• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros For Wii U may be delayed in UK if ordered from Amazon

Rich!

I ordered it late friday evening while I was black friday shopping. They probably didn't begin processing it until the next day so you might get yours tomorrow.

yeah, it'll be tomorrow then. thanks!

argos saves the day again (sourced a Wii U bundle for me at short notice earlier in the year when tesco let me down). I should stop making fun of them and calling them chavgos to mates

Anyone wanting to buy GC Smash controllers and willing to wait, cause it's an import, should try Nippon-Yasan they even mark value down so if it's over £15 etc you won't get customs:
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan/9922-wii-u-gamecube-controller-smash-bros-black.html
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan/9923-wii-u-gamecube-controller-smash-bros-white.html
White ones have sold out though, I got a preorder in though ;D, chose a cheaper delivery option and it was still 2,500JPY so around £14.

Rich!

I've already got four superb condition gamecube controllers (one is the one I got from launch in may 2002, and it's still good as new!), so I'm not fussed about getting more really.

linkboy

I ordered the adapter from Amazon UK and it hasn't shipped yet (I'm in the US).

I'm not making any changes to my order, just going to leave it alone, I figure it'll so eventually, or Amazon will cancel it.

cluderi

By the way if anyones after a Gamecube controller without amazons inflated prices, GAME in Lakeside had them in stock for £25 each, I'm guessing most other stores will too.

Cheers for that. Ended up taking a quick lunch break to my local GAME to check and I found the last gamecube adapter bundle sat behind the counter. They almost let me have it for £24.99 but one employee realised they had all been barcoded wrong. Still more than happy to get it for £54.99 plus a controller at £24.99 (I had close to £70 in game credit to use)

They even game me a £5 voucher that I used on my first Amiibo so that ended up costing me £6.99. I can cancel all my web orders now that my quest is finally over (sort your flaming stock out Nintendo)

Randomizer

Still waiting on my Smash Bros + GC adapter bundle from Shopto. It supposedly shipped last Wednesday so it will be a week tomorrow. They blamed it on Royal Mail but the fact that others have been having issues all week seems to indicate they are full of shit.

Rich!

sigh

argos just phoned me and let me know the item is fully out of stock. at least they made the effort to let me know rather than the fools at amazon

ah well. looks like I'm not going to ever get a gamecube adapter. :(

Ianan

Had my order for the adapter + game dispatched on Saturday with next day delivery via DPD from Shopto. Still waiting :(.
I phoned them up today and DPD said there is no tracking data at all for the tracking information Shopto provided me, I phoned Shopto up and they had no idea whats going on either. Should hear back from them sometime tomorrow.
Ughhhh

Screenboy

So Ive only just got confirmation that I'm going to receive my game & adapter on the 19th December from Amazon UK...does anyone know anywhere else where i'd be able to get a hold of the bundle before then??

Hasney

So Ive only just got confirmation that I'm going to receive my game & adapter on the 19th December from Amazon UK...does anyone know anywhere else where i'd be able to get a hold of the bundle before then??

Paying over the odds on eBay. Everywhere is now sold out.

chip123

Still waiting on my Smash Bros + GC adapter bundle from Shopto. It supposedly shipped last Wednesday so it will be a week tomorrow. They blamed it on Royal Mail but the fact that others have been having issues all week seems to indicate they are full of shit.

Exact same situation here. I went into the sorting office this morning, Royal Mail have nothing for me so I'm certain it's Shopto's screw up. Ended up just buying a copy from Game and will sell the extra if it ever gets here.

Hasney

I was told by ShopTo that they'd cancel it if they found it in their warehouse. I take it they didn't find my order so fuck knows where it is now, because it's still not here.

Ianan

After phoning up ShopTo last night, it seems they've done something about my order at least. Its now tracking correctly via DPD and is estimated to arrive today. Hopefully its there when I get home from work.

Dzab

Just got a call from Argos saying they've completely run out of stock of the adapter (even the I ordered the Game + Adapter box) and they won't have any until February. She said it was nationwide.

Rich!

Just got a call from Argos saying they've completely run out of stock of the adapter (even the I ordered the Game + Adapter box) and they won't have any until February. She said it was nationwide.

Yeah, thats the call I got.

Sakujou

Banned
GUYS IAM SERIOUSLY RAGING.

amazon just cancelled my smash bros. gc adapter bundle.

i ordered on the 20th it got delayed on the 25th to the 4th of december and now they cancelled it.

what to do :(

Rich!

what to do :(

Nothing. It's over. Sorry.

Best we can hope for now is Mayflash, who are apparently in the process of making their own adapter that works with Smash U and Nintendont (the official adapter has been reverse engineered, and they have their own running through an arduino board). For reference, their current adapter is this:

201206041210426725.jpg

Supports two controllers at once with rumble through just one USB cable. It's around £10 for the current one, so when they release their new version if it only has two ports still, just buy two of them.

Dzab

Nothing. It's over. Sorry.

I called GAME, they told me they had only THREE adapters in their UK stores. Somewhere totally away, in Wales and in Aberdeen.

They do however have the Game + Adapter bundle in stores around me, for the low, low price of £69.99!

Porcile

I called GAME, they told me they had only THREE adapters in their UK stores. Somewhere totally away, in Wales and in Aberdeen.

They do however have the Game + Adapter bundle in stores around me, for the low, low price of £69.99!

I don't like price gouging but considering the rarity of the damn thing, that's not horribly unreasonable. I paid £55 for mine when I pre-ordered.

Sakujou

Banned
I don't like price gouging but considering the rarity of the damn thing, that's not horribly unreasonable. I paid £55 for mine when I pre-ordered.

i ordered mine for 55€. if they want more money, a few bucks are ok, but cancelling :(
oh man, what a major letdown of the year. first not getting my stupid game on launch day, now this.

nintendo has ruined it for me.

i also didnt get the first print of bayonetta on day1.

edit:wow, just checked amazon, there were 5 of the gc adapters, while putting it in the basket one was left and i could snatch it away.
paying 55 for the game and 20 for the adapter.
thanks nintendo for producing less units to let nintendo fans kill each other over limited quantities.

cluderi

That's a bit scummy as I assume they're new and not pre-owned, I bought one yesterday from Game and paid £54.99 as normal.

cluderi

Wow, really? In-store? For the game + adaptor?

Yep, I actually went looking for a gamecube controller but noticed they had one sole bundle sat on the shelves behind the counter. Took them 10 mins to find out what to charge as it was barcoded to £24.99. Manager vanished with it for 10 mins then came back and told me £54.99 new (which I promptly snapped up given how freaking hard they are to find)

Dzab

I've called Game again, they're telling me that all the branches are selling it for £69.99. :(

I've cancelled my pre order and just bought the regular version. I would be paying an extra £35 to just play with a different controller. You lost money Nintendo!

Finalow

"~Hello,

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

Estimated arrival date: December 19 2014~"

seriously now? December fucking 19?

what a fucking joke.

cluderi

I realised my phone number was wrong in the Argos system so I corrected it yesterday. Today I got the phone call..

"We're ringing about the order for Super Smash Bros, we don't have the item you requested but we're willing to send you game for 54.99 - 20 so you can buy the adapter separately"
"But I can't buy the adapter separately as it's out of stock...."
"Sorry but that's all we can offer"

Order cancelled, plus points to Argos for actually ringing to let me know and offering the game at essentially £35. Amazon couldn't even be bothered to send me the £3 voucher they told me they were sending as a "gesture" after delaying my order the day it was supposed to arrive.

Ianan

I finally FINALLY got my bundle yesterday from ShopTo. Hope you guys are able to get a hold of one soon, I hated that wait.

SeaJ

Neo Member
After a week of contacting Amazon trying to find out what's going on with my order and when I'll be getting it they've just cancelled it. There go my chances of getting a gamecube adaptor without selling a kidney.

Hasney

I finally FINALLY got my bundle yesterday from ShopTo. Hope you guys are able to get a hold of one soon, I hated that wait.

Nice. Had a package that was too big for the letterbox from Royal mail yesterday that is now being delivered tomorrow, so hopefully it is that. Now to decide if I'll ever be in a situation where there'll be 8 GC controllers knocking about, or just flog it for profit.

Chaos

Anyone wanting to buy GC Smash controllers and willing to wait, cause it's an import, should try Nippon-Yasan I got a preorder in though ;D, chose a cheaper delivery option and it was still 2,500JPY so around £14.

Thanks for the heads up good price, and as the adpater is oos I dont mind waiting.

Not related as such, but cancelled my Wii U order from Amazon. I could have ordered the same bundle I have now (Smash Bros bundle from GAME), and I'd be playing my Wii U right now.

I'm not petty, but genuinely never using Amazon again, or at least will make a concerted effort not to. What is the point in pre-ordering (i.e. guaranteed a copy of what you want to buy in advance), if you aren't guaranteed it?

I don't know how Amazon reps can legally get away with saying that it will "definitely" arrive on a certain day when it won't.

Rich!

Yeah. My trust in Amazon is completely gone. Cancelled all of my upcoming preorders with them - I will go with simplygames.

And about the gamecube adapter...I got an order in with nippon yasan today before they went out of stock!! Got a notification the gamecube adapter was for sale, and got on that shit immediately.

£15 for the gamecube adapter!!!! Fucking YES

Yeah. My trust in Amazon is completely gone. Cancelled all of my upcoming preorders with them - I will go with simplygames.

And yeah, I got an order in with nippon yasan before they went out of stock!! £15 for the gamecube adapter!!!! Fucking YES

Is there any remote chance we'll see third parties capitalising on this and producing a load of cheap ones?

I mean I can definitely see a similar situation to when now you put "Wii Remote" in on eBay and get 15 "Wii Motions Plus" knockoffs from Hong Kong coming up.

Rich!

Is there any remote chance we'll see third parties capitalising on this and producing a load of cheap ones?

I mean I can definitely see a similar situation to when now you put "Wii Remote" in on eBay and get 15 "Wii Motions Plus" knockoffs from Hong Kong coming up.

Mayflash have already reverse engineered it and got it working via an arudino board.

So yes.

Sillverrr

Feeling like I dodged a bullet my cancelling my Amazon order. Not only are they slowpokes at delivering on time, in this instance they couldn't even fulfill the orders!

My Base order of GC adapter + game turned up on Monday - seriously poor that Amazon is cancelling orders at this late stage. And what's with some future Nintendo games being listed as "currently unavailable"? Prior to a couple of days ago they were all available for preorder.

This happened to me as well. At least I have GC controllers, unlike some who bought controllers but their bundle git cancelled. Also, £3 in credit lol fuck off Amazon. I know Nintendo didn't make enough but why even take pre-orders if they didn't have enough stock, poor communication between Amazon and Nintendo or just plain incompetence? Probably both. So yeah they still have some left, they just want +£100 for it.

Honestly I'd bet reasonably large amounts of money that in under three months you'll be able to pick up a third party alternative for peanuts. Wait a little bit, settle for the Pro Controller for now.

CassSept

When I picked up my order yesterday the shop I went to said that one of their competitors grabbed every last copy available of the bundle and that Nintendo said there likely won't be another batch until next year. Chains in Poland don't carry Wii U games any more so I find that interesting that smaller stores fight each other to get copies.

Top Bottom