• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe this is actually happening!! A dream comes true!! We are getting Shenmue 3 developed by the living legend, Yu Suzuki.

I was jumping, screaming AND crying when I saw him announcing this on stage. No shame at all.

This is so huge for me. I couldn't even sleep after the press conference.

Saw these pictures at Shuhei Yoshida Twitter, those smiles say it all. :)

CHmbD55UMAEuxhh.jpg

CHl8Lb0VEAEtBN5.jpg

CHljk1wUYAMgHjz.jpg

Krejlooc

Banned
After this, I want a new Outrun

then a new Space Harrier

then a new Daytona USA

then a new Virtua Fighter

then a new After Burner

then a new Hang-On

Who what?! I didn't know this. What does this mean for the Kickstarter? Is Sega involved? Have they said anything?

Sega gave this their blessing.

Randomizer

Shenmue is supposed to be 16 chapters long

Shenmue 1: Chapter 1
shenmue 2. Chapter 2-4
shenmue 3 chapters 5-12 ?
Shenmue 4 chapters 13-16?

There'll at least be another Shenmue game needed to finish the story, no way they'll wrap up the story in 3, unless it's 100 hours long.

Chapter 2 was actually never made it was the boat trip between Shenmue 1 & 2. So Shenmue 3 starts at chapter 6.

Bytes

After this, I want a new Outrun

then a new Space Harrier

then a new Daytona USA

then a new Virtua Fighter

then a new After Burner

then a new Hang-On

Maybe we should just have a Kickstarter for SEGA in general, to bring back their graveyard of dead franchises.

Krejlooc

Banned
Maybe we should just have a Kickstarter for SEGA in general, to bring back their graveyard of dead franchises.

All that comes from one single team in Sega's great history

we could fill this topic for days if we were discussing Sega's entire output. Team Shinobi/Yakuza alone has a legendary history.

Spaghetti

Probably not the second one, Kickstarters slow down A LOT after the first 48 hours, until the last 48 hours. 3 million my tomorrow is totally reasonable, probably $4.5m by next week.
we'll see how it's performing on friday, if the pace keeps over the weekend we're going to be in for a real high total

Bluepoint doesn't need the source code. During the Silent Hill HD Collection fiasco, they said they just take the retail discs and reverse engineer it to avoid issues like that.

Bring that Panzer Dragoon Saga Remake then!

Panzer Dragoon Saga is the new Shenmue

I'll back all of them

I wake up and this is funded. After all this time, it's weird to think about Shenmue 3 like something that's actually going to happen. It's weird and it feels great.

I backed it, despite not owning a PS4 (I have an Xbox One).

If I need to, I will play on a PC. I am sure I can throw something together that can play this relatively cheaply.

Obviously hoping that an Xbox One game is announced though..

I do wonder if Sony have any say on if that can happen or not?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Will there be a physical copy reward for PS4?
The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter will only be offering the digital download version for the PlayStation Network.

:( Maybe later like Mighty No. 9?

kunonabi

I have the pal dreamcast version so I'm not mad.

I Imported the PAL version as well. When the Dreamcast died I pretty much focused on the GC, despite not really caring for it much, and the PS3. I have no idea why SEGA thought I was going to pay any attention to the XBOX.

Aki-at

This is why nobody would fund this. Shenmue 2 was released on the Xbox after Dreamcast owners were scattered to the wind.

This was SEGA's biggest mistake. Instead of establishing it's demograph on one console they decided to support all three equally for some fool hardy reason.

If Sonic, Shenmue, Phantasy Star et all were Playstation/multi plat we'd have gotten Shenmue sooner I believe ;_;

Yep, it has stretch goals up until $4 million though

Are you surprised? I figured when we all woke up to see nintendo's live feed it would be funded.

Yes, and its heading to the 3 million $ mark

Yup I believe it was done in only nine hours.

Funded plus some. Almost $2.5M already.

Hot damn, gonna go and throw my money in the hat as well!

This was SEGA's biggest mistake. Instead of establishing it's demograph on one console they decided to support all three equally for some fool hardy reason.

If Sonic, Shenmue, Phantasy Star et all were Playstation/multi plat we'd have gotten Shenmue sooner I believe ;_;

I was too bitter to want a PS2 at the time but if PSO, Shenmue and Jet Set Radio were released on it I would've moved to Sony's camp much earlier. At least we got Yakuza out of all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom