• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Layden says he has played Death Stranding

I dare say with Sony money and the engine choice, the PC version will be quietly forgotten about.
Kojima confirmed that the game will be on PC but at a later date. They don't want the game to be datamined on day 1. But yes, they should address this topic in the near future.

Budi

Kojima confirmed that the game will be on PC but at a later date. They don't want the game to be datamined on day 1. But yes, they should address this topic in the near future.

Did he? I had this argument in another unrelated thread. All I could find was some deleted Q&A before it was entirely clear how big Sony's involvement would be. Is there another source for this claim? There are two Sony published games in Steam though, even Sony's inhouse devs worked on one of those.

David___

Banned
Did he? I had this argument in another unrelated thread. All I could find was some deleted Q&A before it was entirely clear how big Sony's involvement would be. Is there another source for this claim? There are two Sony published games in Steam though, even Sony's inhouse devs worked on one of those.

The PC version was announced in the video Kojima and House did when they announced the partnership iirc

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm not going to buy it since i got burned on MGS5, but if its good i'll definitely borrow it from a friend.

Wait, so you won't even buy it if it's good, because you got burned on MGS5? I don't even understand this logic.

I think it was initially supposed to be timed exclusive to PS4, and it probably is but likely even longer. I don't expect this game to be out until the tail-end of the PS4's generation and right before the PS5. So it's likely it might get a cross-gen port to PS5 at a later time and then PC much later on.

I know Cerny and Kojima went on a world tour to find the right engine for him, and it's pretty likely that they visited Epic and Crytek during that time too. Kojima just ended up going with Decima and also knew it would push the PC release even further away.

Sony have shown that they have no problems with letting a game that they published go to PC if their 2nd party partner wants it to after a certain period of time. Resogun, Helldivers and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are recent examples. Sure these are smaller games, but it's also very likely that Kojima's contract with Sony is fairly lax after his previous experience so I wouldn't worry too much.

That being said, I would definitely recommend getting a PS4 if you're interested because this game will likely not be on PC for at least a year and maybe 2.

Best wishes.

Budi

I think the ship has sailed on that after the Decima engine collaboration was announced.

Everybody's gone to the rapture was co-developed by SCE Santa Monica Studio and published by Sony. Still got later PC release. This is something I'll be grasping to until someone confirms the game isn't coming to PC at all. =P

And even if MGSV's budget is real, it's not bad at all. 80m for an open-world game developed on a new engine and released on five different platforms simultaneously? Oh, and every version of the game is pretty damn polished. That seems pretty damn good.

Not to mention the separate online mode and the fact they would've earned quite a lot of money from selling Ground Zeroes separately.

I think it was initially supposed to be timed exclusive to PS4, and it probably is but likely even longer. I don't expect this game to be out until the tail-end of the PS4's generation and right before the PS5. So it's likely it might get a cross-gen port to PS5 at a later time and then PC much later on.

I know Cerny and Kojima went on a world tour to find the right engine for him, and it's pretty likely that they visited Epic and Crytek during that time too. Kojima just ended up going with Decima and also knew it would push the PC release even further away.

Sony have shown that they have no problems with letting a game that they published go to PC if their 2nd party partner wants it to after a certain period of time. Resogun, Helldivers and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are recent examples. Sure these are smaller games, but it's also very likely that Kojima's contract with Sony is fairly lax after his previous experience so I wouldn't worry too much.

That being said, I would definitely recommend getting a PS4 if you're interested because this game will likely not be on PC for at least a year and maybe 2.

Best wishes.

???

alt27

In the articile he states everything that was shown as a 2018 release date, is coming first half of the year.

Nice.

Seik

Banned
Well it's obvious that having Decima all cooked up and ready sped things up X1000 because building your own engine can take some very long time.

Glad to hear it's something playable though, I hope things will go well, here's hoping for a 2019 release.

A lot of studios were silent this E3 to be fair. Suckerpunch, Fromsoftware, Rocksteady, Itsuno, CD Projekt RED.

It was rough.

From one has me a bit worried, but Kojima's doesn't seem to have a good reason. Kojima's cgi crap is always entertaining. If he didn't have gameplay, some would complain, but most would still just enjoy the ride.
And this Sony e3 needed it.

daveo42

Banned
When he says "up and running" he actually means he can manipulate the camera while naked Norman Reedus takes a stroll at the beach.

bunkitz

Pretty dope hearing that from Shawn himself, but now I'm expecting gameplay come PSX. I hope they won't disappoint. To be fair, though, everyone's probably expecting quite a lot from PSX due to how little new content they showed at E3. Death Stranding would probably be the highlight, though, if we're getting a good chunk of gameplay. It's gonna be a doozy.

cilonen

I couldn't explain to you what the game is...

Collectible card-based futuristic baseball management game with dating sim elements and first person infiltration of other teams stadiums confirmed.

Player virtual card packs only $9.99 each. Chance of rolling Mads Mikkelsen in any card pack is 1 in 1000.

Top Bottom