• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. for Wii U errors! [Update: General WiiU system failure error?]

Piccoro

I updated the OP.

Yeah, regardless of all of this, last night I played Smash for hours.
The game is just too good not to play it, lol :p

walnuts

I heard this happens with any game, and could be a hardware problem (please correct me if I'm wrong). This did not happen in two years, since launch, I would bet this was caused by one of the latest system updates.

Hey again!

So, i just got off the horn with Nintendo. They're saying that despite everything on the Interwebs about this glitch, I would have to pay for them to fix this bullshit. They're talking about 100 bucks plus shipping, since my console was a launch unit.

What the fuck? I can understand if it was an issue of wear and tear, but like I explained to the nice lady on the phone, this was something internal on their part.

Hell, I'd copy everything and take my chances formatting the system except I cannot copy over my original Wii information too.

Has this happened to anyone else here yet? Did you have to bite the bullet to get your system repaired

DaddyO

Neo Member
Hey again!

So, i just got off the horn with Nintendo. They're saying that despite everything on the Interwebs about this glitch, I would have to pay for them to fix this bullshit. They're talking about 100 bucks plus shipping, since my console was a launch unit.

What the fuck? I can understand if it was an issue of wear and tear, but like I explained to the nice lady on the phone, this was something internal on their part.

Hell, I'd copy everything and take my chances formatting the system except I cannot copy over my original Wii information too.

Has this happened to anyone else here yet? Did you have to bite the bullet to get your system repaired

I had this error on my 14 month old console. They originally wanted me to pay. I was super patient and asked for the issue to be escalated to someone who could override and get it fixed for free. I also had them look up my club N account to show that I buy a ton of their stuff. I ended up succeeding in having them pay. I don't know if it was because it was only recently out of warranty, or if the warranty was extended enough by my club N registration, or if they just wanted to do the right thing.

I sent it off right before Thanksgiving and I should get it back this upcoming Tuesday.

Good luck!

AJSousuke

Sakuraiiiiiiiiiiii what is dis??? This is concerning, hope Nintendo fix this ASAP :(

image.php
image.php
image.php
super_smash_bros_online.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

Filter

Wise Fwom Your Gwabe!

Looks like this problem doesn't occur that much if this thread hasn't been touched since 2014. But the error happened to me last night :(

I was having a go on star fox zero, exited to the home screen, inserted the disc for Nintendo land and then I got this depressing message.

None of my wiiU games will work. They show the loading screen, then it fails and shows the error again. Luckily virtual console games are still working. I've just about finished earthbound and I don't want to play all the way thru the beginning again (that game is cursed for me),

I'm going to call Nintendo after the weekend (I'm in New Zealand), can I expect them to fix it for free or get given the run around?

Top Bottom