• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania (8-15-2017, SEGA/Taxman/Headcannon/PagodaWest, PS4/XB1/PC/NX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

Just announced
CoBAq0VWYAArw7N.jpg:large
It's the ultimate Sonic celebration! Sonic returns in a new 2D platforming high speed adventure, and he's not alone!

Developed in collaboration between SEGA, Christian Whitehead, Headcannon, and PagodaWest Games, experience new zones and remixed classic levels with Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles!
TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxmtYdEWVzo

mod edit:

Sonic Mania Announced: A New 2D Adventure on PS4

Sonic Mania brings fans back into the 2D world of platform games with nostalgic pixel-style art and core classic gameplay by reimagining iconic Zones and Acts from Sonic The Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic CD and Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. Before you get too lost in nostalgia of the 1990s, the game is also adding completely new Zones with all-new Acts and bosses into the mix.

Neoxon

So this is the Classic Sonic game, nice.

I'm glad that Sega let Chrstian Whitehead make his own Sonic game, but I'm curious to see what Sonic Team is working on.

RagnarokX

Awesome. Never thought they'd do it. Not a fan of the Knuckles Chaotix-looking level, but hopefully other levels look good.

Kinsei

Banned
Eh, I'm not a fan of the retro graphics. I'm not sure if I trust them to have level design on par with the classics.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's nice but...I'll be honest I do want a true advancement of the series. I guess that might come later, or is this it?

Day 1 though.

jett

D-Member
Hey it's a romhack.

How come despite being widescreen it still doesn't look like you have enough space to know what the fuck is coming at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom