• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ex-Sony Bend dev talks about Syphon Filter, new game & a ditched Uncharted

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This makes me revalue a little the "evil" western Sony and the Naughty "Gods".
Sony should have allowed at least one of the other projects though :\

Can't say that I'm upset about a new PS4 IP in development over spinoffs that were destined to fail on a zombie platform.
Uncharted GA2 would have not affected UC4 at all, spinoff vs sequel, portable vs home, different developers, different budgets and so on.

Uncharted GA, launch game on a "zombie" platform, sold more than 1 million copies, an Uncharted GA2 without the costs of a new engine, with the reuse of many assets and a userbase that is a lot wider than the launch could be very profitable, it's a very stupid missed opportunity.

Zambatoh

If the ending to Logan's Shadow was meant to end the series, they did an awful job of it.
I've been waiting years for a follow up on that, or at least a post-mortem.

Fezan

People are forgetting that Bend also made the Best resistance game on psp. So sad to hear about the state of the studio

fritolay

Also, kind of like the complaints about Hollywood only making generic formula action hits because they make money, rather than take a risk on something different that might not make money.
Same thing exists in games, obviously.[/I]

Sounds like Sony Pictures, I wonder if they use the same Power Point presentations on audiences and advertising to find the most generic titles they think will sell.

Top Bottom