• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

some guy leaked FFXV's story six months ago | up: newer 4chan stuff as of Dec 9th

Gemeanie

I'm speechless.. Were we supposed to go through 3 games to find out Noctis killed Stella??

So was Omen trailer actually a leftover of this plot?

Bladenic

Man, some of that stuff sounds awful.

Also the Versus XIII stuff sounds just as erghhhh. I mean Noctis killing Stella without even remembering, lmao? What the fuck.

The Chapter 14 stuff that got cut is kind of a shame, though.

Actually the Noctis/Stella thing seems to be the inspiration for Omen trailer. Which they put in the game but it doesn't amount to anything lmao

Big One

Banned
lol at that plot

geez what a fucking mess (if it's true)

it's so stupid i actually believe nomura would think of that
Nomura has consistently bee a terrible writer from day one. Not sure why there was that much hype from Final Fantasy Versus in the first place. Removing him from the project is the best thing Square has done in years.

so this is saying that the company wanted a competent director to remake FF7. Toriyama was no good, Yoshida was busy with XIV, Ito was busy cleaning bathroom, Tabata wasn't safe enough and Kitase was too lazy to get back to the frontline. So they made a deal with Nomura who was making Versus at the time that he had to direct FF7 remake with his entire VersusXIII team and he could do what ever he wanted. The catch was he had to give up VersusXIII, which would become XV. And Tabata was the perfect pick for XV as he just proved himself with Type-0 PSP.

IF this was real then I would understand why Nomura didn't just quit the company. And IF the VersusXV was real then SE upper management just gave Tabata the biggest middle finger. WTF.

True, I love FFXV despite its flaws, it's my GOTY and Tabata and his team did a good job. It's just something about Nomura's Versus XIII that looked a lot more interesting than when it was given to Tabata and changed to XV.

Ydelnae

tumblr_nsliqiYRJj1usi9kio1_1280.png

This is probably the Luna scene that allegedly got cut because it showed her being abused by the general, but again, we are trusting a 4chan rumor here.

I thought Ardyn didn't exist in VXIII and that the emperor was the main villain.

The Final Fantasy XV 2013 trailer was using CGi cutscenes from Versus XIII (which featured Ardyn) and Ferrari confirmed that he submitted his designs during the Versus XIII times.

ViciousDS

Banned
I can't imagine what kind of fuckery Nomura is going to do to FFVII:R

I mean look how insane kingdom hearts damn plot has got

She was already dead the whole time and Noctis doesn't remember it, so he just hallucinates her when he gets told that they are holding a peace treaty with Niflheim lol

If you watch the Versus trailers, Stella never interacts with anyone else that isn't Noctis and in the 2013 XV trailer she sorts of gives away the twist lol

It does fit really well with the leak, hilariously.

Mortemis

Banned
Yes, it still in.

Cool.
What is the dark world?

I hope SE gives FFXVI time to cook, and with it not having to be an old game re-done by a new director or using an undone proprietary engine, production will be much smoother. That may be too much to hope for though.

Boke1879

This will also stop the whole "it was'nt in development for 10 years" nonsense too. The game was meant to be a disaster of a certain degree all this time and Tabata changes made it even worse.

Most people outside of this forum don't view the game as a disaster at all. Most people would say it's a good game honestly.

Kyoufu

Actually the Noctis/Stella thing seems to be the inspiration for Omen trailer. Which they put in the game but it doesn't amount to anything lmao

I still have no idea why they put the Omen trailer in the game LOL.

"Shit, the game needs more cutscenes, quick, throw in that trailer!"

Zafir

Yeah, that's true.

I hadn't actually seen the Omen trailer, because I stopped watching stuff to avoid spoilers. I was just totally confused when it was randomly inserted in the main game.

In the spoiler thread, pre release, I think I and several other posters thought of better alternative stories for XV than this and XV itself without going overboard with budget and graphical/technical capabilities.

JayEH

Definitely. Tabata's story is garbage. The man does know how to craft an effective plot.

I guess I got some rewatching to do. Too bad Nomura couldn't hack it.

i don't think it's tabata's fault we got what we got. seems like he was given scraps and had to figure out quickly how to put them back together. rough dev cycle.

Man, some of that stuff sounds awful.

Also the Versus XIII stuff sounds just as erghhhh. I mean Noctis killing Stella without even remembering, lmao? What the fuck.

The Chapter 14 stuff that got cut is kind of a shame, though.

Yeah, I don't get it. That sounds fucking terrible. I'm quite happy with what we got.

Spoiler: every single game ever developed looks much different from conception to execution. This doesn't mean it was a disastrous mess, it means it was a videogame in development. Hell, Tess was originally intended to be the main antagonist of TLOU. She was going to track your across the country, kidnap Joel, and torture him at the end. There's concept art out there for it.

Ardyn seems good so far as a villan.

He's the best villain since FF VII IMO

Cool.
What is the dark world?

I hope SE gives FFXVI time to cook, and with it not having to be an old game re-done by a new director or using an undone proprietary engine, production will be much smoother. That may be too much to hope for though.

The Dark World is how the leaker calling when the nights are eternal in the game.

ethomaz

Banned
This thread is something else...

Yes I totally believe in this QA... a lot of non-surprising issues that anybody that played the game can do 2 + 2.

It is incredible sad how they fucked the story.

Wow, if the Noctis/Stella face off trailer had shown the next ten seconds where he actually offed her maybe we wouldn't have had to listen to 4 years of "Luna isn't strong like Stella/unlike Stella Luna is just a plot device." Not that that excuses Luna's relative absence in XV, but still...

Haganeren

What's the problem with this plot for everyone ?
Seems fun to me.

Especially the ghost/hallucination part, it would have lead to a lot of amusing things.

rhandino

Banned
There were references to the heroine having been abused by other characters, some scenes would have featured Luna crying because of her health and there were also mentions of her goal in life being meeting the male protagonist's expectations/objectives, which the team considered that were going to be problematic since the game had been carrying a bad reputation because of the way they portrayed female characters.

So basically Luna would have been this:

2tg96CH.gif

For the entire game? Go home Square-Enix. You are a mess, a DAMN MESS

Dunno what y'all are reading but this plot sounds like a masterpiece for me

And imagine the plot twist that you killed stella?!!

Something to top aeris' death and all gaming plot twists

Kouriozan

So they reduced Luna to nothingness, a real shame.
She's just there advance the plot after that Leviathan fight basically.
Oh and the
"happy" ending
ending spoiler.

There were references to the heroine having been abused by other characters, some scenes would have featured Luna crying because of her health and there were also mentions of her goal in life being meeting the male protagonist's expectations/objectives, which the team considered that were going to be problematic since the game had been carrying a bad reputation because of the way they portrayed female characters.

So basically Luna would have been this:

2tg96CH.gif

For the entire game? Go home Square-Enix. You are a mess, a DAMN MESS

Luna/Stella was never gonna amount to anything.

Mortemis

Banned
A Versus XV would be something else. Sounds super bullshit but I guess that could be their way of making a FFXV-2 and reusing assets?

He's the best villain since FF VII IMO

The Dark World is how the leaker calling when the nights are eternal in the game.

Oh, so its the same thing, okay. Thanks

Top Bottom