• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3 needs $10M to truly have open world features (Sony not fully funding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verendus

Banned
Sony not funding, but it's exclusive. Suspicious. Suspect.

DTA

DON'T TRUST ANYBODY!

What does anyone do with ten million? Model a goddamn toilet? It's a sham. Kaz could fund this with his own personal fortune. Why doesn't he? It's his company. Why doesn't he step up, and do the right thing? Oh, that's right.

Because fuck you, that's why.

Reset

I don't really believe this. If Sony can afford to fund TLG for so long it can afford to fund this. It'll generate them a lot of good will. Something tells me that in the end they will end up funding all it needs. The Kickstarter was a marketing ploy to get people hyped.

TLG is an exclusive. Shenmue 3 isn't.

dracula_x

so why didn't he ask for $10,000,000? is there a limit on ks?

Because $2 millions is better than 0.
If goal isn't reached on Kickstarter, then they lose all money. So it's better to play safe.

Same for Bloodstained kickstarter, btw. Initial goal was about 500k, but they needed $ 5M to develop the game.

This KS worries me. They cannot make a game that's up to fans expectations with any amount of money, and games always take longer and are more expensive than you originally planned.

The original Skullgirls cost - or was plann!e to cost? - 2M, IIRC.

This is interesting. Going in I thought that Sony was using the kickstarter to make sure that it wasn't just a vocal minority who wanted the game, and that the game would get a proper budget alongside the kickstarter funds. Scummy, but an effective method. But this means that even with Sony's presence, they're still worried the game isn't going to sell.

So how much is Sony actually going to contribute, I wonder? I thought they would at least match what the kickstarter raised.

Calabi

I don't really believe this. If Sony can afford to fund TLG for so long it can afford to fund this. It'll generate them a lot of good will. Something tells me that in the end they will end up funding all it needs. The Kickstarter was a marketing ploy to get people hyped.

It doesnt really work like that. Sony has budgets, it has limits, it has to take account of where all it's money goes and why. They cant just throw money around willy nilly even if there were doing great. They need good returns on there investments.

They really should have made it more clear in this case though, this method likely harmed it more than helped it.

Alienous

Sony not funding, but it's exclusive. Suspicious. Suspect.

DTA

DON'T TRUST ANYBODY!

What does anyone do with ten million? Model a goddamn toilet? It's a sham. Kaz could fund this with his own personal fortune. Why doesn't he? It's his company. Why doesn't he step up, and do the right thing? Oh, that's right.

Because fuck you, that's why.

The Uncharted 4 E3 2015 demo probably cost more than $10 million.

Why won't Sony just put $10 million into it!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom