• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Far Cry 4 Xbox One runs at ~1400x1080

Don't know where you're getting DX11, but the official site says

http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/pc-systems-requirements-revealed

So 8800GT is a go. Also a few games have been listing quad core as a minimum, yet people with dual cores have been playing them. So you might want to check your facts, because your showing your ignorance.

Oh, and Shadow of Mordor and Evil within are also DX 11 only, so you can't boot those games either. It's not looking good for your 8800 GT

Sorry, it was Far Cry 4, my mistake, see edit.
Yeah my PC has DX11. It does say 1GB of VRam though, but I bet I can get it running on the 8800GT. Not that it really matters. Your cherry picking has reached the bottom of the barrel. If I solely relied on my 7 year old PC all I would have to do is upgrade, so the point is moot. No one wins in this game. You have PS3(as do I) that can run games at Sub HD lacking content from PC and new consoles that will completely lose meaningful support in the near future. If I took my 7yr old PC and upgraded it I could do it for the same cost as PS4 and still have my old library to play at higher settings than before. Also we are still talking about last gen where the subsidized PS3 was sold at a loss and was beyond PC hardware at the time. This has nothing to do with current PC hardware vs current consoles, because current consoles are already behind current PCs.

DX11 is an API not a hardware component you know that right?

Yeah my PC has DX11. It does say 1GB of VRam though, but I bet I can get it running on the 8800GT. Not that it really matters. Your cherry picking has reached the bottom of the barrel. If I solely relied on my 7 year old PC all I would have to do is upgrade, so the point is moot. No one wins in this game. You have PS3(as do I) that can run games at Sub HD lacking content from PC and new consoles that will completely lose meaningful support in the near future. If I took my 7yr old PC and upgraded it I could do it for the same cost as PS4 and still have my old library to play at higher settings than before. Also we are still talking about last gen where the subsidized PS3 was sold at a loss and was beyond PC hardware at the time. This has nothing to do with current PC hardware vs current consoles, because current consoles are already behind current PCs.

DX11 is an API not a hardware component you know that right?

Your PC has DX11, but your card is not DX 11 compatible. There's a difference. You know that right? Upgrading your 7 year old PC defeats the point. You have newer tech (2 years newer) than 360, but now you can't even boot games AAA games that I can buy and play on a 360/PS3 console. That's the point. Consoles are viable longer.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yehp. Unfortunately some people like to deride it as "1080pr" even though it has tangible technical benefits over regular scaling and no game dev has actually marketed any game running at such a resolution as 1080p.
This is not automatically better though. You get a lot more aliasing on vertical edges because of horizontal resolution being so much less. Regular 900p is more even handed, so you tend to 'forget' about it more easily while playing.

cheezcake

This is not automatically better though. You get a lot more aliasing on vertical edges because of horizontal resolution being so much less. Regular 900p is more even handed, so you tend to 'forget' about it more easily while playing.

Eh to be honest that's not really true, you're not going to just "forget" about aliasing because it occurs evenly across two dimensions. And the loss of information going from 1600>900 isn't going to introduce "a lot more aliasing", a bit more at most. And on top of that you get rid of ALL horizontal aliasing.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Eh to be honest that's not really true, you're not going to just "forget" about aliasing because it occurs evenly across two dimensions. And the loss of information going from 1600>900 isn't going to introduce "a lot more aliasing", a bit more at most. And on top of that you get rid of ALL horizontal aliasing.
You're not going to literally forget about it, but it's a lot easier to be reminded of it the harsher it occurs, which won't happen as often if it's being spread more evenly. In some of these horizontal upscale only games, the horizontal resolution is close to a 720p game, and the blurring is definitely still there, on top of aliasing. In real life examples, I don't think Ryse, BF4(PS4) or Sunset Overdrive are in any way objectively worse than H2A or COD:AW. It's only AC:U that's worse, but that's due to its blurry AA solution.

Conduit

Banned
"Due to the higher resolution, there are dips on the PS4 where as the XB1 holds a steady framerate (relevant posted video shows otherwise). To sum up we find that largely both version perform similarly."

This is qoute from Dragon Age Face Off?

Top Bottom