• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Empire (Marvel) |OT| Hail Hydrox

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingV

Posted in the Comics thread awhile ago but felt this would be a better place to post my theroy about Cap.

Havent read issue 3 yet of Secret Empire so not sure but what if the Captain America with Hydra is the one that is from
Dimension Z in Remender's Captain America run.
Not my idea mind you, I was listening to the Comics Conspiracy podcast and the host had the idea which actually makes alot of sense since in that
dimension
Hydra actually won. They usually dont talk about specific runs that often on the Podcast, and its called that because its the name of their store lol.

Havent read the run again since the original release so im gunna go back now. Gotta say, usually people love to hate
Romita Jr.
but this was one of the times their work really shined. Yes his team books like
Avengers, especially the Avengers vs. X-Men
event looked horrible, but his work on
Cap and Wolverine
looked soo good.

I always thought it could be
captain hydra from Secret Wars. I feel like Dimension Z Captain America doesn't make a lot of sense. I remember it being basically confirmed that that was the same Captain america, but I suppose it could be some sort of body swap/clone foolishness.

caliph95

I am to starting like Pymtron more and more

Though i wish the Hydra avengers get more than a handwave and would have been better if they went the Dark avengers route

Vic_Viper

I always thought it could be
captain hydra from Secret Wars. I feel like Dimension Z Captain America doesn't make a lot of sense. I remember it being basically confirmed that that was the same Captain america, but I suppose it could be some sort of body swap/clone foolishness.

Its becoming more likely that we are both wrong at this Cap is from the same place all the Legacy characters are coming from for Generations. A place called
Vanishing Pioint

mreddie

Today on FUCK THIS EVENT WHY ARE WE STILL DOING THIS?

Widow almost killed Cap but Cap kills her, Miles almost kills Cap but New Wasp stops him before getting jobbed and Punisher joined Cap before REASONS.

Is it too late to delete this thread?

VeeP

I've (surprisingly) liked the series so far, but today's issue was kinda annoying.
Okay, Black Widow is dead so Wasp stops Spider-Man from killing Cap, and then they're captured? That's how your gonna go out? C'mon.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Today on FUCK THIS EVENT WHY ARE WE STILL DOING THIS?

Widow almost killed Cap but Cap kills her, Miles almost kills Cap but New Wasp stops him before getting jobbed and Punisher joined Cap before REASONS.

Is it too late to delete this thread?

Nick Spencer has Bendis-itis. He's no good at writing outside of his wheelhouse, so instead of characters acting in ways that are logical to them he just gets them to do whatever he needs them to do to progress his story.

What he's done to Castle in this story is absolute utter bullshit.

Buckle

Guess this means there will be some cosmic cube shenanigans at the end of all this to reset things.

Obviously Widow isn't staying dead. Doubt Rick Jones will either. Hydra Cap probably going to die briefly too.

KingV

Its becoming more likely that we are both wrong at this Cap is from the same place all the Legacy characters are coming from for Generations. A place called
Vanishing Pioint

A bit late on this reply, but hopefully this isn't the explanation. Having a counter earth/opposite side of the sun/franklinverse type of explanation seems silly immediately after Secret Wars.

Kurdel

Banned
A bit late on this reply, but hopefully this isn't the explanation. Having a counter earth/opposite side of the sun/franklinverse type of explanation seems silly immediately after Secret Wars.

Well, in the last issue of the Ultimates the Maker revealed that he has managed to
combine all the universes into a single universe where all the counter earths co-exist. He even mentions "Hydra-earth" will be too busy to notice his doing

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was okay with this event until around #5. Issue 7 felt like it was racing to clean things up while messing up even more in the process.

SRG01

Well, in the last issue of the Ultimates the Maker revealed that he has managed to
combine all the universes into a single universe where all the counter earths co-exist. He even mentions "Hydra-earth" will be too busy to notice his doing

Interestingly enough, the Maker also said that
the Molecule Man actually sent him to do it... hmm.

Probably ties into the whole "Vanishing Point" thing, if universes are combining.

Sinatar

I was okay with this event until around #5. Issue 7 felt like it was racing to clean things up while messing up even more in the process.

Interestingly enough, the Maker also said that
the Molecule Man actually sent him to do it... hmm.

Probably ties into the whole "Vanishing Point" thing, if universes are combining.

I'm assuming it's all leading to whatever triggers the upcoming Legacy event.

KingV

I mostly read on unlimited, so haven't gotten this far yet... but am somewhat disappointed that they appear to be basically making Secret Wars inconsequential so quickly.

mreddie

I mostly read on unlimited, so haven't gotten this far yet... but am somewhat disappointed that they appear to be basically making Secret Wars inconsequential so quickly.

If you read Jessica Jones, it's somehow picking up a thread from Wars.

Sinatar

Ultimates has been really excellent, I wouldn't worry about it, wherever they go with this will probably be really cool.

rrc1594

The story has been okay so far. They have done a poor job, in my opinion, to make me dislike Rogers. Captain America still comes off very likable through all of this.

it just feels like

this event wasn't needed, I guess alot of the recent marvel events weren't needed, but this just feels like totally "why"

Kurdel

Banned
Hopefully, in the long run, there is a bigger payoff to this

From where we stand now, Civil War 2 feels like it was just a set up for this event.

Hopefully next year we will be seeing this meandering slog through Hydra Cap the same way.

Also, I think it will be a dumb resolution. Just like that shitty, shitty Civil War 2 ending.

SRG01

From where we stand now, Civil War 2 feels like it was just a set up for this event.

Hopefully next year we will be seeing this meandering slog through Hydra Cap the same way.

Also, I think it will be a dumb resolution. Just like that shitty, shitty Civil War 2 ending.

Everything from Secret Wars onward seems like it was setting this up... but makes me ask the question of why we needed this post-event-event and not just merge everything together right after Secret Wars.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So is that actually Tony Stark's consciousness, or is it a copy? Because between this and Invincible Iron Man I'm not entirely sure.

It's an A.I. with Tony's personality. This just seems to be ignored completely in Secret Wars and he might as well be Tony Stark with blue skin. It's really weird seeing him walk around with a hoodie on, lol.

It's an A.I. with Tony's personality. This just seems to be ignored completely in Secret Wars and he might as well be Tony Stark with blue skin. It's really weird seeing him walk around with a hoodie on, lol.

That's what I thought as well but it was referred to as Tony's actual consciousness at one point recently. He is in a "coma" so it makes me wonder if transferring himself was an emergency measure.

Fades

Banned
That's what I thought as well but it was referred to as Tony's actual consciousness at one point recently. He is in a "coma" so it makes me wonder if transferring himself was an emergency measure.

Iirc, Civil War II said that he had been experimenting on himself in secret, to the point where they weren't sure that medicine would even work on his body, and I think that it was Invincible Iron Man that first mentioned that Stark had digitized his consciousness before he was put into a coma. I'm not sure if they expanded on what his apparently body-altering experiments were or not.

mreddie

SE 8 -

Spencer has Panther job to Fastius.
Emma bows down.
Everything goes to shit but then, John Cena no sell

Bucky is back.

Cap America 25:

*stares*

2 more weeks...

gaiadyne

SE 8 -

Spencer has Panther job to Fastius.
Emma bows down.
Everything goes to shit but then, John Cena no sell

Bucky is back.

Cap America 25:

*stares*

2 more weeks...

Damn that shit in Cap America 25 was bad... and what makes it worse you need to read it to fully understand what's happening in the new Secret Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom