• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA preparing to launch a Valkyria: Azure Revolution demo "for everyone"

Nyoro SF

From Gematsu (give 'em a click)
“We released Ver. 2.0 of the Battle Demo the other day, and starting next week we’ll be holding hands-on experience events across the country,” Shimosato told Gamer.ne.jp. “In the future, we’re planning to provide one more, additional demo. At that time, we’re planning for everyone to be able to enjoy it, rather than just a limited amount of users.”
VXOk0no.jpg

Ozawa, Mitsuda and Shimosato
Recently they finished recording the anthem of Jutland thanks to fan support alongside Yasunori Mitsuda, the composer of the game. That is where this announcement was made.

The demo is likely to be fully in Japanese though just like the previous demos, but the game is not so hard that knowledge of the language is required to play. Just hitting buttons in general to figure out what works is good enough.

Nyoro SF

They seem confident in the game, what are impressions like?

My impression: I like the idea of melding strategy and real-time on the fly, but right now the game needs a lot of polish to make the battle flow properly. There's lots of times where your teammates are just standing around like dumbasses or get confused in terms of direction.

I think they can polish it in four months, especially since they confirmed they're sticking with this gameplay system. But right now it feels like it doesn't flow with the menu and action well.

Here's some videos of me playing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeUEXWEtLG8

EDIT: It looks like Twitch fucked up my export. Just great...

Good to hear. I'm pretty harsh on what's been presented so far, but I'm hopeful for a good experience.

Edit: Waaaait, Mitsuda's the main composer? I'll probably be looking for an OST if it ever comes out.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
They seem confident in the game, what are impressions like?

They were so "confident" that they did a bunch of hasty changes to their half assed attempt which basically just used the old PS3 Shining Resonance game engine / system.

Even with the new changes its still a hot mess, granted slightly better than what they originally released but that is not saying much. Let alone the horrible art direction / design they went with for this spinoff.

4 months is not enough time to fix stuff at this point. Even more so considering the last 2 months is generally when you are making sure nothing goes wrong with the master and not tweaking actual system mechanics and trying to shove other stuff into the build.

Some Nobody

I did a search and found nothing, and obviously I can't post a thread so:

Gematsu posted a ton of new info and a trailer for this game. Honestly I'm absolutely LOVING the look of the world and even the gameplay has a lot of elements I didn't expect to it, especially
giant enemy fights

Top Bottom