• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroRVD

Can't wait for an Art Academy thread dedicated to Iwata.

I've been crying all day... I'm glad to see there are more gaffers with a noble heart.

GC|Simon

I jsut read throught the OP, couldn't do this at work and fuck. Tears all over my face. I'm a grown up man but reading through the OP... this wold lost a great man.

It's a shame that his last official twitter post was him saying sorry the the E3 presentation.

thenexus6

Very fitting song.

My new wallpaper, thanks to poster a few pages back for image.

cZ5xK0C.png

mf luder

I'm definitely going to name my super Mario maker swimming level after him, now I know he had a hand in creating the physics for them.

An amiibo would be a really weird way to pay tribute to Mr. Iwata, I think. I'm surprised to see demand for it. I would love to see a statue at Nintendo's amusement park sector if space allows, though.

An Amiibo of is Mii would probably be the best way to do it.

Also, way to go OP. It's wonderful. First time I've seen it since yesterday.

I'm still shocked by this news. It hasn't even begun settling in.

Like, there won't be anymore Nintendo Directs or E3s with him. We won't see him unveil NX, or the Nintendo DeNA partnership games, or QOL.

None of it. He's just gone

ASIS

Trying to reply without sounding like a Dick, and not in any way wanting to sound like a Dick, so going to say the man is directly responsible for a child sized me for being truly happy for so many years and despite years of criticism I think people want to feel that way again. Reminds me of...

da0508e03be932b9646558d37c62bc8df6968292d33c11edc67eeeef537d1e49.jpg

I don't know if that makes sense...

Sorry I don't understand, could you please rephrase your post?

Walpurgis

Banned
I've never seen this before but wow.

Hiroshi Yamauchi’s Final Words to Satoru Iwata: Commit Suicide If the Wii U Fails (October 2013)
“He was a great man until the very end,” recalled Iwata in an interview with Famitsu magazine, “He always thought of the big picture and the greater good above all else. I think this is why he told me to kill myself if the Wii U failed. He believed that if everyone at Nintendo suffered because of my actions, then I don’t deserve to live as I have created lifetimes of suffering that I can not possibly be forgiven for without taking my own life.”
“Yamauchi-san told me privately that he believed playing the Wii U took off hundreds of hours from his life,” continued Iwata, “He did not actually touch the Wii U as he could not bring himself to do it, but he had someone else play it for him. The look on that person’s face told him everything he needed to know and that I had done something completely wrong with the console. It was not enough that he personally told me this as he was dying, he had his family tell me this and blame me for essentially killing him. I did not sleep that night.”
“He said that he would not be able to live long enough to see the PlayStation 4 come out which is the only good thing that death will bring,” revealed Iwata, “On a more positive note, he also told me that with his death, no one else remains in the video game industry who could possibly bring it back after it inevitably crashes in a few years. It was quite possibly the happiest I had ever seen him in my entire life.”
Yamauchi is an evil person. I can't believe that Iwata had to deal this monster on top of his illness. I think this guy really stressed Iwata out since Iwata probably looked up to him.
In honor of Yamauchi’s final words, Iwata has repeatedly stressed in later interviews that he will kill himself in a Nintendo Direct if the Wii U fails.
LOL. Iwata taking it like a champ.

RIP

Mdk7

I'm still shocked by this news. It hasn't even begun settling in.

Like, there won't be anymore Nintendo Directs or E3s with him. We won't see him unveil NX, or the Nintendo DeNA partnership games, or QOL.

None of it. He's just gone
Yeah that is insane. Insane.

Normally in a thread involving cancer, I look the other way. Bury my head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist, for my own sanity. My cancer was diagnosed early, and I recovered with few complications. Still, the thought of it coming back, the thought of the doctors not being able to find it again in time ... it keeps me up at night.

But I can't ignore this thread. Iwata gave so much of himself to make others happy, and put on a brave face even near the end. We could all learn a thing or two about humanity from this man.

RIP

Dimmle

I realize different people have different responses to grief but merchandising the man's death seems slightly perverse. Let's just continue to appreciate his works and celebrate his life.

Mitsurux

RIP the industry has suffered a great loss

Tonight I will be introducing my Daughter and Nephews to Balloon Fight, and tell the tales of the man responsible for that game as well as a lot of others they have played.

devonodev

Man, fuck you cancer! FUCK YOU! I've seen so many people go through this horrendous transition because of you, Patrick Swayze, Dennis Hopper, Steve Jobs, and now Iwata.

This picture did it for me, I just couldn't hold in the tears anymore man, fuck, it's always the good ones that go soon...

siPZFmc.jpg
Wow terrible, can anyone tell me how old each photo is? What's the age difference.

JoeInky

Don't know if it's been posted but SmashBoards changed it's banner.

1956ff0755.jpg

Pretty fitting considering the work he put in for Melee to be released on time.

The world has lost one of the greatest minds....

This morning i was in my car on the way to work....when i heard in the radio the news about the death of Mr. Iwata

Jesus Christ all day long i kept saying to myself that it was some kind of prank or joke.....

:(

RIP, Mr. Iwata

Mr Swine

Banned
Man, fuck you cancer! FUCK YOU! I've seen so many people go through this horrendous transition because of you, Patrick Swayze, Dennis Hopper, Steve Jobs, and now Iwata.

This picture did it for me, I just couldn't hold in the tears anymore man, fuck, it's always the good ones that go soon...

siPZFmc.jpg

Good grief, when was the second picture taken? So sad to see that photo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom