• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Forces X Hooters collaboration begins 10/16: Special Chili Dog Set, Dance

I'm convinced everything about this game, from the marketing to the song decisions to the story to the character creator, is deliberately made to be as stupid as possible and lean in on all of the aspects of Sonic that people mock in an effort to create a game that will get popular off people streaming themselves playing it on Twitch.

I... doubt they've sunk that kinda thought into this mess.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

SoulUnison

Banned
22448244_1702016149831947_2634032746119306577_n.jpg

Wait, were these dug out of a landfill somewhere?
Where do you even still find a huge horde of Sonic plushies that are wearing SOAP(tm) shoes?
Wasn't that a one-time tie-in deal for Sonic Adventure 2, so, like... 16 years ago?

Maybe the true purpose of this collaboration was to clear out a warehouse, somewhere.

Wait, were these dug out of a landfill somewhere?
Where do you even still find a huge horde of Sonic plushies that are wearing SOAP(tm) shoes?
Wasn't that a one-time tie-in deal for Sonic Adventure 2, so, like... 16 years ago?

I don't know but they have a ton of them.

22528150_1702015983165297_3512935881322082403_n.jpg

22491941_1702016246498604_5237387098108930098_n.jpg

I'm convinced everything about this game, from the marketing to the song decisions to the story to the character creator, is deliberately made to be as stupid as possible and lean in on all of the aspects of Sonic that people mock in an effort to create a game that will get popular off people streaming themselves playing it on Twitch.

Honestly, at this point this is how I feel Sega is going about it too. I really don't have any words for how I feel about the game and its marketing other than they're trying waaaaaaaay too hard... which may or may not work out in the long run.

Village

Wait, were these dug out of a landfill somewhere? It

SA2 is one of the most popular sonic games
It introduced shadow. Its merch is probably in high demand and they have to make more from time to time. Its like reprints of like old popular comic events. It probably doesn't cost too much to make limited run plushies, and makes whatever it costs back

One, why would they do that

Two, its written by the guy who wrote sonic 06

three, people will mock sega if this game is good or b ad,

So its most likely not intentional

theofficefan99

Ok but why Hooters tho? Their target audience isn't ppl who regularly dine at Hooters lol. Kind of a dumb risky marketing move for a game that is already being released at a reduced price from the get-go.

Honest question, what's so terrible about Hooters? Food sucks or something? ...is it Sonics fault...again?

(asking because there is supposed to be one opening here in my city for the first time and I'm contemplating to go there at least once)

ubercheez

Huh, I didn't know Japan had Hooters.

But seriously, what is up with that hot dog? It looks like they just laid a Slim Jim in that bun. Does Japan not know how to do hot dogs, or is this specific to Hooters?

Nikodemos

Huh, I didn't know Japan had Hooters.

But seriously, what is up with that hot dog? It looks like they just laid a Slim Jim in that bun. Does Japan not know how to do hot dogs, or is this specific to Hooters?
From what I remember of other GAFers' comments, Japan isn't really the place to go to if you want a good selection of charcuterie/salami/wurst/etc.

LordKasual

Banned
You know, considering the atmosphere of Hooters....

...something about this collaboration is just...perfect. Somehow, it makes sense.

in the most embarrassingly tone-deaf way possible.

This collaboration perfectly encapsulates literally everything wrong with Sonic Team and Sega

Exotoro

people were asking and talking about the plushies and those aren't the originals that were created in 2001

i found this video about it and the scenario doesnt seem to be about them overproducing the sonic plush but rather updating the original with new plushes in the same style

basically they have been updating this one plush from 2001. It was seemingly updated in 2011 for some giveaways and has been continually been made for events for the anniversary. they're brand new, mint condition plushes, seemingly made recently

Top Bottom