• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks [SPOILERS]

Aloha forms only be gen 1 sucks ass. I hope they don't abandon this idea in another gen.
X/Y introduced 28 Megas and ORAS introduced an additional 20 Megas. I suspect that with either a remake or a "3rd version" in Gen 7 we will likely get more regional forms and possibly more megas.

Razmos

Why want more when you've already got the coolest!

250px-186Politoed.png
This guy gets it.

Anyway I hope that leak is real just for the Alolan Digglet, will the mystery finally be solved?

Would be hilarious if Diglett was just upside down so only it's bottom half is showing.

Yeah; gonna be massively disappointed if this ends up being true. There's just NO good reason (like, at all) to have a small number of new Pokémon. It's very apparent that's one of the missteps Gen VI made, so I would hope they managed to at least hit 100.

~120 with Alolan forms included is a sweet spot, imo.

Lol what? I don't think anyone complained. Gen 6's missteps weren't with the pokemon, they were with everything else that took a hit for the sake of going 3d

brinstar

Lol what? I don't think anyone complained. Gen 6's missteps weren't with the pokemon, they were with everything else that took a hit for the sake of going 3d

??? Low Pokemon count was like the biggest grievance with X/Y as soon as it dropped. 85 + 20 Alolans is better but it still is a bummer that they feel that they can't consistently hit 100 minimum anymore...

Kyzer

Banned
I think since alolans have been so well received they could easily do DPPt remakes with Primal Arceus and Sinnohan Johto mons

I also agree with the idea that they're slowing down and finding other ways to have variation on the way to 1000

??? Low Pokemon count was like the biggest grievance with X/Y as soon as it dropped. 85 + 20 Alolans is better but it still is a bummer that they feel that they can't consistently hit 100 minimum anymore...

The embarrassingly easy difficulty, inability to properly handle 3D with slowdown, the poor looking overworld and fixed camera angle 3D, massive regression on the progress Gen 5 made story-wise (including Flare being, by far, the worst team), and lack of post-game content were much bigger complaints from what I saw and personally felt

Kyzer

Banned
The embarrassingly easy difficulty, inability to properly handle 3D with slowdown, the poor looking overworld and fixed camera angle 3D, massive regression on the progress Gen 5 made story-wise (including Flare being, by far, the worst team), and lack of post-game content were much bigger complaints from what I saw and personally felt

I think you're right too, but yeah low Pokemon count is right up there with story and post game as top complaints

brinstar

I mean I agree with all of those too, but the first big shock when X/Y leaked was how there was barely any more Pokemon to discover past what they revealed prerelease. I think people have made their peace with it now, though, at least compared to the rest of X/Y's weak spots.

~85 new and 20 Alolan forms sound like more than enough, I don't think there needs to be some arbitrary reason to hit over 100 new every single time.

nah but the fun in these games for me is to find and collect new pokemon. if you only have a small amount, i won't enjoy it as much. X/Y were a massive dissapointment because there were only 72 new pokemon and with 6 starters that become unavailable, version exclusives, legendaries, endgame/postgame pokemon you only saw like 40 new pokemon for most of a regular playthrough. That's just not enough.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well there's some dude claiming to be getting the game soon but who knows...

I think after the PokeDex leaks recently a lot of folks are "mad" and want to see if there's a decent amount of post-game or post-Regional New Pokemon before they buy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why is /vp/ so fucking dedicated to pirating this game weeks before it comes out?
because it's not the game they wanted, so now they're going to stick it to Game Freak by pirating the game.

while I think the board quality has gone down especially in 2014 (I blame /pol/), it's just a few particular shitposters. That's like seeing one terrible GAF thread about lobbying amiibos and then claiming "Why does NeoGAF so dedicated in lobbying amiibos?"

Top Bottom