• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony agrees to $15M settlement in 2011 data breach class action

Sure, I'll take the PS+ top-up.

It doesn't look like there will be a top-up:

From page 109 of the linked settlement:
EG36S6W.png

Though, they haven't said how they will enforce giving out PS+ only to non-members.

i wouldn't say no to some free pursuit force tbh
It's not on the list of games, but might be one of the "TBD" games.

How do we go about redeeming this?

www.psnsoesettlement.com , but it looks like it is not ready yet

Based on those options it's a tough choice. Rain looks interesting, and I think I could play Patapon 3 on my vita, however I don't think they sell the first LBP on PSN (unless they've added it recently) so that might be the only way to get it digitally.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yay! Lawyers win again, good job everyone!
You want them to do it for free? On a multimillion dollar case? You had the option of opting out of the class action and pursuing it yourself. But no, instead you sat back and did nothing. Now you have your hands out asking what else is coming to you.

Help me reconcile the above with gaf waitstaff crying about 15% tips.

Raist

Banned
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but isn't the free stuff only for people who joined the class action lawsuit, and not every PS3 owner?

The original lawsuit said: "The Class includes everyone in the US who had a PSN account, a Qriocity account, or an SOE account at any time before May 15, 2011."

So only US holders who had accounts at the time.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but isn't the free stuff only for people who joined the class action lawsuit, and not every PS3 owner?
Class actions are usually opt out.

Kolma

I like that his includes previous redeemers :D
Also Option 3... didn't everyone get a free month of PS+ already? you basically had to have said no to get the free 3 months.

Hopefully they bring back Wipeout HD for those that don't own it (great game)

Other than that, not sure what I would want to pop up. would either pick LBP just to have digital (already own goty) or Rain since I've never played that. Unless something else great comes out.

As for psp... Nothing there I would want besides Patapon 3 for now. redeemed LBP and ModNation last time(big mistake)
Also for those curious ModNation doesn't work on Vita (it's garbage anyways)
And yes I know I can only pick ONE between PS3 or PSP.

tav7623

Interested to see what the three TBD PS3 games are going to be, but I'm hoping that one of them will be Demon's Souls (which is a Sony published game), Siren: Blood Curse (complete) , or Motorstorm:Apocalypse.

Tremendous bump.

psnsoesettlement.com is now live. I got an email for this a few hours ago. Webpage of email sent out.

You have until the end of August to file a claim.

Here is the final list of free items. Don't get too excited:
FREE GAME OPTION:
If you choose this option, you may select
one game:
Dead Nation™ (PS3)
inFAMOUS™ (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet™ (PS3)
Super Stardust™ HD (PS3)
rain™ (PS3)
Puppeteer™ (PS3)
Invizimals™: Lost Kingdom (PS3)
God of War® HD (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet™ (PSP)
ModNation™ Racers (PSP)
Patapon 3™ (PSP)
Killzone® Liberation (PSP)
WipEout® Pure (PSP)
Syphon Filter®: Dark Mirror (PSP)

FREE THEMES OPTION:
if you choose this option, you may select up to three of these themes:
WipEout® HD Dynamic Theme
UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Dynamic Theme
TOKYO JUNGLE™ Dynamic Theme
The Last Of Us™ Dynamic Theme
Ratchet & Clank® Dynamic Theme
UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™ Dynamic Theme

"PLAYSTATION PLUS" OPTION:
(free subscription for three months)

This option is available if you do not already subscribe to PlayStation Plus. If you are already a subscriber, please choose either the FREE GAME OPTION or FREE THEME OPTION.

If you qualify and wish to choose this option, check here:

JayEH

Damn was hoping I could pick up the free plus but freaking Sony. The games aren't really anything good/something I own already but I'll take what I can get.

I don't understand why they need to give out more games, they gave out games after the breach 3 years ago.

If anyone missed out on the Welcome Back giveaway, they have a second chance to claim those games through this.

anythiing cross-buy with ps4 :p

Nope, though Dead Nation is cross-buy with the Vita version.

Out of all the PSP games, only LittleBigPlanet PSP, Patapon 3, and Killzone Liberation are playable on Vita.

Logash

All PS3 and PSP games. Both systems are sitting in my closet and I am currently subbed to PS plus for 2 years so this means nothing to me.

autoduelist

Out of all the PSP games, only LittleBigPlanet PSP, Patapon 3, and Killzone Liberation are playable on Vita.

Welp, read this 30 seconds too late. Syphon Filter PSP, I hardly knew ye.

Not that I care, like everybody else here I wasn't actually really affected by the breach and was already reimbursed for the outage... so whatever, Sony didn't owe me anything anyway.

Pejo

In for Patapon 3. Thanks for the heads up on this. Although at this point all is forgiven (not forgotten) with Sony personally.

jblank83

The conditions here are garbage. We can only take 3 months of plus if we arent already subscribers? Themes?

Reads more like a promo campaign than a settlement.

Derpyduck

Banned
I'm too lazy to fill it out just for a game I'll never play on a console I don't own anymore. But I will gladly fill out something similar for the Vita lawsuit.

Wait....

With the original welcome back programme, didn't you get like 4 games?

Now you only get 1 and only if you missed out on the original programme or am I misunderstanding?

Most of the games were from the Welcome Back Package, so it was either Rain, Invizimals, Patapon 3, Wipeout Pure or Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror.

Who the hell would select themes haha.

Well, went with Rain and now we wait.

Oh hell, we have to actually physically mail this? Sigh. Is it still first come first serve?
Did you fill the claim online? I just did it electronically

Your claim has been submitted. Please print this page for your records. Note: It is not necessary to mail this form, as your claim was submitted electronically. If you are submitting documentation by mail to support any claim that requires it, you must include a copy of this form with the submission you are mailing to ensure your submission can be matched to your claim form.

SeanTSC

Already have all the games on the list that I'd ever care to play, I'd rather have the 3 months of PS+ than choose something that I don't want. Dumb that it's not an option.

Pretty meh.

Top Bottom