• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2015 Edition

Here's mine. Definitely not as fancy as most Gaffer setups (you guys have some awesome ones!), but it gets me by.

PCRig_zpsb798540c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

leng jai

We used to have a show off your home and show off your gaming setup but it divided up the postings / community. This is the same kind of deal as the pick-up posts in gaming.

Best bedroom ever :) You have what most people need a huge living room for in your bedroom and it's cleaner / organized better than those that have all that space. It's impressive.

Thanks, I'm still trying to achieve a more minimalistic look. It'll be much easier when I move into a bigger place.

We have the same style

White PS4? Check
White XBOne? Check

Too bad You dont have a White Wii-U and White Vita.

I have a white Vita 1000 lying around somewhere. No white Wii U alas.

Info on that white case Buzz is chilling on? Looks quite sleek.

It's an Ikea Expedit shelf. Pretty common and cheap.

Most people will mention the awesome TV but great taste in furniture and overall space design.

Think I've seen your setup before. Always like what you did with such a small space, very inspirational.

This thread is great for ideas. I'll no doubt be copying other setups when I get a bigger space.

REDSLATE

Still working on it but this is currently my gaming setup
ibqBZs8vCO2ZBl.jpg

NES is the only console not hooked up and it will be replaced by a PS4 whenever I get one.
Genesis is hooked up with a scart to component adapter. Will eventually get scart cables for the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast as well.

Props for the cubby set-up. Retro love!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Tabris you always make me proud to be Vancouverite ;_; Gorgeous man.

NFreak

I've got all my last gen and current gen consoles set up right now. Controllers are all stored nicely in those two center areas on the TV Stand.

r2flNzP.jpg

And I've got my PC set up right next to it. It's a fantastic setup for recording footage of games and playing with friends through skype, etc. I'd love to get two matching monitors at some point.

7QyzT2A.jpg

scojitsu

Lovely setup guys, you should be proud!

My biggest problem is space. I play games/ watch movies in my loft (attic) and it's such a tiny wee room. Maybe one day I'll have double the floor space but I'll make do for the moment.

Here she is.
setup1_zpsfc5315a1.jpg

setup2_zps4ea25133.jpg

setup3_zps203df079.jpg

setup4_zps6420c43b.jpg

setup9_zps4c1e65c5.jpg

Pikmin says hi.
setup5_zpsdce979bf.jpg

Need to finish this collection one day!
setup6_zpsde38f64e.jpg

The games.
setup7_zps456f9034.jpg

setup8_zps793b7579.jpg

Fredrik

Two more pics of my console setup, TV and projector comparison, with Driveclub looking good as always
x5rbjKH.jpg

TFmy9zV.jpg

And a showcase how my cars usually look in Driveclub within minutes or so :p
0tHafPY.jpg

Most people will mention the awesome TV but great taste in furniture and overall space design.

Thanks, it's my favorite corner of the apartment. It's been fun picking out stuff for it. I'm about done I feel. If I do more there, it will be something drastic like turning the wall into a living plant wall.

Gadget-wise, the long term goal is to get a bigass 4k oled, and a highend PC built into the TV stand.

Quick pano of the lounge:

16181126211_1b1f956bce_b.jpg

And then studio/gaming pc/Firewatch Dev machine

16157193996_c9cb76e4d0_b.jpg

Cool place. Is that Germany outside the window? Looks very classic european.

Moss

Thanks, it's my favorite corner of the apartment. It's been fun picking out stuff for it. I'm about done I feel. If I do more there, it will be something drastic like turning the wall into a living plant wall.

Gadget-wise, the long term goal is to get a bigass 4k oled, and a highend PC built into the TV stand.

Cool place. Is that Germany outside the window? Looks very classic european.

Winchester, UK.

Arcatax

RB4JDyY.jpg

Once I move out I will hopefully have a bit more room/ better desk. I've just got a keyboard and monitor connected to my laptop, along with my Wii U, PS3 and PS4. Not the fanciest setup but it's something.

Mr.Fresh

Damn you guys motivate me to grind harder and get set ups like these... Also this thread makes me want DriveClub lol

Wow i have noticed not alot of folks have the white xbone. I feel so blessed! I cant fucking wait to pick up this baby in feb
rZeFwyJ.jpg

Not much of a setup compared to your guys'. I just play WoW and Wii U.

Not pictured: Sager NP8268-S laptop for PC gaming

aJ3qjeS.png

Love it; so clean and focused. As a WoW player I will be forever jealous of the vanilla collectors ed, the only one I am missing. I missed out, by minutes I'm sure, of a once in a lifetime deal, some guy locally posted on Kijiji his collectors ed Vanilla, BC, and Cata, $20 each. Sometimes, I revisit that posting just if I feel like crying ;)

Two more pics of my console setup, TV and projector comparison, with Driveclub looking good as always
x5rbjKH.jpg

TFmy9zV.jpg

And a showcase how my cars usually look in Driveclub within minutes or so :p
0tHafPY.jpg

Awesome TV and I'm jealous you have the TV/projector setup. I just have the projector...doesn't look that good in daylight.

Maybe it's difficult to evaluate from pics, but from what I see many people sit sooo far from their tv that their mastodontic size almost becomes irrelevant.
Also a matter of personal preference probably, as I'd rather play on a 14" tv with my nose into the screen than on a 65" monster if I'm that far that I feel completely disconnected from the game.

For reference: 42" plasma, 1.6m eye-screen distance. I feel it's perfect.

Fredrik

Just a few more :)

The retro corner, not the best photos but I'll post anyway
Ie9Jrwp.jpg

x0VOFLd.jpg

And finally, I'll never ever get rid of these ;)
50RxTqX.jpg

hitsugi

Which one do you mean?

The big one is a repro of the classic arco lamp. You can find them everywhere, but closest to the original I've found is at http://www.iconiclights.co.uk/ .

Of course it's in the UK.. those actually look really nice. My only option is gambling with Amazon sellers :\ I never knew the arco lamp was the original but there are so many knock offs I had no idea of what I was looking for anymore. Thanks

Fredrik

Awesome TV and I'm jealous you have the TV/projector setup. I just have the projector...doesn't look that good in daylight.
Actually, the TV is nothing special really, a 46" Samsung LED from 2011 or something like that. Having the projector is nice though, especially for racing games, makes the sense of speed so much better. I have the same problem though and still have to turn down the light to get a decent picture compared to the TV but like I said the size makes up for it. :)

sublimit

Banned
I like how the majority of GAF still keeps their older consoles and some even have them in dedicated setups.
Respect. :)

The Flash

Banned
The Flash's Gaming Setup: January 2015 Edition. Crappy photo quality incoming.

Overview. Notice the towels covering up the window to keep the sun out.
C4R2J3x.jpg

Xbawkses
A2jdDIN.jpg

32" TV
vGYjRGV.jpg

Mi amiibos
mmfF0qq.jpg

Personal computational device and improvised footstool
oNOejs0.jpg

Goodwill recliner for to kick back and watch videos
Gnm3G8g.jpg

Lovely setup guys, you should be proud!

My biggest problem is space. I play games/ watch movies in my loft (attic) and it's such a tiny wee room. Maybe one day I'll have double the floor space but I'll make do for the moment.

Here she is.
setup8_zps793b7579.jpg

Ripples, Wispas, Crunchies and Stella. All the major food groups present and correct. I salute you, sir!

MIZPHIT

Neo Member
My first post after years of lurking.

WP_20150103_15_20_01_Pro_zps6fb400ce.jpg

LG LM6700 3D Smart TV
Vizio Bluetooth soundbar
PS3
PS4
OG Xbox w/ softmod and bigger hard drive, Logitech wireless controller. Boots into XBMC at startup.
Xbox One
Sega Genesis w/ region mod, overclock and a/v upgrades (S-video and RCA stereo outs) plus a Mega Everdrive flash cart.
NES

lem0n

My first post after years of lurking.

WP_20150103_15_20_01_Pro_zps6fb400ce.jpg

LG LM6700 3D Smart TV
Vizio Bluetooth soundbar
PS3
PS4
OG Xbox w/ softmod and bigger hard drive, Logitech wireless controller. Boots into XBMC at startup.
Xbox One
Sega Genesis w/ region mod, overclock and a/v upgrades (S-video and RCA stereo outs) plus a Mega Everdrive flash cart.
NES
That Blade setup had me all confused for a second. I love it!

I dont like Beer, but just the other day I tried Stella for the first time. Best beer I ever had.

358-wife-beatre2.jpg

Stella is the worst.

Hoping to finally contribute to this thread soon, January will finally be the month I get this hole sorted out!

Actually, the TV is nothing special really, a 46" Samsung LED from 2011 or something like that. Having the projector is nice though, especially for racing games, makes the sense of speed so much better. I have the same problem though and still have to turn down the light to get a decent picture compared to the TV but like I said the size makes up for it. :)

I really like the TV boarder though, haven't really seen a TV like that. Yes the size is amazing, I need to get curtains to block out the light during daytime haha.

Mine has only slightly changed since last year but it's still serving me very well.

Very clean and sharp look. Could maybe use a painting or something.

Top Bottom