• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: L.A Noire Remaster Coming to Nintendo Switch says Rockstar Leaker (Twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggy Loop

What a weird choice for remastering.

rdDQaR8.gif

Did the developers find a new facial capture technology that they wanted to showcase?

Thanks for updating the OP with my post :)

Looks like it's coming to Xbox One and PS4 as well, makes more sense than just a random Switch port.

Of all the rockstar games this is probably the less popular.

By what metric? It reviewed more than favourably and sold damn well for a new IP too. Last I heard, it sold over 5 million copies, and that figure was from a few years ago. It certainly performed better than Max Payne 3 (no hate, I love that game too).

Thanks for updating the OP with my post :)

Looks like it's coming to Xbox One and PS4 as well, makes more sense than just a random Switch port.

Still seems like a weird port. The game had its fans but it didn't exactly set the world on fire. Really don't see this selling well at all.

By what metric? It reviewed more than favourably and sold damn well for a new IP too. Last I heard, it sold over 5 million copies, and that figure was from a few years ago. It certainly performed better than Max Payne 3 (no hate, I love that game too).

it was the best selling New IP of 2011 according to NPD.

LA Noire nailed everything (the graphics, the sound, the atmosphere, the aesthetic) BUT the core game mechanic. The entire interrogation aspect which should have been the thing to tie it all together and set it apart was frustrating and broken. What a wasted opportunity.

Turkoop

Banned
Rockstar Boss: Hey, we need some ideas for new games
R* Devs: But first, we should develop Agent.
R* Boss: No, I heard the Switch is coming, why not a Remaster.
R* Devs: But, some People >>>Turkoop<<< want Age-
R* Boss: Shut up.

dickroach

I liked LA Noir, but this is a dumb

GTAV would make sense. they could get away with selling it for $60 on Switch, and apparently the system is really easy to port to

notaskwid

Switch cards come in capacities larger than a dual-layer Blu-Ray disc, so that wouldn't strictly be necessary.
Not if they want to sell them one in one card. Not to mention the cost of said big cards.
Besides, any smart publisher will try to keep filesizes small on the switch, not only due to the cost of printing said discs, but due to the console only having 32gb on board memory... (I know it can be expanded, but the cost per megabyte is much higher compared to harddrives).

Kiru

Watch it be an actual remaster on PS4 & Xbox while Switch gets a straight port from the old consoles, lol.

the more the merrier 3rd party support for the switch, however i feel like mature rated games are doomed to fail. if i remember my history correctly, mature games have just never performed well on nintendo platforms, like at all,.

it was the best selling New IP of 2011 according to NPD.

That's great and all, but did the game have any sort of long term major fan investment? You don't see any sort of community around it anywhere. It came, people liked it well enough, and it went.

That said I imagine it will be incredibly cheap to do so they likely only need to sell a very small amount for it to be any sort of worth it.

I'm...honestly amazed if this is LA Noire and not RDR. With the latter being twice as popular and having an actual sequel coming out soon and all.

NSESN

Not if they want to sell them one in one card. Not to mention the cost of said big cards.
Besides, any smart publisher will try to keep filesizes small on the switch, not only due to the cost of printing said discs, but due to the console only having 32gb on board memory... (I know it can be expanded, but the cost per megabyte is much higher compared to harddrives).

Switch games don't need to be installed tho, so it isn't a problem

I'm...honestly amazed if this is LA Noire and not RDR. With the latter being twice as popular and having an actual sequel coming out soon and all.
If you Google it apparently the code is a broken mess and probably wouldn't be worth the cost of rebuilding it pretty much. If it were to have an HD Remaster or remake it would've happened already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom