• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroXZee

Can I get a ribbon as well, please? Thanks.

HI4ql5W.jpg

Incredibly sad. He was one day younger than my dad.

I don't understand how you can die from a bile duct growth.
Located right next to the pancreas, and thus deadly for the same reasons pancreatic cancer is. Lot of veins in the vicinity that drain into the liver.

Rest in peace Iwata.

Add to this, when Iwata was already General Manager of Nintendo (i.e. an extremely high up executive and being groomed to take over as the next move), Sakurai came to him and said Smash Bros. Melee was having trouble and might need to be delayed past Christmas.

What does Iwata do? He checks the code himself. He does such a thorough checking job that the game comes out on time, while still continuing his duties as General Manager.

Wow, i didn't know any of this, truly impressive!

get

Sometimes I think (morbidly) about how people will react when the giants of this industry die but it's not something I've ever been emotionally prepared for.

Meffer

Oh my god, this is so sudden. Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata, you lead a good life and did so many amazing things for Nintendo. You'll always be in our memories.

CrazyHorse

I can't even begin to imagine how he must have felt when he apologized to the rabid internet for the E3 Direct. By then he had to know he was dying. And yet, he never had a bad word for anyone. He was a better person than me, that's for sure.

RIP, Mr Iwata. You'll be missed by anyone that loves videogames.

He is a better person than me :(

Ah, god damn it, I'm actually tearing up over here. I feel like I have no right to feel this sad when the man had family and friends who knew him personally, who truly feel his absence in a way us fans never could. But Iwata always did make an effort to reach out to us, to talk to us not merely as consumers, but as lovers of games and of the craft of making games. And I'm always going to be so thankful to him for that. I'm going to miss him terribly.

L95

I would feel really bad right now if I had criticized their puppet performance and lack of e3 news.

It's pretty clear that the company was struggling to get something together and we probably know why.

I fully admit I was disappointed with the games, but I loved the puppet segment.

Zimmy64

I am shocked. The industry has lost a legend and a truly great man. I remember getting my GameCube in November 2003 and have been a hardcore Nintendo fan ever since. Just realized that Iwata has been in charge of Nintendo since that time. RIP to a truly great man who has created so many great memories.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Could be cool if someone made a thread to gather all comments from ppl in the industry.

This is awfully too soon and unexpected. Truly a heavy loss on a well-known figure in the Gaming community. From the moment I started gaming as a kid to today, the names Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Myamoto were names easily known to me as "The Nintendo Men" and to hear this sad news is almost impossible for me to believe.

Very few Presidents of large companies can say that they showcased the same level of passion and enthusiasm in what they do like Mr. Iwata did. It amazes me how this man made strong efforts to DIRECTLY(I say this with no disrespect) speak with the fans and many others. As cheesy as they may be, Nintendo Directs with Iwata always left me with a smile.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Iwata. Thank you for everything.

What you said is so true. Today is truly a sad day for all of us. Still unbelievable, Mr. Iwata will truly be missed.

( can someone place an zelda, majora mask with ribbon avatar in his honor for me too ? Thank you in advance )

Sometimes I think (morbidly) about how people will react when the giants of this industry die but it's not something I've ever been emotionally prepared for.

Totally agree...cancer can be a b**** sometimes...taking lives without warning left and right....(most recently Steve Jobs...and now Iwata...damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom