• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Announces FY 2009 Annual Results,Sets Ambitious PS3 Sales Target

DMeisterJ

Banned
noobie said:
Actually I was right, the Game business again made a profit in Q4: "The game business achieved a profit in the fourth quarter due to strong sales of first-party software and the elimination of negative margins on the PS3," said Nobuyuki Oneda, chief financial officer of Sony, at a Tokyo news conference."

I wish we can get a better breakdown for the whole year.. But look like first 2 quarter losses were quite huge.
Wow, pretty big deal there.

deepbrown

noobie said:
Actually I was right, the Game business again made a profit in Q4: "The game business achieved a profit in the fourth quarter due to strong sales of first-party software and the elimination of negative margins on the PS3," said Nobuyuki Oneda, chief financial officer of Sony, at a Tokyo news conference."

I wish we can get a better breakdown for the whole year.. But look like first 2 quarter losses were quite huge.
Hi, nice copy and paste from my Beyond3D post:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1430268&postcount=7

BUSTED.

schuelma said:

Article said:
Sony hopes to sell 15 million consoles this year, up from 13 million in the fiscal year just ended.

The company will also be looking to game software and network sales as it expands the online PlayStation Store beyond games to include movies, music videos and comics.

I dont understand, the PSN already does all of that, lol? Anyway, the guy is right, time to focus on the PSP

yurinka

thuway said:
So the games division isn't DOOMED? :lol
Yes. PS3 is doomed, PSP too. They haz no gamez, and never sold any game or console. Sony doesn't have any kind of long term future. Sony will quit gaming tomorrow.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
yurinka said:
Yes. PS3 is doomed, PSP too. Sony will quit gaming tomorrow.

Sony will go 3rd party!

donny2112

yurinka said:
4rd party! :lol

250px-Gerald_Ford.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
5rd party is also possible!

spwolf

Dedication Through Light said:
I dont understand, the PSN already does all of that, lol? Anyway, the guy is right, time to focus on the PSP

they are just confused a bit as Sony is going to offer their new movie service Qriocity on PSN... in reality, Sony is basically expanding PSN movie service to their TV's and BD players, but it makes little sense to call it PSN so they are going to have unique name for it that will be same everywhere - Qriocity. It is streaming service too, while current PSN movie service is download based.

Didn't Sony announce a couple of months ago that they are going to reshuffle the gaming division again making so it basically back to separate SCE results ?

Oh,I almost forgot.European sales revealed at Nintendo Investor Briefing.

10l.jpg

28l.jpg

19l.jpg

22l.jpg

noobie said:

Of course,we can get a better breakdown.

PS3 Hardware Turns Profitable
Buy a PlayStation 3 system even without any games, and you'll be having a positive effect on Sony's bottom line. The PS3 hardware has at long last turned profitable.

According to a report at Reuters, PS3 hardware starting turning a profit for Sony at the end of March.

The Reuters report did not provide an indication about just how much Sony is making on the system at present. But it looks like these early profits are just the start. Mainichi reports that CFO Nobuyuki Oneda said, presumably during an earnings briefing, that with continued cost cutting measures, the system could reach double digit profitability in the near future.

Source:Andriasang

09_image.jpg

11_image.jpg

14_image.jpg

19_image.jpg

Top Bottom