• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SKY-TV Italy and Greece to give away free Xbox Series S consoles with one of 3 subscription plans, starting at €29/mo, for 18 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
207V0cU.png

For Black Friday Sky-TV Italy and Greece (through Now TV) will give away a free Xbox Series S gaming consoles with a subscription to one of the 3 media plans Sky offers.

This is actually a good idea because it allows more than one option for consumers to choose from, by giving 3 there's a better chance Sky will attract subscribers with the free Series S deal,

Also good to see Microsoft trying something new in Greece and Italy, not two of the more popular countries for Xbox sales. This is a good first step toward building something over there,

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Oof. Those terms and conditions are kind of rough. If you cancel early you owe them money. If you don't tell them you want to cancel 30 days in advance of the subscription renewing it will automatically renew an 18 month subscription. I'm guessing their hope is that they catch people who miss their cancellation window, and then they re-subscribe for an additional 18 months at a non-promotional rate.

Three

Oof. Those terms and conditions are kind of rough. If you cancel early you owe them money.
That's normal

If you don't tell them you want to cancel 30 days in advance of the subscription renewing it will automatically renew an 18 month subscription. I'm guessing their hope is that they catch people who miss their cancellation window, and then they re-subscribe for an additional 18 months at a non-promotional rate.
That's fucking illegal 😄.

mxbison

Oof. Those terms and conditions are kind of rough. If you cancel early you owe them money. If you don't tell them you want to cancel 30 days in advance of the subscription renewing it will automatically renew an 18 month subscription. I'm guessing their hope is that they catch people who miss their cancellation window, and then they re-subscribe for an additional 18 months at a non-promotional rate.

Yes, that is exactly how Sky has always done their business. Trying to fuck over their customers.

You're paying over 500€ for a Series S and sub of this dog shit company. Don't do it.

Ozriel

M$FT
Seems like a smart bit of business. All all digital console means customers are more likely to pick up a Gamepass sub with it.

UnNamed

Banned
Selling products with subscription is a good idea, first costumers don't feel of the actual price and it's perceived as less expensive, second maybe they afford 300$ for a console one month but they can pay 20$ a month to rent a product.

I remember MS already had plans to to this during the XB1 era.

They should sell consoles primarily by subscriptions since, after all, they are a company of services, so they can increase exponentially the number of users who buy Gamepass.

That's fucking illegal 😄.
It's not.
They inform the potential vict.. customer, which is all that is required.
Any responsible person who takes that offer should immediately after subscribing already send the termination wish for the end of the 18 months.
Some gamers also feel betrayed when eg. Sony grabs money for the renewal of PS+ membership, but Sony also does inform you. At subscribing it is written somewhere, they even inform you with a mail right before they do it which they don't even need to, but probably makes it much less of a how-could-they outcry and battle if they told you directly do opt out, last chance, just before.
I would guess pratically all subscritpions are auto renewing so people should expect it as the default and not the other way round. I think yearly renewals would be a bit more conventinal, but if the first round is already 18 months renewing another 18 seems also quite expectable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom