• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Europe Responds to fan campaign for localisation

Aki-at

Searched, couldn't find anything.

Yesterday, SEGAbits and Sonic Retro launched a new fan #TakeMyMoneySoE campaign, following a forum post by Overlord. The idea is to show SEGA Europe that they’re losing money by not bringing games like the SEGA 3D Classics Collection to Europe, even though they’ve already been announced for the US. In order to demonstrate this, SEGA fans in Europe are asked to write down the name of the game they want to see localized for the European market on a sheet of paper, together with a few bank notes totaling the cost of a regular game, take a picture of it and then tweet it to @SEGA_Europe with the #TakeMyMoneySoE hash tag.

Today, SEGA Europe responded to the fan campaign on Twitter, stating that they’re “working on this”. They also replied to a specific tweet from Nostalgia Ninja asking for news regarding the SEGA 3D Classics collection, stating that they’re “working on bringing them to Europe” but “don’t have a date to share at this time”. You can see both of these tweets below. It’s good to see SEGA Europe respond to the campaign quickly, and hearing that they’re actively working on bringing the games to Europe suggests that there’s a good chance it’ll happen eventually. Let’s hope for more news soon!

https://www.segalization.com/2016/04/16/sega-europe-responds-to-takemymoneysoe-fan-campaign/

PQqsjlH.png

RIMZArg.png

Sounds positive! \o/

It's not about hard dates, it's about taking your time to announce it's coming to Europe. If it's coming, just say. I never understand why publishers do this.

Stuart444

It's not about hard dates, it's about taking your time to announce it's coming to Europe. If it's coming, just say. I never understand why publishers do this.

Sometimes there are valid reasons such as marketing related (waiting for a european focused event to announce something for that audience) or legal related (if a title has some license issues, or name issues where the name of the game is already trademarked for instance though this one is much less common these days I think).

Other times, yeah, it doesn't make much sense. Such as the whole Yakuza 0 is coming to NA and EU and then suddenly nope, just NA and then suddenly EU again. (I believe it went something like that).

Eolz

Sounds like Atlusprime's reply in the SMTIVA thread, which is not much.
"working on it" is positive, sure, but it's hard to believe when there's nothing to show and the problem has been getting worse since both companies are together.

Sega really needs to do something about it. Hell, they aren't even able to say if those games will come to europe one day, which is completely stupid.
When people have to import your games before they are released 6+ months later in english only, obviously it'll show there's no audience in this region...
Maddening.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Sega's sitting on one of the largest gold mines in gaming. Sega rereleasing their back catalog would be the equivalent of McDonalds serving breakfast all day. Nothing but good things can come of it.

TimmiT

I'm one of the people helping out with the campaign, and we're going to continue running it. It's nice to have a confirmation of that they're looking into releasing the games here and are listening. Really it's encouraging us to keep giving them reason to actually release the games here.

Synth

Hey how about PSO2

The only reason why I don't follow the campaign instructions to take a piece of paper with PSO2 written on it along with the amount of money I'd be spending on it, is because at any one point in time I wouldn't have the money to hand that I'd spent on PSO2 over time.

Maybe I should tweet a blank cheque?

TimmiT

The only reason why I don't follow the campaign instructions to take a piece of paper with PSO2 written on it along with the amount of money I'd be spending on it, is because at any one point in time I wouldn't have the money to hand that I'd spent on PSO2 over time.

Maybe I should tweet a blank cheque?

To keep our goal realistic, we're mainly focusing on games that are being released in the US but not in Europe. So SEGA 3D Classics Collection, 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X.

I'd love to see PSO2 localised as well, but I think that happening is far less likely.

Synth

To keep our goal realistic, we're mainly focusing on games that are being released in the US but not in Europe. So SEGA 3D Classics Collection, 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X.

I'd love to see PSO2 localised as well, but I think that happening is far less likely.

Ah gotcha. I kinda got thrown off by the "announced in the US" bit, because them mofos "announced" PSO2 for the US years ago...

CJCW

Still need the Platinum and Atlus back catalogue on PC.

The fact they still haven't done it is baffling. It's guaranteed sales if you put them on Steam. Especially Platinum's, who would benefit from the performance boost.

Top Bottom