• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russian Head Transplant Doctor Looks Identical to Doctor in MGSV - KOJIMA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe all the Konami and Kojima being fired is part of the plan too!!
As much as I want this to be true, Konami is a publicly traded company and you can't mess with the shareholders like this. :/

Maybe there's some loophole in JPN legal system that can allow this type of massive fiddle playing? #TeamThisIsHappening

Stahp! :p

Full quote: "Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."

He lost a leg and an arm. That's the body he lost.

The title page in Canavero's book is a quote from Shakespeare's The Tempest, "What's past is prologue". "The quotation ... is commonly used by the military when discussing the similarities between war throughout history."

EyV9IKc.png

Fudo Myo

Can't believe so many ppl here are thinking this doctor and procedure are real, read the articles... Clearly bullshit. Firstly, decapitating a healthy body (regardless of the brain being dead) would be murder in any country I'm aware of, secondly when do doctors skip straight to human trials? Thirdly, ITS A FUCKING HEAD TRANSPLANT!
Got to admire Kojimas effort on this one though, it's impressive.

LOL. This is my sentiment exactly. Fucking brilliant marketing though.

Dawg

Dawg dont take the bait.

Myself and the majority of MGS-GAF have been through too much. We've seen too much. We've been let down numerous times. Conspiracy threads have been made. And debunked. A chicken hat consumed us. A crazy cat defied Bish himself and made multiple accounts to evade being permanently banned. I let a madman trick me into thinking the release date would be june, resulting in a one month ban. People requested bans because the fiddle was too strong.

Who knows... I might have been there with you guys defending this if not for all of the above. Too much has happened. All that is left inside of me is cynicism. Believe, I cannot longer.

Soulflarz

Banned
Myself and the majority of MGS-GAF have been through too much. We've seen too much. We've been let down numerous times. Conspiracy threads have been made. And debunked. A chicken hat consumed us. A crazy cat defied Bish himself and made multiple accounts to evade being permanently banned. I let a madman trick me into thinking the release date would be june, resulting in a one month ban. People requested bans because the fiddle was too strong.

Who knows... I might have been there with you guys defending this if not for all of the above. Too much has happened. All that is left inside of me is cynicism. Believe, I cannot longer.

You sound like you need a hug
*hugs*

Dawg

I know this thread is super dumb and you're on the cynical side regarding this, but it culminating to stuff like this was worth it:

(I guess MGS-GAF = posters of the community threads?)

Oh yeah, that part was definitely great. I'll never get tired of fiddle references. And I guess you're right about the latter. The community thread is where most of MGS-GAF posts. We're actually not that crazy. Heck, we're pretty open towards newcomers and people with questions. Then again, I'm obviously biased. It's my favourite community out there, even if the most insane stuff has happened the past few months.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
In the very first trailer for The Phantom Pain link
At about 28 seconds in, you can clearly hear Kiefer Sutherland saying "On your feet soldier, this whole place is coming down."
Why is Kiefer voicing Ishmael there, but voicing Snake in all the other MGSV content? Could some sort of transplant take place?

Soulflarz

Banned
Oh yeah, that part was definitely great. I'll never get tired of fiddle references. And I guess you're right about the latter. The community thread is where most of MGS-GAF posts. We're actually not that crazy. Heck, we're pretty open towards newcomers and people with questions. Then again, I'm obviously biased. It's my favourite community out there, even if the most insane stuff has happened the past few months.

I dont believe you >.>

At about 28 seconds in, you can clearly hear Kiefer Sutherland saying "On your feet soldier, this whole place is coming down."
Why is Kiefer voicing Ishmael there, but voicing Snake in all the other MGSV content? Could some sort of transplant take place?

Theres been a lot of theories out there for what was going on there but

This makes sense?
?_?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I'm so let down that this isn't happening. Would have been amazing.

*walks away sad*

Loakum

Banned

Sorry you had such a rough ride. Me, I love this type of stuff! It's harmless fun. Yes some of the theories are "out there", but so is proven story arch in the MGS storyline. Kojima obvious loves this type of stuff as well. That's why we had the whole Moby Dick Studios thingy. I know as far as myself go, I'll probably have a couple of more theories, from now and Sept 1st. Not because I'm crazy, I'm just having fun.

MGS-GAF scares me.

Boo

dc89

The thread has gone to insanity, but it's going even deeper.

- Kaz says 'the body I've lost' not Big Boss
- why are the nurses holding his head in a particular position? Because he's just been fucked up to the point he goes into cardiac arrest. He could have suffered a broken neck for all we know.

Well that could be a reason for no Hayter.

If this is true then this is taking ARG's to a level few have ever gone to.

HeelPower

Sergio Canavero's TEDTalk is comical to watch.He really does sound like some villainous witch Doctor.

But TED is supposed to be serious and its speakers authentic,right ?The dude seems like he's spewing BS pseudoscience at best.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well that could be a reason for no Hayter.

If this is true then this taking ARG's to a level few have ever gone to.

Well, Troy Baker DID say that theres a reason hayters not in!

Sergio Canavero's TEDTalk is comical to watch.He really does sound like some villainous witch Doctor.

But TED is supposed to be serious and its speakers authentic,right ?The dude seems like he's spewing BS pseudoscience at best.

These arent the big Ted talks. These are independent ones.

Mendrox

Too many coincidenes... that TED logo and everything else gives everything away. I mean guys.. nobody questioned if it is even legal to transplate a friggn head? I guess Konami plays a part too... this gotta be the biggest marketing trick in history so that even casuals will hear about this and want to play this game if they see all these awesome trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom