• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Solid Snake Japanese voice actor: ‘Kojima Productions has disbanded’

Betty

Banned
Is it just me that hopes MGS V is the last ever MGS game?

Im a huge fan and MGS is probably my favourite series, im just worried about Konami milking it

It IS the last MGS game.

Sure Konami will throw the franchise to some untalented dev that will create nothing but trash, but it doesn't matter because MGS ends with V.

So it confirms after MGS V, Konami will milk this franchise back and forth like they did with SH and after it is not selling anymore put it on hiatus like all their great games back in the days.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm a little bummed that MGS is coming to an end, but i'm glad that kojima is free from the confines of this narrative and can bring his design genius to other genres and universes.

JP

He may prefer to stay independent rather than signing up with one of the big three, could quite see him enjoying working at somewhere like Platinum Games.

Boke1879

Someone is going to throw Kojima a lot of money to develop a game. I'm sure Shinkawa will follow Kojima wherever he goes though.

My only hope is that Kojima-san is able to retain some of his top guys, like Shinkawa, Ken, Jackie, and so on. Who knows, though? He's a genius, and people would love to make a game under his direction, I'm sure.

Jazz573

How long has Kojima been with Konami? He was at least there in 1988 when Snatcher released, and Metal Gear released in 1987. Was he there before then?

this really sucks, i wish them the best of luck and i hope they fall on their feet

nJ0XxJI.gif

u5YULRC.gif

ChaosXVI

Kojima is going to be like a Disney princess. Every major publisher under the sun is going to line up to get him and any of his team members that he can keep together with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is already taking meetings with them.

My money is on Sony though.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Unfortunate, but no generic Konami hate from me. Thank you for continued Bemani support, Konami!

metalgearforever

J-Skee

I imagine Shuhei gave Kojima a call the moment he heard about the news, not even on a business level but just on some "hey man, how are you holding up?". I can't picture him going anywhere else. It's either Sony or going completely independent.

A Kickstarter for either a Enders 3 or spiritual successor to Enders by 2018 at a Sony E3 press conference that'll also feature Agent and Half-Life 3.

Pouring one out for the game we nearly got, but never had :'(

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
sony should hire kojima to head a new japanese studio.

Or Nintendo. God knows they need him more.

I would see him going to Sony before Nintendo. Just based on MGS to MGS 4. I would think if he wanted to do something he might go to the the console that would allow his vision to come through more.

Going to Nintendo would get me back as a big fan of theirs quick...depending on the type of games he do. I became a fan of Sony when I followed FF 7 and MGS to the PS 1.

I repeat that last line so much....its like a broken record.

Xiraiya

I wanted to make a thread but maybe it isn't warranted so I'll ask about it in here:

How will MGO function? Surely as an online pvp experience it'll need a good flow of patches coming out at the very least for the first 6/8 months. What about it now without a team to work on them? And who knows just how much or how little DLC is done already and what are Konami's plans for that?

Do you guys think Metal Gear Online is basically dead already?
Nope, LA team were renamed to Konami LA, they're a separate bunch to the core Kojipro team.

Mooreberg

The only surprise is that Konami did not maintain the charade until September 1st. We all knew MGS V was the end of the line when Silent Hills got axed.

Top Bottom