• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some online games (like some F2P titles) don't require PS+ paywall.

ElRenoRaven

Well at least Sony gets it. That's one thing that annoyed the piss out of me with live. They were always like no you'd have to have gold. In fact did a single F2P game ever come out on the 360? I know some where going to but never seemed to materialize.

This interview also seems to say that DriveClub PS+ Edition doesn't have real-time online competitive play. :(
What? What?

That makes no sense.

Edit: I do hope the free-to-play titles are excluded from the paywall. Otherwise they should be know as fee-based or fee-to-pay.

Revan

From this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585651

While direct competition in real time won’t be possible [without PS Plus] for instance in the case of DriveClub, asynchronous online gameplay and receiving data from other players will still be free of charge.

So, the pawn system in Dragon's Dogma or the "online components" of Dark/Demon Souls (I've never played them so I might be using the wrong analogy/terms here) are available to use without the PS+ paywall?

It really sounds like the 50$/year is to keep the servers up, for using the sharing button and keeping all of the online components going....not gouging customers.

I'm seriously impressed with Sony's PR and Marketing. Completely transparent have have answers to questions.

The 2006 era Sony seems to be long gone....

BuzzJive

This is clear as mud and makes no sense. So if I PAY $60 for a game, I can't play it online without also paying for PS+. But if it's a free game that I pay nothing for, I can play it online for free.

Stupid.

I just want to play Destiny online. Throwing in a gimped version of a racing game I don't care about doesn't sweeten the deal.

Top Bottom