• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStig88

Someone banner me up too please, RIP
afrYc2Z.png

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I have no words. Nintendo, the NES was like a breath of fresh air coming from the 2600. Mario 64 still remains one of my fav games of all time.

Mario Galaxy series bought back that feeling I had with Mario 64. So I thank him for that.

Thanks for all you did for Nintendo.

Arm73

What the fuck is wrong with him.
Well [Pachter] in the last 5 or 6 years has been strongly and openly against Iwata leadership, his words were that as long Iwata was in charge, Nintendo will never be able to compete again.
One way or another, he's got his wish come true.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
In an industry where every single competitor, company and journalist reacts to the news with kindness and tact, then comes Pachter.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I realized today that I never knew his first name so I had to google him to make sure it was THE Iwata and not another person who worked at Nintendo with the same last name. He was so young that I found it extremely hard to believe he had passed away.

Oh man...

CJwkKtyUkAA6WXy.jpg:large

Out of all of the (incredible) tribute images so far, this has hit me the hardest. Nintendo games exist in brightest parts of human imagination - they push the buttons at the epicenter of fun, slide through our brains bringing a trail of creative whimsy in their wake. Seeing a picture of Kirby crying, or Mario with his head bowed still takes me to those vibrant worlds - a sadder continent to be sure, but in those vibrant worlds nonetheless.

This image, though... this is brick and stone. Metal and mortar. This is real. An actual human of finite longevity, of failing flesh and blood, will soon be laid to rest. Another incarnation of the man can't be programmed, another Iwata asks can never be held, and another direct with him will never be filmed.

Iwata's final credits are here, the closing coda on one of the most genuine and beloved characters the game of life ever programmed. Sure, we can replay Iwata's greatest moments, but we'll never get another new level.

So thank you, Satoru Iwata. Thank you for your integrity, thank you for your prowess, and most of all - thank you for leading us through the few bright spots Earth still has to offer. </3
:(

Great post.

Petrae

My heart goes out to all who are grieving... colleagues, acquaintances, and fans.

Mr. Iwata leaves a significant legacy. His demeanor, his genuine enthusiasm for gaming, and his contributions to HAL and to Nintendo will be just some of the things that I'll remember him for. His presence will be missed, and the video game industry is a bit less bright without him as part of it.

This is certainly tough to process, as someone who is currently dealing with serious health issues of my own. Mortality is a scary thing, even if you want to believe it isn't.

TI82

Banned
If anyone was working on a ribbon pic dont worry, found the png and did it on my own and can help others if they'd like

Clefargle

This is the saddest industry death since ryan davis. I am going to sleep now. I know you guys will commemorate the man like the legend he was. RIP again you caring gamer Iwata San.

Just ignore Pachter. He's a colossal jackass and couldn't resist taking one last jab at Iwata while giving his "condolences".

Not worth giving any attention to.

Baki

His e3 twitter post makes me sad..=( the guy worked so hard to make the fans happy and we couldn't give him that before his end.

This is so sad. =(

I don't know what to say other than RIP.

I'm blown away. Saw someone post condolences on FB of all places and just knew they had to be mistaken.

Immensely sad and shocked when I found out they wernt :(

Neoxon

Oh man...

Out of all of the (incredible) tribute images so far, this has hit me the hardest. Nintendo games exist in brightest parts of human imagination - they push the buttons at the epicenter of fun, slide through our brains bringing a trail of creative whimsy in their wake. Seeing a picture of Kirby crying, or Mario with his head bowed still takes me to those vibrant worlds - a sadder continent to be sure, but in those vibrant worlds nonetheless.

This image, though... this is brick and stone. Metal and mortar. This is real. An actual human of finite longevity, of failing flesh and blood, will soon be laid to rest. Another incarnation of the man can't be programmed, another Iwata asks can never be held, and another direct with him will never be filmed.

Iwata's final credits are here, the closing coda on one of the most genuine and beloved characters the game of life ever programmed. Sure, we can replay Iwata's greatest moments, but we'll never get another new level.

So thank you, Satoru Iwata. Thank you for your integrity, thank you for your prowess, and most of all - thank you for leading us through the few bright spots Earth still has to offer. </3
Godlike post. This is why I'm honored to be a part of NeoGAF.

It's not my thread and even if it was, I'd have no control over it anyways, so obviously I can't tell you what to do. But I'd be okay with not seeing that Pachter tweet reposted a bunch of times with people adding their angry comments. It doesn't really feel like that's what this thread should be about. Let the guy have his dumb remark about the death of a good man. Remember the good man instead.

entremet

Let's not crucify, Patcher.

Seems like an honest miscalculation. He was known for his harsh assessment of Iwata's decisions.

As Ninja Scooter said, it seems like he was trying to preempt criticism, but doing so made it worse.

I'd rather honor and remember Iwata.

Anth0ny

Oh man...

Great post :(

It's not my thread and even if it was, I'd have no control over it anyways, so obviously I can't tell you what to do. But I'd be okay with not seeing that Pachter tweet reposted a bunch of times with people adding their angry comments. It doesn't really feel like that's what this thread should be about. Let the guy have his dumb remark about the death of a good man. Remember the good man instead.

Don't worry, they're being deleted anyways

Oh man...

Fantastic post

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
Damn that's crazy, like a lot of people I was thinking it was a hoax...

Just some days after E3... R.I.P Mr Iwata.

I'm watching TV Tokyo news right now, it's 11am in Japan, I was thinking that they would speak about this sad event, but nothing for now :(
Maybe later this day.

Oh man...

;_;7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom