• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Nintendo will have a surprise game at APEX 2015

Kouichi

Yeah Splatoon seems reasonable. Mewtwo is possible as well. Pokken would be fantastic, but it's probably too early to show.

It's almost certainly Pokken, but it'd be a great marketing opportunity for Splatoon too. Dunno about the latter's competitive play viability, though, especially with the fighter crowd.

syncyes

Hungrybox also made a seemingly-random comment about fried squid during his post-tournament interview, so it's probably Splatoon.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That makes as much sense as having Pokemon Red on the 3ds VC
oh wait

It's funny that you actually thought I'm being serious about it.

Edited: To be honest, I wouldn't expect anything good with Nintendo since it's very rare that Nintendo actually announce something good at American events. Do anyone remember Comic Con and other events? People overhyped the event and we ended up getting Mysterious Murasama Castle and NES Remix Dual Pack.

Well, more Pokken info is coming this week, so possible by next month they might be wanting to show it off in the West, but my money's on Splatoon or SmashU Mewtwo.

Unless Nintendo would seriously bring Pokken arcade machines just for APEX, it's likely a new playable Splatoon build, a release date on the Tourney update and a trailer for Mewtwo.

POKKEN would not even make my list NAMCO are the ones pushing POKKEN for their arcades no talk of WiiU port yet

Nintendo is the sponsor we are talking about and Splatoon is a solid fit

Tenki

I'd say Pokken too. Splatoon wouldn't be a surprise, since people have already played it a thousand times.

Beats

Going by Hbox's fried squid comment during his interview with D1 at Paragon after the tournament, it's most likely Splatoon.

Revven

It's most likely Splatoon but this would also be a good place to announce when that Miiverse stage patch is coming, like come on where the hell are those things (photo/replay/stage sharing, tournament mode, tourneys, etc) they announced way back in the Smash Direct? They aren't seriously going to make people wait until the Mewtwo DLC are they? :/

It should be a patch to hold people over until Mewtwo...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Stop saying Melee HD might be a thing. I'd pay insane amounts of money for a Melee with a functional online mode.

"Coming years"

1. DLC for Nintendo game
2. Nintendo console tease
3. Nintendo making APEX their thing or bringing back something like space world.

That's what I think if related to Nintendo, of course .

HardRojo

We'll know more about Pokkén later this week so they probably already have playable builds. I'm gonna say it's Pokkén. Splatoon isn't far off but Pokkén fits the theme of the event.

Top Bottom