do with Vergil.

Ocirus

The big issue was that Nero was meant to be fleshed out, and questions would be answered, in the next game. Obviously that didn't happen. We got the next best thing when they added the new playable characters in the recent DMC4 Special Edition. Essentially he's Vergil's son.

This guy is full of it please don't believe anything he says. Leakers don't get leaks from 4 seperate companies & release them all at once. Let alone post it on rKAPPA!

This guy is full of it please don't believe anything he says. Leakers don't get leaks from 4 seperate companies & release them all at once. Let alone post it on rKAPPA!

Well, He said that in a few days we would get the first few pics of the DLC characters in M vs C Infinite, and guess what? They've been released!!!!!!!!!!

Well, He said that in a few days we would get the first few pics of the DLC characters in M vs C Infinite, and guess what? They've been released!!!!!!!!!!

Are you joking? Here is another amazing prediction for you. Two more DBFZ characters will be revealed soon. We already knew we were going to see the rest of the MvCi DLC soon dude.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Can they move away from the story having something to do with Sparda let Dante move on from his father who he didn’t even like

Astral Dog

Vergil's bastard son
Can they move away from the story having something to do with Sparda let Dante move on from his father who he didn’t even like
Another Sparda game to clear things up and wash up that sad thing from DmC

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
to be honest, i don't know if i really like the idea of Nero being Vergil's son

Vergil was someone that hated humanity, hated his own humanity because he felt it made him weak and prevented him from protecting his mom

he would never sleep with a human woman

plus i kind of wish nero wasn't connected to Sparda blood, but was kind of just his own man

Big0Bear

Vergil was someone that hated humanity, hated his own humanity because he felt it made him weak and prevented him from protecting his mom

plus i kind of wish nero wasn't connected to Sparda blood, but was kind of just his own man

He wanted someone who reminded him of his mom. Don’t they say that’s what all men are subconsciously looking for

kingbean

I can't play Devil May Cry games anymore. I feel like I'm missing too many defensive tools. Maybe I'm misremebering it or I'm just too used to bayonetta.

I tried to play the re-release of dmc4 and it all just felt like I couldn't any of the cast to do what I wanted them to do. And this is from someone that beat DMC 1 & 3 on the hardest non Dante must die modes.

I hope the game comes out for people that want it and I'll just keep waiting for the next platinum action game.

Also Soul Calibur seems a great fit for switch. So does tekken for that matter.

Ocirus

I absolutely agree. I remember originally thinking Nero could've been a reincarnation of Vergil, or that somehow part of Vergil latched onto him.

Tekken 7 sold over 2 million... if they don't put SCVI on Xbox, they must have been really disappointed by whatever percentage of total sales the Xbox constituted.

I want to say that the outcry would be somewhat different, since MS has nailed image quality with X1X (automatic supersampling, etc), but of course it's easy to say it's too fledgling and niche. I wouldn't be happy, anyways, since I'd consider the best way to play it would be on the aforementioned system with dat geo-dpad of the Elite controller, or barring that, the latest Hori 6-button. I definitely won't ever be forking out for a PC that can run it. I guess I would eventually fall back on Switch since I hear the dpad issues with the Pro Controller may have been resolved.

AmyS

Ace Combat 7 is coming to Xbox, so if Soul Cal VI is being made, I'm sure it'll end up on Xbox as well.

Vuci

I don’t see these being announced outside of a keynote presentation, which I thought wasn’t going to be at PSX?

Mooreberg

Would definitely be interested in both. I never got around to SC V, but that could be the only other new 3D fighter this gen after Tekken 7.

Top Bottom