• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Some great ideas here. I am saving money so I can make the perfect man cave, with projector for movies and gaming, a bar, pool table. Did you guy hire anybody to design the place? I am not very good with that, I just want to maximize the space and make it looking great.

Friggz

im finishing my basement this year and greatly look forward too having my own set of pictures for the 2017 thread. keep it coming!

Herne

There are no changes to the living room setup, so here's a horribly taken photograph of my desktop. I've gotten rid of the two desk setup and have the desktop, laptop and C64 on one desk. The '64 is connected to the laptop via an Ezcap 116, where I can easily capture video, then transfer it over to the desktop for editing.

Will be looking to get a bigger desk, a larger, height-adjustable one, if anyone has any recommendations.

ks64c.png

SpecX

You could probably get away with a standard Spectrum screen (http://www.elitescreens.com/products/electric) unless you have a high-end projector and/or direct sunlight hitting the screen. It can be mounted on either the wall or the ceiling. It's not the most subtle device so you might want to consider upgrading and getting a white case.
Thanks for the link. We will mostly use the projector at night for special ocassions and the TV will be used during the day, ao sun light wont be a big issue. The projector we have isn't high end, more towards the low end for midrange projectors.

I've been reading and hear a tension screen is the better option over the regular. Is wrinkless/creasing a big issue on screens and is a tension screen worth the extra?

Updated with some new pics.

This time I've added pics of the bar and my PC gaming area.

This is the bar, it's in the same room as where my TV setup, just down a few steps and you're there. It's great as I means I can grab a drink while I'm playing or just chill here with some tunes in the background.

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d9mpxy9.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d9mpyak.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d9mpyl0.jpg

TV room seating, these sofas are all new, previous photo's show a blue suite which I have since gotten rid of.

This where my PC lives, the desk I got second hand, it's actually from 1989 (I got it dirt cheap when a company when bust and they sold off their office furniture.) It's solid as hell and weighs a ton, the frame is steel. I need a desk like this as I run my work from home primarily, this thing isn't pretty but it does everything I need.

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d9mpz7h.jpg

untitled_by_lightningtremlett-d9mpzhk.jpg

PC Specs.

Intel i7 5820k
Asus X99
16GB DDR4 RAM
EVGA GTX970
1TB HDD
Samsung 840 256 GB SSD

The case is an Aerocool X1 for anyone interested..

Dobsie

Here's my bedroom setup til I move out later this year, I'm a bit rubbish at taking pictures so the colours look a bit off. It's a pretty big room so I pull the chair out for playing ps4, which kind of negates the rear surround speakers as they're either side of the bed. TV/films I watch from the comfort of the bed which where I'm laying is about 10ft from the screen.

Panasonic 47" AS650B 1080p tv
Sony Receiver
5.1 surround sound, mixture of Mission M73's for left and right and Q Aquostics series for the rest of the kit.
PS4
Thrustmaster T500 RS

Lunar FC

Hey guys!

I've probably been a lurker in these threads for 5+ years and have gotten inspiration from so many of you guys. I've been a member on GAF for only about a year now and thought it was finally time to post my room. I live in a house with other people so my room is all I've got. Would love to hear some thoughts and feedback!

Sorry for the bad / huge resolution pictures, HTC still can't make good cameras and I didn't feel like re-sizing them. Just do a right click open in new tab to see them bigger.

I love this thread, figured now that I've been approved I can show my setup. It's constantly changing and I'm moving soon but here are some shots of my setup. I can always edit and add my bedroom and computer setups later.

154267.jpg

154243.jpg

154248.jpg

154251.jpg

154257.jpg

154246.jpg

You can see more pics here

Some great ideas here. I am saving money so I can make the perfect man cave, with projector for movies and gaming, a bar, pool table. Did you guy hire anybody to design the place? I am not very good with that, I just want to maximize the space and make it looking great.

I'm in the process of finishing my basement now and will have everything you mention minus the pool table.

No designer, just took my time figuring out how I wanted everything set up. I'm glad I took my time with this though as I can't imagine setting it up any other way as I'm maximizing the space and getting everything in that I wanted.

I didn't use a designer ( posted on page 1, includes everything listed above ). I spent a couple of months designing my basement / Theater room in order to maximize my space and get the best projector setup I could. I went through SEVERAL iterations before landing on the one we went with. Very happy with how it turned out, but it does take a lot of time and patience to get it right. Also - keep in mind that for projectors a lot more planning is needed based on screen size / throw distance and wiring needs.

Feel weird posting my setup without there being any real seating there.

It's been so long since I had couches in my basement where I do most of my console gaming. We had some small renovations and threw our couches assuming we'd buy some new ones. Then last week my dads brother gave us his couches which we shipped over to our place only to find it wouldn't fit through the basement door. And my dad paid 300 to bring it over.... Was so bummed out cause I'm still using a small stool whenever playing in the basement. As a result I'm mainly just playing my PS4 which is connected to a TV in my room by my PC. And after building my display "case"
(closet)
for all my statues I had to replace my PC table with a smaller one that a bigger depth which meant I had to remove my giant chair which no longer fit. I use my bed as a chair now lol.

Gotta be conservative till I can get my own place as well so couches and seating will have to wait till I can find a good deal. Don't really want to burden my parent with those expenses either.

Celcius

°Temp. member
My setup hasn't changed since last year but I may as well contribute to the 2016 thread:

2016setup1_zpsdckfv1s3.jpg
2016setup2_zpshlt1ll3r.jpg

The PS3 is a 320gb slim model and the PC specs are:

Intel 2600k @ 4.6ghz
Noctua NH-D14
Asus P8Z68V-Pro GEN3
16GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-2T
256GB Samsung 840 Pro
160GB Intel 320 Series
EVGA 3GB GTX 780 Ti + hi-flow bracket
Seasonic X750
CaseLabs Merlin SM8
X-Fi Titanium HD
Samsung SH-222BB
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
ASUS VH236H
Creative T40
Corsair K70 w/ Cherry MX brown switches
Logitech G400s
Audio Technica ATH-AD700

I'm in the process of finishing my basement now and will have everything you mention minus the pool table.

No designer, just took my time figuring out how I wanted everything set up. I'm glad I took my time with this though as I can't imagine setting it up any other way as I'm maximizing the space and getting everything in that I wanted.

I didn't use a designer ( posted on page 1, includes everything listed above ). I spent a couple of months designing my basement / Theater room in order to maximize my space and get the best projector setup I could. I went through SEVERAL iterations before landing on the one we went with. Very happy with how it turned out, but it does take a lot of time and patience to get it right. Also - keep in mind that for projectors a lot more planning is needed based on screen size / throw distance and wiring needs.

That is the problem, I am not that tech savvy or DIY person to take on a project that big. I will need a contractor to do some dry wall, ahrdwood floor, set up the bar, etc.. I was thinking on hiring one of those HT guys to design the project, and do all the thinking for me in terms of screen size, equipment, etc.. I want to take my time on saving the money so I like the final product. I wish I were a DIY person, but I am not :(

7.2. I have a Denon X4000 so no Atmos for me. I plan on upgrading probably later this year and getting Atmos. I might end up getting the Klipsch Atmos speaker add ons for my current set up, not sure yet.

Good stuff.

Pretty large speakers for that size space. Do you ever feel that you have more power than you need?

I once had a set up in a similar size space and found that I could never get my system to stretch it's legs because it would just be too loud for the space.

Ceebs

Here is my PC setup. Tower sits under the desk.

img_20160109_12040053w9uo4.jpg

And my TV + cat (which is connected via HDMI to PC and controlled via the wireless keyboard you can sorta see above the WiiU pad)

img_20160109_120651788ku34.jpg

That is the problem, I am not that tech savvy or DIY person to take on a project that big. I will need a contractor to do some dry wall, ahrdwood floor, set up the bar, etc.. I was thinking on hiring one of those HT guys to design the project, and do all the thinking for me in terms of screen size, equipment, etc.. I want to take my time on saving the money so I like the final product. I wish I were a DIY person, but I am not :(
I'll clarify by saying I used a contractor, and just supplied the AV equipment/etc. I knew some going into it, but not nearly enough. If you are serious, I'd recommend spending some time doing research on AVS forum. Once you get an idea of what you want, then it's just a matter of finding a good / reasonable contractor to do the work.

Good stuff.

Pretty large speakers for that size space. Do you ever feel that you have more power than you need?

I once had a set up in a similar size space and found that I could never get my system to stretch it's legs because it would just be too loud for the space.

You'd be surprised. It's a lot for that room but calibration has helped for sure. Sometimes though yeah I wonder if I'm overdoing it. My new place is larger so I'm anxious to see how it changes.

Nice speakers, i bet its pretty darn loud!

maxell_speaker.jpg

Thanks man. For sure, it's loud. Clean as heck though, detail to spare. Games sound amazing especially Destiny.

Top Bottom