• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

DigitalOp

Banned
So you all will get your hopes super high for Crash....

And then watch them burn into mindless rage when there is no Crash...

Why not be pleasantly surprised ( or disappointed) rather than creating heavy anticipation which in turn will SET UP your inevitable disappointment

I didn't expect a good majority of the characters in the leak to ACTUALLY MAKE IT IN
Spike! Sir Daniel! Hell even DmC Dante

And because of that, Im super satisfied with the content, and now Im ready to buy the game launch day

And the best part is even though Im satisfied, I STILL KNOW there will be even more stuff for me to discover and it can only be a benefit now

I think some people should learn to be satisfied

Mik_Pad

Banned
Maybe the Bioshock stage gets flooded and turns into a JetMoto stage...even though Colombia is a floating city. XD

After having my expectations lowered a bit by the leak, I'd be pretty happy with Crash and Lightning being the last two big surprises.
Can you imagine how weird will be Big daddys super level 3 in columbia!

Boss Man

Haha yeah. But keep in mind that Paul keeps saying over and over again that he's trying to respect SuperBot's wishes for him to stay quiet. While he wants to excite the fans and draw attention to his blog, he can't really give more specific hints. I think he's just trying to have fun while showing some respect to the devs, which is a lot more than leak sources usually do.
Yeah and I mean that's fine, I guess I'm just saying that people looking at this 'obvious' relationship are probably way off, because his hints have taken a pretty different route so far. Personally, I wonder if it's even a character he's hinting at.

The only hint of his that I think anyone 'figured out' was the obvious Ratchet & Clank yellow and silver cars, which was probably never meant to be a tightly held secret. The rest of it is "Hey I wonder if maybe, if you think about, you think so?" type of stuff that, like I said, is really only useful in retrospect.

Definitely not, plenty of people guessed that the cars pointed to Cole and Ratchet because of the Charger, the fact that it was a barbecue restaurant (coals), the colours of the cars (yellow and silver like Ratchet & Clank) and Lambo/Lombax. People just didn't believe it because they were pretty vague without context.

They could be onto something with this Crash/Jetski thing, but we won't really know until all is revealed.

How are u so passive!?

It's Crash! It's SO OBVIOUS. Especially with the red and blue jet skis making orange! Come on man

And Spyro too

btkadams

The hints really have been useless so far. They only make sense in retrospect.

The jet ski is probably a reference to some kind of beach stage or something, and the red and black life jacket represents DINO.

I refuse to believe it's a reference to Crash because it's too good of a reference and I also don't want to bet let down.

the hints have been great. the "outdoor grill -> cole" and "lambo ->lombax" were the only hints that were a bit of stretch, but it's not like they were the only hints for cole and ratchet. yellow/silver cars for ratchet/clank and the charger for cole made perfect sense beforehand and weren't that hard to believe.

and just to deflect the incoming replies saying the lambo-lombax or outdoor grill hints were guessed by multiple people beforehand and therefore must have been easy/good....NO. people also guessed the charger was orange to reflect crash bandicoot and that the cars meant a gran turismo level. people guessed a lot of things that required less steps to make the connection. we still guessed the characters correctly from the other hints, so it doesn't make a difference.

anyways, i like the hints and hope we figure out the jetski one.

SykoTech

Dammit, GAF. Now I'm expecting Crash for sure. Had moderate expectations for him at first, but the hype train jetski is hard to ignore.

Boss Man

anyways, i like the hints and hope we figure out the jetski one.
Yeah, they're fun. I'm just saying they don't really offer anything useful/conclusive. If you got a room of gaffers who never looked at the hints, and a room of people who poured over the hints for a week, they'd probably all have the same potential rosters and neither side would be any closer to the real one. I think people expecting Crash any more than they were before because of that hint are going to be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Drencrom

jcrash-jetski-ride.jpg

Why are you doing this to me? Now I am expecting Crash to be in the game again lol

CRASH CONFIRMED!

btkadams

it seems like crash is the only reasonable guess for the jetski one. i can't view the site at work, but didn't gale state that the hint was not for a level? so, it has to be a character, right? i can't think of anything other than crash. that other crash jetski picture aside, there were jetski levels in the crash games (2 & 3, or maybe just 3, i forget).

Beth Cyra

Be thankful...that at least it won't be this absolutely amazing hunk of a character

Vaan.png

Look how PS all stars battle royale-ready he is

Vaan is a really good character that has great growth and development across his three games.

So while I prefer Lightning, she doesn't come close to half of the character that Vaan is.

Be thankful...that at least it won't be this absolutely amazing hunk of a character

Vaan.png

Lol, he kinda looks like the guy in your avatar, sans the suit and nostril-dwelling finger.

But you're right - Vaan would've been the absolute nadir. Nobody wants the Justin Beiber of video gaming in their all-star brawler.

Boss Man

oiled up boy-child
Hell, at least he's a legitimate PlayStation character since his main game was a PS2 exclusive. I'd take Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Zidane, Vivi, Meg Ryan, and yes even Vaan over Lightning. I'd even take those PlayStation characters over Fang, who is a thousand times cooler than Lightning, just because the game is PS All-Stars and this third party multiplatform 'coming soon' shit isn't making any sense.

B.O.O.M

Vaan is a really good character that has great growth and development across his three games.

So while I prefer Lightning, she doesn't come close to half of the character that Vaan is.
Well I guess even he has fans who like him as a character

Lol, he kinda looks like the guy in your avatar, sans the suit and nostril-dwelling finger.

But you're right - Vaan would've been the absolute nadir. Nobody wants the Justin Beiber of video gaming in their all-star brawler.

'sound of my avatar committing suicide' Hell naw man..my avatar is of one of the greatest fictional characters of all time! Gintoki from Gintama! The only thing similar is that they are both japanese (well from Japan at least).

Hell, at least he's a legitimate PlayStation character since his main game was a PS2 exclusive. I'd take Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Zidane, Vivi, Meg Ryan, and yes even Vaan over Lightning. I'd even take those PlayStation characters over Fang, who is a legitimately cool character, just because the game is PS All-Stars and this third party multiplatform shit isn't making any sense.

And you honestly believe if we get someone like vaan instead of lightning, the backlash wouldn't be huge? People will go nuts over it if it happens, not in a good way. With Lightning at least people will be meh (and some actually might like her). I personally don't mind Lightning, we could use a strong female character or two in addition to our beloved Fatty P. But I agree I would also like Seph or Cloud over any of them for certain. Heck I will take Zack over All of the above.

Vaan.png

While I can't stand his character design (full disclosure: or the game he comes from), he has one of the more interesting movesets in Dissidia.

Beth Cyra

Well I guess even he has fans who like him as a character

It isn't about liking him. It's about the writing and the fact that he actually has character growth beyond not being a bitch and accepting your sister's boyfriend.

Also, this is a stupid comment to make given Vaan has a decent fanbase in Japan and was heavily requested for Dissidia so saying something like this is pointless.

Boss Man

It isn't about liking him. It's about the writing and the fact that he actually has character growth beyond not being a bitch and accepting your sister's boyfriend.
Yeah but the way the CG makes her hair look in slow motion makes me feel like she's a really deep character.

B.O.O.M

While I can't stand his character design (full disclosure: or the game he comes from), he has one of the more interesting movesets in Dissidia.

Oh yes, in dissidia I enjoyed his combat as well.

Also, this is a stupid comment to make given Vaan has a decent fanbase in Japan and was heavily requested for Dissidia so saying something like this is pointless.

Well I disagree. I do not find him to be a likable character at all from all the final fantasy games in the history of gaming. But let's just leave it at that.

Outside of Japan he would have caused the game more harm than good as i see it. But again not like we would see what would have happened anyways. There is no way in hell he will be in the game

Beth Cyra

Yeah but the way the CG makes her hair look in slow motion makes me feel like she's a really deep character.

I can like shallow characters. Hell I like Lightning to a certain degree even if I'm sick of seeing her.

I even prefer her to Vaan but lets call a spade a spade they aren't even close when it comes to character building even when we factor in FF XIII-2.

B.O.O.M

How about...
Aya3.jpg

Oh yes. But from a gameplay point of view, can she bring something enjoyable to the game? what kind of gameplay style/move set can we expect from her?

And speaking of dissidia, Zidane would have been fantastic for this game, speaking 'strictly' from a gameplay point of view

B.O.O.M

Vaan has faans?! Wow, miracles never cease to happen. Next you'll tell me there's someone out there who actually likes Ninja Theory's Dant... oh wait, that's me. :(

Not a fan of his design still tbh (but they have improved it little by little since the reveal). But so far from the look of the game, the new DMC game will be > DMC4

People who are outright writing the game and the character off makes little sense to me.

Oh yes. But from a gameplay point of view, can she bring something enjoyable to the game? what kind of gameplay style/move set can we expect from her?

And speaking of dissidia, Zidane would have been fantastic for this game, speaking 'strictly' from a gameplay point of view

Oh yeah, with all her powers, guns and they could throw in the gunblade for her to use. Her lv3 would cause everyone to burst into flames. She would be awesome!

Gotta respect a woman who can strike that kind of pose without resting her foot on something.

She does it for you!

JoshHood

it seems like crash is the only reasonable guess for the jetski one. i can't view the site at work, but didn't gale state that the hint was not for a level? so, it has to be a character, right? i can't think of anything other than crash.

Actually, I thought Uncharted before Crash - maybe hinting at Elena who you only ever played with in that jetski segment in UC1. She'd unlikely be a playable character too, to go with that weird vague "not a stage" hint (surely it being a character would be too obvious?).

/overthinking

Loudninja

The “Ace Attorney, Ace Ventura, Ace Hardware, King Koopa, King Kong” stuff was about the Resistance stage.
And to think, you didn’t even have to use the extra hint added in, which was the picture above that included one Fran Mirabella III (Fran was suppose to stick out in your head and with Full House + Fran, you’d get San Francisco as a stage). Good job, abe and Death By ownage.
http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...nt-talk-what-is-liseks-great-advent/#comments

OK. Crash must be in the game, no way would Paul upload that, there is enough backlash as it is, and the PS3 forums is pretty convinced it's Crash, so I can't see him crushing our hopes twice.

And if Crash is in, then god, Spyro can't be too far.

k_Reign

OK. Crash must be in the game, no way would Paul upload that, there is enough backlash as it is, and the PS3 forums is pretty convinced it's Crash, so I can't see him crushing our hopes twice.

And if Crash is in, then god, Spyro can't be too far.

But then there's also the fact that TheMink said that we should not be expecting those characters. I still really doubt their inclusion...

Loudninja

But then there's also the fact that TheMink said that we should not be expecting those characters. I still really doubt their inclusion...
Not sure if he knows everything,so who knows?

I am not expecting crash at all though,please dont get your hopes up.

Top Bottom