• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Nintendo removed Tharja trophy from SSB to avoid a higher age rating

Duster

It wouldn't be the first time she was censored
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/fire-emblem-dlc-censored-in-north-america

I bring that up mostly so I can repost this.
usku.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
And did Nintendo have to send them specifically a gameplay showing them that trophy?
I mean, they could have showed them another one or just some random battle and thats that.
Its like they wanted the ESRB to tell them to remove it in order to get the desired rating.

Yes. They have to include anything that could affect the rating. They also included the Krystal, Candy Kong, and Barbara trophies in the video they sent.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm tired of the 3DS version compromising the Wii U version.

This should have been in the game, now that it's not it fucked over the Wii U version.

wmlk

I'm tired of the 3DS version compromising the Wii U version.

This should have been in the game, now that it's not it fucked over the Wii U version.

What makes you think that it would have been on the Wii U version?

Lunar15

Probably just decided to save it for the Wii U version so they could get creepy nerds to buy the game just to see her in HD.

qko

But we already know that the Wii U version will have trophies that aren't in the 3DS version.

Super Smash Bros for Wii U! Rated M

Tharja as playable character!
Birdo as playable character!
Zero Suit Samus Nude skin!
Shulk in G-String skin!
Ice Climbers stage where you club baby seals!!
Tomodachi Life Gay Marriage stage where two men have a baby too!

Well, that's unfortunate. I like Tharja.

When I got my Lissa trophy I was sure I'd see Tharja in there too. She's crazy popular. All of my friends chose her for romancing.

It's probably more accurate to say that all my friends allowed her to choose Robin for romancing and they went along with it. Crazy creepy Tharja. <3

Anyway, Brawl was T, this Smash is E10 for some reason, so I guess I understand if it's a ratings issue, but that doesn't make it any less stupid. The game should be rated T. It's not as if they'd lose sales. It's goddamned Smash.

Actually now that I unlocked plenty of Awakening trophies, I have zero doubt this rumor is true. It seems odd having Gaius of all people and not Tharja. ESRB is weird...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Actually now that I unlocked plenty of Awakening trophies, I have zero doubt this rumor is true. It seems odd having Gaius of all people and not Tharja. ESRB is weird...

You don't know?

Gaius is actually one of the most popular Awakening characters in Japan. In one of the big polls they did, Gaius was only behind Chrom and Lucina for #3.

Tharja was on the other hand, like 11. Inigo was also pretty high, and he's a Trophy here too. Of course there were like 3 official polls they did, but yeah, Gaius is beloved which is why he has a swimsuit scene too.

DeaviL

Banned
I'd have the figure if it wasn't so expensive, Tharja's great.
That said, i don't really care that the trophy isn't in.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hmm I wonder if they release the trophy as a DLC download will it bump up the rating then?
From the ESRB's site:

Downloadable content (DLC) that will be appended to a previously-rated product need only be submitted to ESRB for rating if its content exceeds that which is in the existing "core" product. Otherwise, the rating assigned to the core product is applicable to the DLC as well. Where, however, DLC content exceeds the rating assigned to the core product, it must be submitted to ESRB and a different rating may be assigned to the DLC.
It technically seems possible they could do that, but I can't think of a single game that has done that, save for maybe some descriptor stuff. But even then, it still keeps the same T or M rating. I can't imagine Nintendo would release some form of DLC that'd be considered a different/higher ESRB rating compared to the main game.

Arkam

Was there a trophy of similar statuts Inbrawl?
Refuse to believe snake cause a T rating.

IDK the answer, but that does make sense to me.
Snake is a character from a Mature rated game.
We tried putting a character from one of our Mature IPs in as an unlockable character, but pulled it due to the required bump in ESRB ratting.

EDIT: Sigh, nevermind.

Earlier you made a controversial argument that most of us dismissed as not being the same. Then I looked the posts tagged as Shulk in Tumblr... My fucking god...

In society at large... may not bet the same equivalent but... I owe you a apology.

I'm not even joking, What the hell tumblr?

Top Bottom