• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Ending Spoilers

That has to be one of the darkest episodes in Children's animation ever. Hot Dog Water is executed, the gang witness everyone they cared for get eaten alive, and in the end, they transport to an alternate dimension where everyone is alive, but different. All their friends, everyone they cared for... they look the same but they have different personalities, so to the gang, they're not the same.

Makonero

Ending Spoilers

That has to be one of the darkest episodes in Children's animation ever. Hot Dog Water is executed, the gang witness everyone they cared for get eaten alive, and in the end, they transport to an alternate dimension where everyone is alive, but different. All their friends, everyone they cared for... they look the same but they have different personalities, so to the gang, they're not the same.

Even their own lives - what happened to the "them" that lived in the alternate universe? Clearly they have productive lives of their own that the current gang didn't live. They are completely alone in that universe and the logical ramifications of what happened are heartbreaking.

Cade

Avoiding spoilers, but I'm almost done with Season 1 of this show (thanks, Netflix!) but I gotta know: Since they had to deal with only two seasons, do they resolve the overarching plot threads by the end? Without being too spoiler-y if possible.

Thanks.

Makonero

Avoiding spoilers, but I'm almost done with Season 1 of this show (thanks, Netflix!) but I gotta know: Since they had to deal with only two seasons, do they resolve the overarching plot threads by the end? Without being too spoiler-y if possible.

Thanks.

Yes.

Thanks.

Yes,
It was intended to be 2 seasons.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wow at that ending.:O
so they end up in the mainstream Scooby Doo universe?

Just looked today at the last 8-9 episodes and...I think you're right

They start from Crystal Cove their journey across the country - now we know why too - and they say they'll solve mysteries along the line
Shaggy and Scooby say that they'll eat everything on their way (well, that was obvious :lol)
They restore the Mystery Machine
At the end, there's a laughter, like the original show
Ending credits: they're not creepy, but in line with Mystery Machine's style

Basically, Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. Episode 52 is like Scooby Doo episode 0 or something, not expected absolutely :D

Great series. Such a fantastic reboot of Scooby Doo.

Avixph

Just looked today at the last 8-9 episodes and...I think you're right

They start from Crystal Cove their journey across the country - now we know why too - and they say they'll solve mysteries along the line
Shaggy and Scooby say that they'll eat everything on their way (well, that was obvious :lol)
They restore the Mystery Machine
At the end, there's a laughter, like the original show
Ending credits: they're not creepy, but in line with Mystery Machine's style

Basically, Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. Episode 52 is like Scooby Doo episode 0 or something, not expected absolutely :D

Great series. Such a fantastic reboot of Scooby Doo.
It was great.
But I was expecting the town to be named Coolsville in the alternate dimension.

Makonero

It was great.
But I was expecting the town to be named Coolsville in the alternate dimension.

That's actually a good point.
Why is the town named "Crystal Cove" if there's no crystal sarcophagus? And why isn't the town in it's original location, since Porto didn't need to sink it into the sea?

ZoddGutts

Pretty good ending. Some dark moments. The ending reminded me of Rahxephon but the main characters still remember here.

CorvoSol

Pretty good ending. Some dark moments. The ending reminded me of Rahxephon but the main characters still remember here.

Well now I'm triple glad I stopped watching that terrible show half way in.

Anyway, I liked the ending, but I was a little sad that
Prof. Pericles got off so easy. Guy did some incredibly evil stuff, and just walks away from it.

Hey but if
all the other Scooby adventures now lie ahead of them,
does this mean
they have to endure Scrappy again?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Amazon uploaded the final two episodes yesterday.

Wow at the ending. I wish I could come up with a better way to describe it, but I'm sitting here just having finished it in shock.

Just like... how did they even pull this off? Sure, the first part of s1 is a bit light on the arc stuff (probably to ease people into the idea of Scooby with a plot), but everything laid along the way... the startling amount of darkness present (
Cassidy dying in an EXPLOSION and Hot Dog Water getting SHOT TO DEATH BY NAZI DEATH ROBOTS
), the perfect humor and pacing...

I think this is the best show Cartoon Network has ever produced. Move over Samurai Jack, there's a new king.

Well now I'm triple glad I stopped watching that terrible show half way in.

Anyway, I liked the ending, but I was a little sad that
Prof. Pericles got off so easy. Guy did some incredibly evil stuff, and just walks away from it.

Hey but if
all the other Scooby adventures now lie ahead of them,
does this mean
they have to endure Scrappy again?

Without the Entity's influence he was likely never sent to prison, so probably.

Goddamn, just thinking about the last five minutes... I... I just can't. THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

Fuzz Rez

Banned
Hey, I just started the show and I'm already loving it. But how does the timeline work in this? Velma was telling about Space Kook and all the other bad guys they had beaten in the old series but they are teens in this show. Btw is there going to be third season?

abundant

Hey, I just started the show and I'm already loving it. But how does the timeline work in this? Velma was telling about Space Kook and all the other bad guys they had beaten in the old series but they are teens in this show. Btw is there going to be third season?

No third season. MI was always meant to be 2 seasons.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

They've solved a couple mysteries by the time the show's started that are like ones from the old shows, but this doesn't follow on from the old shows. It's a completely new universe.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Finished the last episode today. Series was a lot better than I expected. It wasn't always good, in fact, at the beginning of the second season I thought that maybe the series was no longer for me and I wasn't really enjoying it, but in the end I think Season 2 is much better than Season 1, it got better and better as each episode passed on.

It was full of horror references I'm sure most kids won't get, it was very self-referential, it was a lot more comedic that previous series, but also a lot darker. I feel sort of sad watching it end. Now I do know what the end implied, but this turned out to be my favorite rendition of Scooby-Doo ever, and a big reason for that was because I ended up really liking the characters and developments of the cast. It was cheesy at time, some of the pacing felt a bit weird, there were moments especially towards the end of the second season I was surprised they could get away with this in a kids show, hell a lot of it wasn't even really all that original; but it was executed well and I at least felt that there was a lot of heart in the show, for the Scooby-Doo gang, for the horror genre, for Cartoon Network's past, and I would go on to say that I think this may be one of my favorite Cartoon Network shows to have ever aired.

It's one of the few things to me that feels odd to now see it's over, but I'm happy to have experienced it but also sad to see it go. Happy it managed to be fairly conclusive and last for 52 episodes for a show that's audience was somewhat questionable.

I feel like this show is going to leave me with an uneasy feeling long after it's ended. Did anyone else get that vibe? It just left me feeling unsettled by everything. I think it's brilliant.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I feel like this show is going to leave me with an uneasy feeling long after it's ended. Did anyone else get that vibe? It just left me feeling unsettled by everything. I think it's brilliant.

It's definitely not how I expected it to end.
I think I have been too conditioned to think that character deaths, especially in mass, are to never be trusted. So when Foxy died earlier, and when Hogwater did, I was certain that they somehow survived off-camera and kept on waiting for them to come back. And then in the final episode where everyone is being snatched away and eaten, I thought for sure that being eaten wasn't killing them or something, and that they would defeat the monster and save them. To find out that they really did just watch everyone they ever knew or cared about be killed/eaten, only to end up in an alternate timeline where they really don't belong was kind of saddening.

Bladenic

One thing I wish they had followed up on was
Scooby possibly turning on them, as the ghost said the dog needs to die as the animals are always the ones who betray.
They kinda dropped that whole plot thread in the last half.

One thing I wish they had followed up on was
Scooby possibly turning on them, as the ghost said the dog needs to die as the animals are always the ones who betray.
They kinda dropped that whole plot thread in the last half.
Agree
then it seemed like it would be Nova, but it ended up being a letdown.

Fuzz Rez

Banned
They had Harlan Ellison as guest star? Awesome! I really like this show so far. Best CN show in years. I wonder if new Scooby installment will have equally good quality.

In regards to Scooby:
Doesn't it kind of make sense that they set him apart from previous animals like that? He is kind of a constant...?

Acerac

Banned
Just got around to finishing this show up, one hell of a ride...

It's not being continued for a third season, is it? :(

KidOmega

Just finished this on Netflix. Amazing. Please tell me Be Cool is at least going to have semi-continuity to this series...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just finished this on Netflix. Amazing. Please tell me Be Cool is at least going to have semi-continuity to this series...

Have you seen the Be Cool Scooby design? Not sure I'd want it to be canon with this perfect show...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
That recent thread got me rewatching this and man, the canon in the Scooby Doo universe really isn't worth trying to understand. The episode that directly references the Creeper makes this entire thing knotty

Toa TAK

Banned
Just finished watching the show and I completely agree with those who said that it's the best piece of Scooby-Doo media with Zombie Island tied for it. Boy, did Frank Welker get work. He's practically every other villain.

They make you like Fred as well as develop him and the gang. Come on, that's an achievement right there. The show is incredibly charming and I haven't liked these characters as much since I've been exposed to Scooby-Doo.

Its finale is great, and I feel that the main plot was perfectly built up and sprinkled throughout the show. It was great to see some heavy stuff hit the gang at the end there, but ultimately it ended on a happy note (it's still a kids show). Great show and I definitely had fun with it throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom