• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enforcer

He was one of the significant gaming figures in my mind. 55 years old is way too young to go. :(

It doesn't even feel real... This is awful. My condolences to his family.

Zing

Banned
Kirby's Adventure is really important to me. He was the best dude.
I have never played through the game, but I recently got heavy back into NES. I've been meaning to buy this game for a while, but was waiting for a deal. After reading this, I immediately went to ebay and bought the cart with manual. Life is too short to wait any longer.

I'm in shock. I knew about his condition but I thought he was making a full recovery. He will be missed greatly.

Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I'm deeply saddened by this news. Death is always a sad and often shocking thing. RIP Mr. Iwata, Nintendo gamers and the industry will always remember you fondly.

ibrahima

Banned
My goodness that is incredibly sad and that is far too young for an otherwise healthy man, he's been responsible for such a great deal in the industry, I'm sure he'll be greatly missed by an incredible number of people.

Boney

Banned
No wonder he didn't attend E3, the man gave his life for the company and these rough times couldn't have been good for his health.

The man was true visionary, extremely smart and sensible. Nintendo just lost not only a great leader, but an exceptional individual. It's gonna be extremely hard to replace him and this will send shock waves to the entire foundation, especially in this tough transition period where they needed him the most.

RIP and my condolences to the family.

zeopower6

PDF content screenshot if anyone needs it:
5f85ae4cd3.png

DON'T CHECK THE IGN COMMENTS

Never read the comments :x~

Totakeke

No matter how much pressure Nintendo was under I believed everything would be okay under Iwata. Now I can only hope the torch gets passed on. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom